LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 255 users in the forums

KR/PR

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I can't believe Ginn was tabbed to return punts. I would have thought Adams would have won that job with the return for six against Oakland.

Shows what I know about football.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I can't believe Ginn was tabbed to return punts. I would have thought Adams would have won that job with the return for six against Oakland.

Coach Schottenheimer and I talked about it, his comfort level with Ginn," Singletary said. "He felt good about Adams, and could possibly still work out that way, but he felt the experience factor with Ginn made sense."

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/09/ginn-edges-out.html#ixzz0zAQw3TMO
Ginn was selected as the PR?

I've got a bad feeling about this

Ginn is a KR. As a PR this is a big mistake. High balls in the air he loses track of and drops. We will lose a game or 2 on this for sure. That 11 - 5 is now down to 9 - 7 or maybe 8 - 8. Williams for sure has better hands for PR duties.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Ginn is a KR. As a PR this is a big mistake. High balls in the air he loses track of and drops. We will lose a game or 2 on this for sure. That 11 - 5 is now down to 9 - 7 or maybe 8 - 8. Williams for sure has better hands for PR duties.

Williams is hurt and will be inactive, Once he comes back i dont think we will see Ginn as a PR
Originally posted by valrod33:

Williams is hurt and will be inactive, Once he comes back i dont think we will see Ginn as a PR

In the mean time he may lose 1 or 2 games for us... I see this like last year. Dropping the ball at the 5 yard line and giving other teams first and goal from the 5. And then lose the game by 3 points.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by billbird2111:

Coach Schottenheimer and I talked about it, his comfort level with Ginn," Singletary said. "He felt good about Adams, and could possibly still work out that way, but he felt the experience factor with Ginn made sense."

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/09/ginn-edges-out.html#ixzz0zAQw3TMO

I hated that Al Everest got scapegoated just because Sing made brutal roster decisions last year and left us with no legit punt returners. Didn't like the Schotty hire and like it even less now if he can't figure out that Ginn has shaky hands under pressure.
Quote:
In Ginn's three seasons with the Dolphins, he returned 36 punts and had 16 fair catches. But he had an alarming number of mishandles with five muffs and one fumble.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/09/10/10/img-srchttpcsnbayareacomcommonglobal_ima/landing_maiocco_v3.html?blockID=308349&feedID=5936

most explosive player we have had returning punts in a while

f**kin horrible move

[ Edited by RonMexico on Sep 10, 2010 at 19:28:17 ]
I can't wait till Williams gets healthy....

Originally posted by RonMexico:
most explosive player we have had returning punts in a while

f**kin horrible move

Just a darn shame, really. Set us back decades!
For this week in Seattle, I think going with Ginn who is a veteran and should be able to handle the pressure is a good move. Adams was great in Preseason, but having a rookie take kicks in his first NFL game could prove costly. Ginn has been here before so he SHOULD act like the veteran he is and take care of business.
Ginn at both

LOL, don't jump off a bridge just yet. Lets see how it plays out. I wouldn't be surprised if Adams still returns punts in THIS game. Lots of teams use different PRs in the same game.
Originally posted by Leathaface:

LOL, don't jump off a bridge just yet. Lets see how it plays out. I wouldn't be surprised if Adams still returns punts in THIS game. Lots of teams use different PRs in the same game.

LOL yea I think there is just a tad bit of OVERREACTION going on here, I understand and like this move for Week 1.
Share 49ersWebzone