There are 738 users in the forums
Are we actually good now? Really??
Aug 30, 2010 at 8:54 PM
- SanDiego49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 52,335
I don't think we are as good as advertised and hyped by the media. That secondary alone could kill our whole season and prevent us from making the playoffs.
Aug 30, 2010 at 8:55 PM
- Daniel2778
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,714
the only way we will be 6 10 this year is if smith stinks it up and our secondary looks like the way they looke during the raider game.
Aug 30, 2010 at 8:56 PM
- Afrikan
- Veteran
- Posts: 23,670
right now, I think Alex....and/or should I say Singletary/Raye's lack of trust with QBs will hold us back from being a real good team early on....
i see us looking the same as last year early in this season....with the same complaints.
right now I think Seattle might be the better team, by having a better QB and coaches
we have MUCH more talent than the Seahawks....and we might beat them with Talent alone...but I think our coaching is our weakness.
i see us looking the same as last year early in this season....with the same complaints.
right now I think Seattle might be the better team, by having a better QB and coaches
we have MUCH more talent than the Seahawks....and we might beat them with Talent alone...but I think our coaching is our weakness.
Aug 30, 2010 at 8:56 PM
- SanDiego49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 52,335
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
the only way we will be 6 10 this year is if smith stinks it up and our secondary looks like the way they looke during the raider game.
If you are toast vs. the Raiders who have crappy WR's and questionable QB's than it's going to get ugly vs. guys like Brees or Favre or Manning.
Aug 30, 2010 at 8:57 PM
- SanDiego49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 52,335
Originally posted by Afrikan:
right now, I think Alex....and/or should I say Singletary/Raye's lack of trust with QBs will hold us back from being a real good team early on....
i see us looking the same as last year early in this season....with the same complaints.
right now I think Seattle might be the better team, by having a better QB and coaches
we have MUCH more talent than the Seahawks....and we might beat them with Talent alone...but I think our coaching is our weakness.
The coach makes very questionable decisions but he is a good motivator.
Aug 30, 2010 at 8:59 PM
- chico49erfan
- Veteran
- Posts: 13,961
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I don't think we are as good as advertised and hyped by the media. That secondary alone could kill our whole season and prevent us from making the playoffs.
Agreed. We play teams out of the division that could really expose our secondary (Saints, Philly, Falcons, even the Chargers).
Aug 30, 2010 at 9:02 PM
- SF4EVA
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,098
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:Originally posted by Afrikan:
right now, I think Alex....and/or should I say Singletary/Raye's lack of trust with QBs will hold us back from being a real good team early on....
i see us looking the same as last year early in this season....with the same complaints.
right now I think Seattle might be the better team, by having a better QB and coaches
we have MUCH more talent than the Seahawks....and we might beat them with Talent alone...but I think our coaching is our weakness.
The coach makes very questionable decisions but he is a good motivator.
Every Coach make questionable moves every yr. so quit being a damn nitpick. Everything we have seen so far has shown improvement. Now we just gotta wait till the next week to see it happen for real.
Aug 30, 2010 at 9:03 PM
- SanDiego49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 52,335
Originally posted by SF4EVA:Originally posted by SanDiego49er:Originally posted by Afrikan:
right now, I think Alex....and/or should I say Singletary/Raye's lack of trust with QBs will hold us back from being a real good team early on....
i see us looking the same as last year early in this season....with the same complaints.
right now I think Seattle might be the better team, by having a better QB and coaches
we have MUCH more talent than the Seahawks....and we might beat them with Talent alone...but I think our coaching is our weakness.
The coach makes very questionable decisions but he is a good motivator.
Every Coach make questionable moves every yr. so quit being a damn nitpick. Everything we have seen so far has shown improvement. Now we just gotta wait till the next week to see it happen for real.
That secondary doesn't look like improvement to me...
Aug 30, 2010 at 9:05 PM
- BubbaParisMVP
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,213
It's the NFL, anything can happen (aside from Buffalo winning the Super Bowl).
Aug 30, 2010 at 9:08 PM
- Afrikan
- Veteran
- Posts: 23,670
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:Originally posted by Afrikan:
right now, I think Alex....and/or should I say Singletary/Raye's lack of trust with QBs will hold us back from being a real good team early on....
i see us looking the same as last year early in this season....with the same complaints.
right now I think Seattle might be the better team, by having a better QB and coaches
we have MUCH more talent than the Seahawks....and we might beat them with Talent alone...but I think our coaching is our weakness.
The coach makes very questionable decisions but he is a good motivator.
yeah but motivation only goes so far...after awhile Singletary starting sounding like a broken record...and it was getting sad watching Monday press conferences.....some of the reporters were finally drilling him....and he kept on saying the same thing.
in the second half of last year, our only good all around game was against the Jags.....every other game we did not look like a team that was ready to take the division.....
starting roster wise we are about the same as last year, but we lost Bly.
the only thing we can bank on is marked improvement from Alex....but I don't know how that will be shown if we play conservative.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Aug 30, 2010 at 9:09 PM ]
Aug 30, 2010 at 9:09 PM
- Ninefan56
- Member
- Posts: 5,106
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:Originally posted by Daniel2778:
the only way we will be 6 10 this year is if smith stinks it up and our secondary looks like the way they looke during the raider game.
If you are toast vs. the Raiders who have crappy WR's and questionable QB's than it's going to get ugly vs. guys like Brees or Favre or Manning.
We almost beat Minnesota and Indianapolis last year. This year, more LB experience, no Roman, improved play by Goldson, hopefully some development in our CBs we will still beat most everyone we play.
Games 1 and 2 will give us a good clue where we are at on the football scale. We should beat Seattle handily, New Orleans will test our CBs.
Aug 30, 2010 at 9:10 PM
- SanDiego49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 52,335
Originally posted by Afrikan:Originally posted by SanDiego49er:Originally posted by Afrikan:
right now, I think Alex....and/or should I say Singletary/Raye's lack of trust with QBs will hold us back from being a real good team early on....
i see us looking the same as last year early in this season....with the same complaints.
right now I think Seattle might be the better team, by having a better QB and coaches
we have MUCH more talent than the Seahawks....and we might beat them with Talent alone...but I think our coaching is our weakness.
The coach makes very questionable decisions but he is a good motivator.
yeah but motivation only goes so far...after awhile Singletary starting sounding like a broken record...and it was getting sad watching Monday press conferences.....some of the reporters were finally trilling him....and he kept on saying the same thing.
in the second half of last year, our only good all around game was against the Jags.....every other game we did not look like a team that was ready to take the division.....
starting roster wise we are about the same as last year, but we lost Bly.
the only thing we can bank on is marked improvement from Alex....but I don't know how that will be shown if we play conservative.
We will definitely play conservative. It's the Singletary way. And I'm not convinced he's a good coach. I'd rather have a good coach than a motivator but he did miracles with Vernon Davis. So sometimes he can reach guys in ways I think others can't.
Aug 30, 2010 at 9:11 PM
- JoseCortez
- Veteran
- Posts: 13,751
1. We have a coach thats a motivator and not an Xs and Os guy.
2. We have ginn morgan and zeigler as our secondary options at receiver.
3. We have a qb who works well out of the spread and a rb that works well out of the i formation.
4. Our secondary sucks.
5. We have two rookie olinemen.
6. We have a offensive coordinator who falls asleep during games.
9-7 sounds about right. Im scared s**tless about that first game. Tough home field advantage, first game with a new coach, niners have the saints on monday night the following week. Trap game.
2. We have ginn morgan and zeigler as our secondary options at receiver.
3. We have a qb who works well out of the spread and a rb that works well out of the i formation.
4. Our secondary sucks.
5. We have two rookie olinemen.
6. We have a offensive coordinator who falls asleep during games.
9-7 sounds about right. Im scared s**tless about that first game. Tough home field advantage, first game with a new coach, niners have the saints on monday night the following week. Trap game.
Aug 30, 2010 at 9:14 PM
- SanDiego49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 52,335
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
1. We have a coach thats a motivator and not an Xs and Os guy.
2. We have ginn morgan and zeigler as our secondary options at receiver.
3. We have a qb who works well out of the spread and a rb that works well out of the i formation.
4. Our secondary sucks.
5. We have two rookie olinemen.
6. We have a offensive coordinator who falls asleep during games.
9-7 sounds about right. Im scared s**tless about that first game. Tough home field advantage, first game with a new coach, niners have the saints on monday night the following week. Trap game.
You make a lot of good points. The secondary and rookie O Linemen plus very underwhelming secondary WR's make this season no guarantee. I think there is a real chance we don't win the division or make the playoffs. Although I still hope for the best. But this secondary has me deeply concerned.