LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

so......no ZRF80 negative posts this week , eh?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Alex played good 2 weeks in a row. So he doesn't post when that happens...
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I thought Alex was really good last night. Knew when to roll out, felt the pressure well, made good throws. TD pass to Morgan was pretty sweet too. Most important was the no turnovers.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
I thought Alex was really good last night. Knew when to roll out, felt the pressure well, made good throws. TD pass to Morgan was pretty sweet too. Most important was the no turnovers.

He was very good. I'm not sure what these guys are seeing that are seeing something bad. If he plays this good we can win 10 or 11 games this year. But maybe not with that secondary...
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Aug 29, 2010 at 12:10 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
same with fly

however sunswel did give him a C in teh grade alex thread

fly will be bant before the season even starts at the rate he's going
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

He was very good. I'm no sure what these guys are seeing that are seeing something bad. If he plays this good we can win 10 or 11 games this year. But maybe not with that secondary...

I think it'll be fine when Manusky unleashes his real defense, plus getting Aubrayo back will be big in getting pressure on the QB. Clements, Spencer, Lewis, Goldson and Brown are 5 pretty good players in the secondary.
Amazing! TWO in a row! Maybe he's finally got it. Well, after all, his college coach did say that it takes him a while to learn things and I would say that 5 years is a WHILE.

Now David Carr looks like the old Alex Smith. LOL!

All that needs to happen is for Alex Smith to keep this up in the REGULAR season and the 49er's WILL win their division. If he reverts back to the old Alex, then it becomes a coin toss.

Congrats Mr. Smith!
Metrosexual Watch!
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
Amazing! TWO in a row! Maybe he's finally got it. Well, after all, his college coach did say that it takes him a while to learn things and I would say that 5 years is a WHILE.

All that needs to happen is for Alex Smith to keep this up in the REGULAR season and the 49er's WILL win their division. If he reverts back to the old Alex, then it becomes a coin toss.

Congrats Mr. Smith!

He's only had 2 years in the same system.

Congrats Mr. Smith!

you guys are funny though....most like to say Alex has had a different OC or system, every year since he got here....

but after McCarthy....when Norv left, the MAIN reason most fans and Nolan wanted to keep Holster as OC was because it would be the same Norv Turner system.......but some like to forget that and just blame Holster for Alex's play
Originally posted by Afrikan:

Congrats Mr. Smith!

you guys are funny though....most like to say Alex has had a different OC or system, every year since he got here....

but after McCarthy....when Norv left, the MAIN reason most fans and Nolan wanted to keep Holster as OC was because it would be the same Norv Turner system.......but some like to forget that and just blame Holster for Alex's play

He played three healthy games under Hostler and the Niners won two of them.

Congrats Mr. Smith!

Let's not forget the year Hosler took over as the OC, Alex got his shoulder smashed to bits.
Originally posted by SVcabron1980:

Congrats Mr. Smith!

Let's not forget the year Hosler took over as the OC, Alex got his shoulder smashed to bits.

sorry guys forgot about that.....

but why do some use Holster as one of the excuses of Alex's lack of development?

they kept him around because of/ for Alex.

Congrats Mr. Smith!

but why do some use Holster as one of the excuses of Alex's lack of development?

Big part of that lack of development was the Rocky Bernard tackle. That unarguably set Smith back two years. That is why I was so encouraged that he could play the way he did last year after a two year layoff and why I am even more encouraged now.

Congrats Mr. Smith!

I'm guessing because its part of a larger trend relating to instability at OC during Smith's tenure with the 9ers.
Originally posted by BHulman:

Congrats Mr. Smith!

Big part of that lack of development was the Rocky Bernard tackle. That unarguably set Smith back two years. That is why I was so encouraged that he could play the way he did last year after a two year layoff and why I am even more encouraged now.

physically I agree with you.....mentally and proper technique wise, I'm not sure I'm there yet....I'm waiting for the regular season before really judging.

I'll have an idea the first couple of games.....doesn't mean I expect us to win, I''m just going to go off from what I see from Alex.
Share 49ersWebzone