There are 186 users in the forums

Dixon back to 3rd string

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Rookie running back Anthony Dixon, as impressive as he was Sunday, is back where he was when camp began.

CSNBA

Hopefully Dixon can get some playing time in situational plays. He is a different type of runner than Westbrook, but I hope Raye can use Gore and Westbrook on the field at the same time.

No, that is incorrect. If Gore gets hurt, Dixon will probably start, with Westbrook in on 3rd downs.
do you guys think that Robinson will still make the team?
Dixon is fun to watch. but remember how well Coffee did last year in preseason and Sheets, and Clayton. The fact is, you can't get too excited over games that don't even count. I see alot of good in Dixon but he'll need some time before becoming an asset to our offense.
Originally posted by baybreaker707:
Originally posted by confusedrhino:
Dixon deserves at least 1/4 of the carries this year. The guy obviously has TONS of talent, something that Coffee or Robinson never/don't have. The triple juke and the stiff arm were sickkkk.

Please 49ers, don't screw this up and put him on the PS or something stupid just because you have to cater to the veterans and don't want to give a rookie anything early.

Westbrook is gonna be our punt returner and maybe 3rd down back in passing situations. Dixon will be the back up.

Westbrook is not going to be a punt returner, you heard it here first.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
do you guys think that Robinson will still make the team?

he better not! he sucks. i'm over it
good, let him learn and develop and be ready and fresh for the late season playoff push.
I have a feeling he'll get a good amount of carries. Fresh legs all season for all 3 RB's!!
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I have a feeling he'll get a good amount of carries. Fresh legs all season for all 3 RB's!!

Yep, the giants used three RB's effectively a couple of seasons ago.
Originally posted by fister30:

Cowboys do it too.
  • Otter
  • Veteran

Cowboys do it too.

But what does his performance and Westbrook's arrival mean for B. Miller, M. Norris, M. Robinson, and Caulcrick.

Originally posted by Otter:

Cowboys do it too.

But what does his performance and Westbrook's arrival mean for B. Miller, M. Norris, M. Robinson, and Caulcrick.

2 of them will be gone. I'd guess Miller and Caulcrick

Cowboys do it too.

And now us. These cats will bode very well for us in the latter part of the season when we need fresh legs in those fourth quarters and into the playoffs. Like I said before, depth wins championships. These three can get us there.
Originally posted by ninertico:

Cowboys do it too.

And now us. These cats will bode very well for us in the latter part of the season when we need fresh legs in those fourth quarters and into the playoffs. Like I said before, depth wins championships. These three can get us there.

Look at the Pats. Someone goes down, they have someone to immediately step in and do just as good a job.
Originally posted by ninertico:

Cowboys do it too.

Look at the Pats. Someone goes down, they have someone to immediately step in and do just as good a job.

Exactly! That's why depth is soooooo important and it seems we are finally getting back to that. Our RBs, OL, and S seem to have solid quality depth now. Heck, I was even surprised about Briggs and Davis who both looked like solid pass rushing back ups behind Parys, Manny, and Brooks. RJF stepped up. Tuka-what's-his-name came in and in one play, surpassed our 1st rd bust Balmer.

Yup, Dixon is but another quality backup who can step in and we won't lose that much play especially if he just runs instead of pass blocking.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Papers should hire me, I'll work for free. I'm tired of reading poorly thought out perspectives. Is Dixon really back where he was at the beginning of camp? There is a correct answer to this question, and it is no. Yesterday Dixon showed that he had talent and could play with Mike Singletary's primary expectation, toughness. He finished off runs by tossing his body into defenders and clotheslined a DB as he trampled into the endzone. Before camp, there was no guarantee he would make the team. Today, there is. And no one thought this was going to be Dixon's season. We have one of the best RBs in the league and we just added another elite talent, albeit, he is out of his prime.

Further, this is the NFL. Just yesterday the Bills lost Marshawn Lynch and Fred Jackson in a matter of moments. Dixon will see the field this year, and hopefully he can continue to emerge and be a star for us when Gore's time has passed.

Kilgore (Kurt V), I though you were permanently planted and retired.
Share 49ersWebzone