LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

Does the team get any compensation for the loss of Coffee and/or Balmer?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ads_2006:
some beans?

Coffee beans? No thanks.

Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
No compensation for drafting quitters. Just further evidence of incompetence of the organization.

You can't know what's in a man's head unless he tells you outright that he's not sure he wants to play the game. Especially since he entered the draft.

I mean was this team crap when we drafted Reggie McGrew? No?

Then why does it have to be crap now? Probably cause we have a bunch of whiners saying managment sucks.

C'mon now where's your GD pride? You're better than this sthi Sus.

~Ceadder

Reggie McGrew was not a quitter, he just sucked.

For them to be drafting 2 players in the first 3 rounds who no longer want to play football by their 2nd and 3rd seasons. Is a direct reflection that the GM and the scouting department did not due their homework on these two young men.

I love my team, but I will always call a spade a spade. If I didn't do that I wouldn't be honest to myself.

I am a big fan and have been for a long time, but I demand greatness.

I guess you don't remember that he did quit. That's okay it happened a long time ago but the fact is he quit.

~Ceadder
you know the old adage "there are no stupid questions."
Well, I think it's just been proved wrong. But don't worry, this isn't the first time!
We wont get any comp picks in next years draft either???
Originally posted by 804Niner:

No, IIRC, those are only for departing FA's of value. Coffee was neither.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
Originally posted by BasharCali49:
No compensation for drafting quitters. Just further evidence of incompetence of the organization.

Well hopefully that only took place due to Scott Mcloughan running the show. I have faith in Trent Baalke.

McCloughan is the reason we drafted Willis. You gotta take the good with the bad.

ummm not when its MOSTLY bad

dodnt forget Vern

Willis, Gore, and Crabtree. The 3 best players on our squad he brought here. I'm not here to defend the guy, but give credit where credit is due.
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
Originally posted by BasharCali49:

Well hopefully that only took place due to Scott Mcloughan running the show. I have faith in Trent Baalke.

McCloughan is the reason we drafted Willis. You gotta take the good with the bad.

ummm not when its MOSTLY bad

Willis, Gore, and Crabtree. The 3 best players on our squad he brought here. I'm not here to defend the guy, but give credit where credit is due.

dont forget Vern

s**t, I guess I did forget Vernon.
Originally posted by 804Niner:

No, IIRC, those are only for departing FA's of value. Coffee was neither.

Wow....This sucks more than I originally thought...

You can't know what's in a man's head unless he tells you outright that he's not sure he wants to play the game. Especially since he entered the draft.

Then why does it have to be crap now? Probably cause we have a bunch of whiners saying managment sucks.

~Ceadder

For them to be drafting 2 players in the first 3 rounds who no longer want to play football by their 2nd and 3rd seasons. Is a direct reflection that the GM and the scouting department did not due their homework on these two young men.

I love my team, but I will always call a spade a spade. If I didn't do that I wouldn't be honest to myself.

So by homework you mean look into a crystal ball and see that they were going to quit in a few seasons? I want one of those to find the powerball #s every week
Originally posted by redmanc07:

~Ceadder

So by homework you mean look into a crystal ball and see that they were going to quit in a few seasons? I want one of those to find the powerball #s every week

Quit being dense. It's about drafting players who are passionate about the game of football... and yes, If you're scouting players at the highest level, you should be able to tell. One thing for sure, Sing needs to butt out of the scouting process. You can't tell me that Coffee "finding Jesus" had nothing to do with us drafting him, and if we passed on someone more talented/passionate about football to get a "holy warrior," then we deserved to have this happen.

We just had 2 first day picks quit and walk away from the game. This doesn't happen to any other teams. What the hell is going on?

~Ceadder

Now I know why other team's fans say some of us are stuck in the past. I demand greatness too but the drunk and the scouting dept aren't mind readers. No team is perfect and everybody hits and misses with draft picks. Like EL Buki said, you gotta take the good with the bad.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We just had 2 first day picks quit and walk away from the game. This doesn't happen to any other teams. What the hell is going on?

I guarantee you Balmer is coming back! I know everybody hates on this foo but lets wait till after this season to pass judgement.

I hope your kidding. This is just a stupid comment.

No one can know a man's heart, unless he tells you. Even then, not everything thing is black and white. Have you ever heard of the phrase, "mixed emotion." It's used to describe a feeling of confusion. How can you blame the "orginazation" for not knowing what Coffe was thinking when players and coaches that played with him for a whole season had know clue this was how he felt? Give me a break. Personaly, I never liked the Balmer pick. If I was a GM I would never draft a one year wonder. Scotty on the other hand felt the kid had enough upside. If Balmer didn't go AWOL it still may have worked out. We still dont know what his "personal issues" are. They may be new, in which case how can you blame the "orginazation?"
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
No. We're just screwed.

not really coffee never did much anyway
Share 49ersWebzone