There are 264 users in the forums

VD & Crabtree Exchange Harsh Words and Have to Leave the Field

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Blitz:
I agree with Roger Craigs take on it....the guys are ready to go.

When I was much younger I used to commercial fish for a living. We would spend a good month before the crab season opened getting everything ready to go, the gear, the boat etc. You didn't get paid for it. Every boat and crew was doing this. At night, the crews would gather in the bars and drink it up. During that time, individual crews would become tight and a tension would build between. Then, without failure, by the week of the season opener, after everything was ready to go..the tension of the anticipation would be so thick in the air that a fight would break out in the bar..it would usually start between two guys from different crews talking s**t about the others crew, Capt. or boat etc. That would lead directly into the two crews going at each other, then it would be all the crews going at each other, a full blown bar brawl with each crew their own army...just like you see in the movies....bust the whole f**king bar up, glasses, tables, chairs, open the taps wide, the whole works. s**t flying everywhere.

It is a good sign to see that tension, it means they are ready to go. If they could, I bet they would love to be taking that tension out on Seattle right now in a full blown brawl, but they can't, so you are seeing it slip out a little in little ways.

I saw this same thing in boot camp as well...by the week of graduation, we were on a tight wire, we were ready to go, nothing could stop us now..... we ended up getting into a platton Vs platoon Vs platoon brawl in the middle of the night, we busted the barracks up.

Fishing. Serious business.

When I was much younger I used to commercial fish for a living. We would spend a good month before the crab season opened getting everything ready to go, the gear, the boat etc. You didn't get paid for it. Every boat and crew was doing this. At night, the crews would gather in the bars and drink it up. During that time, individual crews would become tight and a tension would build between. Then, without failure, by the week of the season opener, after everything was ready to go..the tension of the anticipation would be so thick in the air that a fight would break out in the bar..it would usually start between two guys from different crews talking s**t about the others crew, Capt. or boat etc. That would lead directly into the two crews going at each other, then it would be all the crews going at each other, a full blown bar brawl with each crew their own army...just like you see in the movies....bust the whole f**king bar up, glasses, tables, chairs, open the taps wide, the whole works. s**t flying everywhere.

It is a good sign to see that tension, it means they are ready to go. If they could, I bet they would love to be taking that tension out on Seattle right now in a full blown brawl, but they can't, so you are seeing it slip out a little in little ways.

I saw this same thing in boot camp as well...by the week of graduation, we were on a tight wire, we were ready to go, nothing could stop us now..... we ended up getting into a platton Vs platoon Vs platoon brawl in the middle of the night, we busted the barracks up.

I think the team needed a scrimmage against the Raiders this year. They really missed it as last year, they appeared to really take it out on the Raiders.
Crabtree is young and will mature. Vernon Davis had an attitude problem before and he grew out of it. Crabtree worked really hard last season when he finally signed the contract and worked hard right before the neck strain. He'll get back into it. Kid's got a good work ethic.
Originally posted by BSacamano:

Fishing. Serious business.

-9fA
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:

I think the team needed a scrimmage against the Raiders this year. They really missed it as last year, they appeared to really take it out on the Raiders.

They are going to take it out on the Hawks. It could be ugly for the Hawks.
So Vernon Davis gets irked at Crabtree for not playing in Indy and refuses to reference him in a sideline interview, then his iritation with Crabtree grows the fallowing week due to Crabtree's continued absence, then it reaches a boiling point when after missing his third consecutive game, Davis sees Crabtree horsing around during practice......HELL YEAH!!!!

That's EXACTLY what you should expect team leaders to do.

This is the same player that Singletary kicked off the field?

Well it looks like Singletary's influence on Davis has made him a true leader.
man I hope we resign Vernon sooner than later, he is a team player and he needs that contract so that players know he represents what the organization wants in a player...

he and Patrick will be the vocal leaders for this team, everyone else has to follow their footsteps...
I don't agree with Sing's "not a football related issue" statement. It clearly is.

Crabtree was practicing, sure, but Davis apparently just got agitated because he thought Crabtree wasn't taking it seriously. I imagine Crabtree's demeanor was really just him having fun, but I suppose a little too much. Davis blew up at him in a way he probably shouldn't have.

Result: shouting match.

It seems that this was the case, and in that case, Singletary is right about one thing: "They both were wrong."
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I don't agree with Sing's "not a football related issue" statement. It clearly is.

Crabtree was practicing, sure, but Davis apparently just got agitated because he thought Crabtree wasn't taking it seriously. I imagine Crabtree's demeanor was really just him having fun, but I suppose a little too much. Davis blew up at him in a way he probably shouldn't have.

Result: shouting match.

It seems that this was the case, and in that case, Singletary is right about one thing: "They both were wrong."

If I had to choose between a player giving a half assed effort or another player shouting at him, jumping him...I'm going to side with the guy that shouts.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerMD:
So Vernon Davis gets irked at Crabtree for not playing in Indy and refuses to reference him in a sideline interview, then his iritation with Crabtree grows the fallowing week due to Crabtree's continued absence, then it reaches a boiling point when after missing his third consecutive game, Davis sees Crabtree horsing around during practice......HELL YEAH!!!!

That's EXACTLY what you should expect team leaders to do.

This is the same player that Singletary kicked off the field?

Well it looks like Singletary's influence on Davis has made him a true leader.

Yes. Also, Vernon has endured plenty of losing and adversity while with the Niner's. He's been around the block enough now to know what it takes, he has experience...enough experience to know where the team was and where it is now. He can look back and reflect. Crabtree does not have experience, he has little hindisght to learn from. He has virtually nothing to reflect back on. He's still inexperienced. He hasn't lived through the losing and the troubles. He has virtually nothing to gauge the present against the past with. He just doesn't know how hard it is to win in this league, how every little thing makes a difference, how high the level of competition is and Vernon does. Crabtree won't be able to get by on just his athletic advantage like in college, most of that has been nullified at this level. he's going to have to do more than just show up and work hard if he wants to be one of the best in this league. Vernon knows it, maybe Crabs does not, yet.

Crabtree better play or he's going to be a little b***h in my eyes.
Originally posted by teeohh:

He's getting BLOWN up on Jim Rome right now.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

Jeezus he can't stop getting bad press even in his 2nd year
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

Jeezus he can't stop getting bad press even in his 2nd year

Get used to it. Once the media gets the idea that a player is somehow a troublemaker, they'll overblow any bad news about them.

And Jim Rome is a p***y.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

He's already in my doghouse.
Share 49ersWebzone