LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 157 users in the forums

Reports of Alex looking average in practice.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
I dont get it...why do so called niner fans want him to fail?

Who wants him to fail? Quote it. There are a lot of fans on here that can't stand mediocrity and low expectations. That's all.

Nobody wants him to fail but most of us intelligent football fans see that the dude is garbage.

I would love it he turned into an all pro and lead us to the superbowl but thats like waiting for the cows to come home.

then why cant these intelligent football fans see that there is really nothing they can't do about it this season?

Next season is a different story, we can really raise hell for a QB (I really don't see any QB's out there thats worthy though)

To me it seems like people just want him to fail so they can say i told you so

Just wait and see Nate Davis this coming sunday

Seen him last preseason against 4-5th stringers, he will probably do it again..but

Whats wrong with just rooting for all of your team and not nit pick a player?

it's not like any fans have controll of the situation

It might be against 4th--5th stringer, but give him some credit... And whats wrong with rooting for Nate???
I wonder what can our starting qb do against 4th--5th stringers....?

Well considering he threw 18 TDs in 10 games against 1st stringers in the regular season I'm sure he can do well against 4th stringers in pre season.

Just a hunch.

and considering thats he's been developing since 05, thats awesome!!!

ur the most ignorant and stupid person ive ever meet how the hell do u throw the ball or expect him to develop or play if he has a 3rd degree injury on his throwing arm?

LMFAO

Oh, the irony-ing.

lol I couldn't find that one i was looking for it earlier :(

That's because I made it and it's in my tinypic.

It's right next to this pic of a WZ tailgate:

Why isn't Smith perfect in practice? This is unacceptable. Practice is not a place for making errors. There are fans watching for crying out loud. Be a winner Alex and start practicing like JTO would.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
I dont get it...why do so called niner fans want him to fail?

Who wants him to fail? Quote it. There are a lot of fans on here that can't stand mediocrity and low expectations. That's all.

Nobody wants him to fail but most of us intelligent football fans see that the dude is garbage.

I would love it he turned into an all pro and lead us to the superbowl but thats like waiting for the cows to come home.

then why cant these intelligent football fans see that there is really nothing they can't do about it this season?

Next season is a different story, we can really raise hell for a QB (I really don't see any QB's out there thats worthy though)

To me it seems like people just want him to fail so they can say i told you so

Just wait and see Nate Davis this coming sunday

Seen him last preseason against 4-5th stringers, he will probably do it again..but

Whats wrong with just rooting for all of your team and not nit pick a player?

it's not like any fans have controll of the situation

It might be against 4th--5th stringer, but give him some credit... And whats wrong with rooting for Nate???
I wonder what can our starting qb do against 4th--5th stringers....?

Well considering he threw 18 TDs in 10 games against 1st stringers in the regular season I'm sure he can do well against 4th stringers in pre season.

Just a hunch.

and considering thats he's been developing since 05, thats awesome!!!

ur the most ignorant and stupid person ive ever meet how the hell do u throw the ball or expect him to develop or play if he has a 3rd degree injury on his throwing arm?

I've never insult anyone here on the zone and you just did, and by the way we havent met.... I now understand that you like Alex very much, and I understand that-
But I think he's bangging someone else, and I think its your m....

You are a worthless loser peasant fool. And yes, you do want Alex to fail. I think you would be better respected if you simply came out and admitted it.

And also, pissing on someones mother is utter crap. What a jerk.

1st of all, where do you see the term "mother"?? and I dont want Alex to fail, he fails by himself just like you.
and you call me a jerk?? that bothers me, I think your gay.... it sucks to be you
Originally posted by jreff22:

Originally posted by 49ersBest1:
Why isn't Smith perfect in practice? This is unacceptable. Practice is not a place for making errors. There are fans watching for crying out loud. Be a winner Alex and start practicing like JTO would.

Duh. he's not allowed to make mistakes. just wait for the nate davis talk to get going when he plays against the colts pop warner team this weekend
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by 49ersBest1:

Duh. he's not allowed to make mistakes. just wait for the nate davis talk to get going when he plays against the colts pop warner team this weekend

I dont think its about him being allowed to make mistakes. There was a lot of hype about Smith's maturation in the offseason. A lot of hype about Smith's comfortability in the offense. Now its time for him to put up. So far reports are not too promising.

"No idea yet of the severity of the injury, but the bearer of the pain makes it worth monitoring: WR Michael Crabtree went up for an Alex Smith duck during 7-on-7 this afternoon, and landed hard on his back. He stayed down for a minute, then spent much of practice consulting with a trainer on the sideline. The preliminary diagnosis: a neck strain." LINK

These are the kinds of reports that have come out regarding Simth's TC performance. I am looking forward to seeing him come out against Indy and play well.
Last time practice is where you make the mistakes to learn from them and as for me I would rather have a good GAME DAY TEAM then a great practice team that can't perform when it counts. HE PLAYED GREAT last year after the s**t he's gone through and sucking all his life to come out under all that pressure he could have just quit, he came back threw 18 touchdowns out of no where and took control. So he had a few bad days of practice guess what so has Drew Brees, and so has Tom Brady ITS PRACTICE. You practice to learn the playbook, get in shape, learn the tendencies of your team mates and get an idea of how the opposition might attack your gameplan(LIGHTLY). If we don't go over .500 this year and he doesn't lead this team into the playoffs then yes we can start pointing fingers but don't get pissy over a f**king practice god it's like a bunch of little sallies cheer this team on. When we win we cry when we lose we cry GUESS WHAT WE ARENT PLAYING THE GAMES were supposed to SUPPORT THE TEAM not cry about it. GO Smith GO NINERS!

Originally posted by Thrash88:
Last time practice is where you make the mistakes to learn from them and as for me I would rather have a good GAME DAY TEAM then a great practice team that can't perform when it counts. HE PLAYED GREAT last year after the s**t he's gone through and sucking all his life to come out under all that pressure he could have just quit, he came back threw 18 touchdowns out of no where and took control. So he had a few bad days of practice guess what so has Drew Brees, and so has Tom Brady ITS PRACTICE. You practice to learn the playbook, get in shape, learn the tendencies of your team mates and get an idea of how the opposition might attack your gameplan(LIGHTLY). If we don't go over .500 this year and he doesn't lead this team into the playoffs then yes we can start pointing fingers but don't get pissy over a f**king practice god it's like a bunch of little sallies cheer this team on. When we win we cry when we lose we cry GUESS WHAT WE ARENT PLAYING THE GAMES were supposed to SUPPORT THE TEAM not cry about it. GO Smith GO NINERS!

Mistakes are things like making the wrong read or other mental errors. That's what practice is for. But "mistakes" like not being accurate, something that has been an issue with Alex for the past 5 years is NOT acceptable. These are not mental issues and the inaccuracy issues are things we have repeatedly seen in games.

I honestly think he will play well this year, but it should be a concern that he's still hasn't fine-tuned this aspect of his game.

Like many have posted about those great QB having bad practices also...that's fine, but those QBs have flawless practices where the ball never touches the ground. Those QB's have near flawless games completing double digit consecutive passes IN GAMES. Alex still has yet to put together a flawless practice.

I know you all are not saying he's great but don't be disappointed if he puts up average numbers with inconsistency in his throwing. Doing that is actually a step up for him considering his overall play in the past 5 years.

I bet he starved the dog for 5 days to make this gif possible.
As long as we manage to win games, I don't give a f**k whether smith sucks or not.
Share 49ersWebzone