There are 120 users in the forums

Never thot I'd say this but...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
We've had 3 Coaching changes since '02.

Yup changing Coaches is the answer.

Don't think I need to point out how many OCs' we've been through in that time either.

You're so right.

~Ceadder

A-f**kING-MEN

People jump to conclusions and give up on people SO FAST.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
thats a lot of words
It was so bad Singletary thanked Pete for the ASS KICKIN!!!! Man, I think he knows he is in over his head.
Originally posted by jrg:

Don't think I need to point out how many OCs' we've been through in that time either.

You're so right.

~Ceadder

A-f**kING-MEN

People jump to conclusions and give up on people SO FAST.

no worries, rain or shine this ownership is staying the course. writing off 7 mil is never an option.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I started this thread and i'll say my last piece, thinking things over since Sun. BM is a good guy , GOAT LB, and totally inexperienced HC , lacking coaching skills and experience in WRs, TEs, DBs, DLs, QBs, RBs, OLs. Also not even a DC or OC. He isn't skilled or experienced to be in the position he holds and he brot in a retread to run OC? What a joke. BM, i ask you...as a man, a good man with honor, please, please, resign now so this team can progress. Right now you are the one main impediment to the 49ers improving. Unprepared, inexperienced, clueless. We all deserve better. Thanks for your hard work here helping rebuild the talent and motivation of the team. But you have overstayed your usefulness... it is time to go.

We got rid of noln in midseason, 6 games too late. AFter NO game would be a great time to exit...with grace. We would all admire you for it. By staying you are just destroying an otherwise spotless and stellar career, game by game. You might think about that.

Horrible idea. Why not wait until the offseason? Sing won eight games last year as a head coach. He wont take us to the promise land, but at least we can enjoy some wins. You want to throw in the towel after one game? Give me a break. We've had enough losing. If you want a new HC we should wait until the end of the season, unless we lose like 8 straight games. Talk about about a new jerk reaction...

You're so right.

~Ceadder

Singletary is just an extension of the Nolan regime. Same strategy, same mindset.

The reason why people want a new coach is because they want actual change this time.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 19, 2010 at 14:20:40 ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Yes Sing and Raye need to go.

If mediocrity continues then yes. Get them out.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I started this thread and i'll say my last piece, thinking things over since Sun. BM is a good guy , GOAT LB, and totally inexperienced HC , lacking coaching skills and experience in WRs, TEs, DBs, DLs, QBs, RBs, OLs. Also not even a DC or OC. He isn't skilled or experienced to be in the position he holds and he brot in a retread to run OC? What a joke. BM, i ask you...as a man, a good man with honor, please, please, resign now so this team can progress. Right now you are the one main impediment to the 49ers improving. Unprepared, inexperienced, clueless. We all deserve better. Thanks for your hard work here helping rebuild the talent and motivation of the team. But you have overstayed your usefulness... it is time to go.

We got rid of noln in midseason, 6 games too late. AFter NO game would be a great time to exit...with grace. We would all admire you for it. By staying you are just destroying an otherwise spotless and stellar career, game by game. You might think about that.

Horrible idea. Why not wait until the offseason? Sing won eight games last year as a head coach. He wont take us to the promise land, but at least we can enjoy some wins. You want to throw in the towel after one game? Give me a break. We've had enough losing. If you want a new HC we should wait until the end of the season, unless we lose like 8 straight games. Talk about about a new jerk reaction...

Just curious, do you still think we should scrap the season and bring in a whole new coaching staff immediately?
Oakland, just for the record, somewhere in one of 5 different threads,(not this one, that i could find), i advocated for HC and OC change if we took another shellacking against NO. If we lost , but played them tough, then I would probably have been less likely to ask BM for his resignation until midseason, if we just muddled along, didn't get better, made same old mistakes, blah, blah.

In a conciliatory post nearby that i started this morning, i complimented BM, and JR for vastly improved team, with play calls coming in so alex had 20 sec at LOS before having to hike ball, and playcalling actually up to date, not "we're gonna run it down your throat" mentality. Granted first two series we started off that way, then quickly changed. OL kept NO from laying a glove, let alone a body blow on alex, all game. Frankly, they played terrific, but were unable to block for what NO knew was coming first two series. OL got an A+ from me , and any improvement alex made, which were many, were decidedly due to superb line play.

Touch passes? alex thru a bunch, and they (except on early interception on overthrow to frank(?), alex looked like a different qB. On long balls he was spot on, and over the shoulder pass to vernon, down deep, even the most vociferous alex detractors had to admire. Then there were the quick look in to vernon on a blitz(checked off to by alex), a really nice pass to crabs for 12-15yd, and the final 2pointer to vernon. As for game mgmt, look at last scoring drive, and you saw alex call a thing of beauty, showing us escapability we haven't seen in 3 yrs. My grade for alex is finally in. I have been neutral all 5 yrs, saying only i would not rate him until he had a good OL in front of him. Well , he did and they and hence he, played great.

It must have been hard for BM and JR to relinquish micromanagement of alex, but they DID, which means they can. They may not necessarily have liked it, but they did give him the reigns, and the kid did fine...really fine. So my first grade ever for alex, with a great OL, not a good OL was A. Can he replicate it? A better question is can BM replicate game calls? Because if he can my bet is alex is a sterling qB, and has been under the leash of some really poorly trained coaches for all 5-6 yrs here.

Then...there was the rest of the story. ST? F-, and i give the coaches a F--.Fielding a punt on the 10 yd line with a gale force wind knocking ball around is...well like russian roulette with a football. Delanie's fumble down deep in redzone...ah, crap, what's to say? Coaching, again. The supercharged snap over alex's head...now there is a novel way to start a game...yet, we still stayed in it, literally handed a thrashing to NO( they knew they were in a battle), but the little things, the incidentals that the coaching staff is responsible for...those were sorely lacking. That takes tons of time, tons of repetitions, and is a hallmark of all great coaches...bellichek, payton, lombardi, walsh.

As to your question, no i would not fire BM nor JR based on first two games. Had NO game looked like game one, absolutely i would have fired them. That didn't happen, coaches coached and players played...well in both cases, and my hat is off to them. Was this the last chance game i would have given BM. Bet your azz, but he came thru. I would say he has to game 8 to right the ship, and if we go sideways or backwards, then i would favor dismissal.
Oakland, just for the record, somewhere in one of 5 different threads,(not this one, that i could find), i advocated for HC and OC change if we took another shellacking against NO. If we lost , but played them tough, then I would probably have been less likely to ask BM for his resignation until midseason, if we just muddled along, didn't get better, made same old mistakes, blah, blah.

In a conciliatory post nearby that i started this morning, i complimented BM, and JR for vastly improved team, with play calls coming in so alex had 20 sec at LOS before having to hike ball, and playcalling actually up to date, not "we're gonna run it down your throat" mentality. Granted first two series we started off that way, then quickly changed. OL kept NO from laying a glove, let alone a body blow on alex, all game. Frankly, they played terrific, but were unable to block for what NO knew was coming first two series. OL got an A+ from me , and any improvement alex made, which were many, were decidedly due to superb line play.

Touch passes? alex thru a bunch, and they (except on early interception on overthrow to frank(?), alex looked like a different qB. On long balls he was spot on, and over the shoulder pass to vernon, down deep, even the most vociferous alex detractors had to admire. Then there were the quick look in to vernon on a blitz(checked off to by alex), a really nice pass to crabs for 12-15yd, and the final 2pointer to vernon. As for game mgmt, look at last scoring drive, and you saw alex call a thing of beauty, showing us escapability we haven't seen in 3 yrs. My grade for alex is finally in. I have been neutral all 5 yrs, saying only i would not rate him until he had a good OL in front of him. Well , he did and they and hence he, played great.

It must have been hard for BM and JR to relinquish micromanagement of alex, but they DID, which means they can. They may not necessarily have liked it, but they did give him the reigns, and the kid did fine...really fine. So my first grade ever for alex, with a great OL, not a good OL was A. Can he replicate it? A better question is can BM replicate game calls? Because if he can my bet is alex is a sterling qB, and has been under the leash of some really poorly trained coaches for all 5-6 yrs here.

Then...there was the rest of the story. ST? F-, and i give the coaches a F--.Fielding a punt on the 10 yd line with a gale force wind knocking ball around is...well like russian roulette with a football. Delanie's fumble down deep in redzone...ah, crap, what's to say? Coaching, again. The supercharged snap over alex's head...now there is a novel way to start a game...yet, we still stayed in it, literally handed a thrashing to NO( they knew they were in a battle), but the little things, the incidentals that the coaching staff is responsible for...those were sorely lacking. That takes tons of time, tons of repetitions, and is a hallmark of all great coaches...bellichek, payton, lombardi, walsh.

As to your question, no i would not fire BM nor JR based on first two games. Had NO game looked like game one, absolutely i would have fired them. That didn't happen, coaches coached and players played...well in both cases, and my hat is off to them. Was this the last chance game i would have given BM. Bet your azz, but he came thru. I would say he has to game 8 to right the ship, and if we go sideways or backwards, then i would favor dismissal.

Holy Hell it would have taken me 4 hours to type that...impressive

[ Edited by m04607 on Sep 21, 2010 at 20:32:53 ]

im probally gonna get yelled at or verbally abused for this buuuut

raye did an excellent job in calling plays agaoinst the saints

or did alex get to choose the play after raye gave him a number (still a little confused on the concept of the wristband)
Why would someone yell at you. Obviously, none of us here was on the field, so no one knows for certainty, who exactly called what. Here is what we do know. Alex was up at the LOS with 20 sec to spare on virtually every play. If you noted, when a play was called that the O play didn't fit, he, like Peyton, Brady, Brees, Rivers...checked off onto another play of his own making. As to did JR call plays and MJ signaled them to alex, who knows? It could just have easily been a game called by MJ with JR up top, reciting plays that might work. But to say any more, is silly because on this score , no one except players and coaches know who called what...for certain.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Yes Sing and Raye need to go.

I'd like to know SD, who would you like to bring in?? Every coach that has come through this place is not good enough for you, so again, who do would you like to bring in??
i like when it snows in the bay area hills and mountain tops

oh yeah, sing/yoda could brush up on their coaching too (i would like that)
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49ermark:
It was so bad Singletary thanked Pete for the ASS KICKIN!!!! Man, I think he knows he is in over his head.

you missed his point entirely. he was saying that for the benefit of his team...not the fans.

he has been around the game long enough...he is not in over his head.
His mistake? He doesn't trust himself enough to be disciplined with his coaches so he lets them wade through their own muddy water thinking they can find their way out.

How can he correct it? shorten the leashes of his O coaches. I want the plays in by xxxx amount of time or I want Alex calling his own plays, the next time we have 12 men on the field or 1O men in the huddle the position coach gets fined AND spend more time in practice on fundamentals (and tip drills, receiving punts and ball security) and less nutcracker and "the hill"
Share 49ersWebzone