LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 245 users in the forums

VD & Crabtree Exchange Harsh Words and Have to Leave the Field

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think it has something to do with preseason rookie duties and Crabs wanted nothing to do with that!!!
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by jreff22:
MBachCSN

Singletary called the dust up a "good thing". Got issue out, addressed it & it's over

According to Singletary everything is a "good thing".

no s**t, we could start 0-8 and he'd call it a blessing in disguise

LOL!!! So true...
Originally posted by 49erRider:
mattbarrows

Singletary: "the elephant in the room has been exposed" vis a vis V Davis and Crabtree ..

MBachCSN

Singletary says VDavis-Crabtree misunderstanding not about football

LOL then I guess Crabtree must have cracked a joke about VD's girlfriend and Vernon couldn't handle it.

Probably stuck up for the gal in a more-than-strong way.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Two competitor fired up about getting on the field and the season. Nothing wrong here.

If that were the case, fine. That's not the case, however.

It wasn't football-related.
Did anyone else just know in their heart that there would be a "Is Singletary Loosing the Team" thread about this?

I'm lightweight disappointed.

(Misspelling intentional to mimic actual noob tendencies).
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by servegmo:
I think it has something to do with preseason rookie duties and Crabs wanted nothing to do with that!!!

Thats probably true because I saw the Crabtree interview with Jay Glazer and Crabtee said " I aint carrying nobody's pads"

Crabtree sounds like a punk who needs to put in his place. I hate this new breed of young players who think they are bigger then the game and its traditions.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
mattbarrows

Singletary: "the elephant in the room has been exposed" vis a vis V Davis and Crabtree ..

MBachCSN

Singletary says VDavis-Crabtree misunderstanding not about football

LOL then I guess Crabtree must have cracked a joke about VD's girlfriend and Vernon couldn't handle it.

Probably stuck up for the gal in a more-than-strong way.

The thing is, I just read about how the receivers joke around and laugh all the time (forget which article), but I know sometimes people get too comfortable with each other and mistakenly think another guy might not get angry about a certain type of joke. It's happened with my friends & I in the past. Maybe Crabtree thought VD would just laugh and VD wasn't so pleased.
Team Davis!
Originally posted by teeohh:
Team Davis!

I have a feeling Crabtree will be more productive than VD in a couple years.

Team Crabtree!

LMAO

Thats probably true because I saw the Crabtree interview with Jay Glazer and Crabtee said " I aint carrying nobody's pads"

Crabtree sounds like a punk who needs to put in his place. I hate this new breed of young players who think they are bigger then the game and its traditions.

I don't remember this.

Crabtree isn't a rookie anymore... I think you're thinking of Dez Bryant.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SF69ers:

I don't remember this.

Watch the Jay Glazer training camp interview.

here you go

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/5110425/training_camp_party_michael_crabtree/

I don't remember this.

here you go

Susweel, doing his Susweel thing, trying to stir up s**t.

Bill Walsh 49ers were said to not have rookie hazing. Walsh even mentioned, I'm paraphrasing, that once a player is in the NFL, he is a professional player who could beat another professional veteran out. There's no reason for hazing professionals. It's a job.

I don't mind it all but I think it's more on the head coach than it is on the players. Singletary should just take the Walsh route and let his veterans know that hazing isn't necessary as they could lose their job to a guy they haze. Be professional. It's about winning the damn superbowl and if they want to have some sort of camaraderie, then hang out with one another outside of work.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by NickSh49:

I don't remember this.

here you go

Susweel, doing his Susweel thing, trying to stir up s**t.

Its all just speculation at this point since none of us really know what happened.
Share 49ersWebzone