Niners will win next week!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by teeohh:
maybe watching the games without any expectations will be better for my health

i use to do that back in '07 '08

but i stupidly fell for all the hype this year
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
34-14 saints next week

Drew Brees is the best QB in the league right now and will tear our secondary a new a*****e next week!
We could win, but it doesn't solve this teams overall problem. That problem is that we still do not have an elite QB to take us anywhere in the playoffs. We may go 7-9, 8-8, or 9-7 every year even without an elite QB. In a crappy NFC west we might even be able to win the division...FOR NOW. What happens when Bradford explodes over the next few seasons (and yes, outside of a bus hitting him, I am sure he will become great)? Where is our answer to the future...Smith? I think even the A Smith groupies realize he just ain't right. He might be decent enough to win a few regular season games, but never elite enough to do crap in the playoffs. No, no, no that elite ship sailed six years ago when we drafted him over Aaron Rodgers. Oh, and no, we would not have screwed Rodgers up. Aaron is and was a better pro prospect with more talent, pocket awareness, arm, etc. than A Smith. Period. QB's either have IT or they don't. Everyone else is just Jeff Garcia.

Moreover, I cannot see the Niners giving Alex Smith anything close to starter money after this season. Not with the way continually overthrows receivers and turns the ball over (which I promise will continue). Accuracy is not something which is fixed after six years in the league.

Anyway, yes we may win next week (although I doubt it), but it does not change the fact that we will remain a mediocre team in this league until we get a great QB.

Also, anyone who does not think it is ok to be critical of their team is a moron. You should always be critical of your team, your government, your employer, etc. That is at the very heart of what freedom is about.

I pay a boat load of money to watch the Niners and I sure as crap deserve better than this embarrassment.

Out.
I'm still trying to figure out what just happened. WTF!!! Seriously, I got nothing. I have no clue what to expect. If they win next week, the sports world will go nuckin futs. If they were just firing on all cylinders they just blew the engine.

We better win!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Man the saints are gonna kick our asses.
There's only one way we win. This guy has to play.

• hb123
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
34-14 saints next week

i doubt we can score tds
we want win if we play like we don't have a gameplan
just maybe we can right this ship and learn from this blowout
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by teeohh:
maybe watching the games without any expectations will be better for my health

So true bro, this game today ruined my entire day.

• fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
the only bright spot of this game has been Nate Clements, he had the INT and the bulls**t Holding/PI was not on him, it was Offensive PI And the refs blew it.

Other than that.

Dashon isnt great as everyone says he is, Lewis has lost a step, Lawson and Haralson cant rush for s**t.

This game proves we need to draft a pass rusher next yr in the draft.

Im disgusted by the play of Alex Smith, he looked great in preseason and now when it counts he blows and stinks it up, im still behind Alex, but his confidence has to be shot. And with New Orleans coming in next week, we are in trouble of going 0-2. And losing this division, that was supposely "Ours to Lose".

I hate Baas at Center, When the hell is Heitmann gonna get back, we need to start Brooks over Haralson.

Its a long week for us guys/gals, and Im one pissed of 49er fan.

nate is terrible. he gets an easy pick and hes a savior. our whole secondary sucks besides goldson
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
the only bright spot of this game has been Nate Clements, he had the INT and the bulls**t Holding/PI was not on him, it was Offensive PI And the refs blew it.

Other than that.

Dashon isnt great as everyone says he is, Lewis has lost a step, Lawson and Haralson cant rush for s**t.

This game proves we need to draft a pass rusher next yr in the draft.

Im disgusted by the play of Alex Smith, he looked great in preseason and now when it counts he blows and stinks it up, im still behind Alex, but his confidence has to be shot. And with New Orleans coming in next week, we are in trouble of going 0-2. And losing this division, that was supposely "Ours to Lose".

I hate Baas at Center, When the hell is Heitmann gonna get back, we need to start Brooks over Haralson.

Its a long week for us guys/gals, and Im one pissed of 49er fan.

nate is terrible. he gets an easy pick and hes a savior. our whole secondary sucks besides goldson

and we are going to loose goldson in the offseason because he already thinks he's the best safety in the league...
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Why would any of you have faith right now?

Let's see...

QB Play - bad/awful
Running game -- awful
O-line -- bad/awful
Receiving Corp -- bad

D-line - mediocre/good
LB corp - mediocre/good
Secondary - bad

ST - good

Playcalling/Coaching - awful

That's bad, I don't care how you slice it!

Special teams good? Did you no t see Ginn get 0 yards on a kickoff because he ran east/west instead of north/south.

Or how about nedney having to make a tackle on the second kickoff? Special teams sucked.

Oh, and T. brown missing a tackle that allowed a 20+ yard punt return?

How about our punt that he had a chance to down on the 1 but instead stood there and watched it bounce onto the goal line? I was 15yards from that play. He had plenty of time to grab it after the first bounce but he looked like he thought it would bounce the other way.

I will say that A Smith played very well in the first quarter, and definitely sucked after that.

The 4th down drop by Norris wasn't his fault. The ball was thrown OK. Norris stumbled as he turned, then looked ridiculous as he flopped to the ground while the ball went through his arms. I was 15 yards from that one too.

The first pick was all on Crabtree. He was looking to turn it upfield before he caught the ball. The second appeared to be on Smith, but it sounds like Crab MAY have run the wrong route. Doesn't matter, because there were a couple others that SHOULD have been picked off.

V Davis had a decent game, but he did quit on that TE post because he saw the other safety coming to blow him up. Looked like he was afraid to get hit. If he doesn't slow down, and jumps for the ball it may be a completion instead of a near pick. Of course Davis may have gotten hurt as well. The throw was not only a tad too far, but probably was the wrong read as well.

If they keep playing like they did today, it is going to be a looooooong year.

Oh yeah. Our secondary is a joke!
Originally posted by jpherring:
0.0%. We won't win a game all year. We suck.

gtfo
I had been hoping for 1-1 but it looks like I had better prepare for 0-2.
Share 49ersWebzone