LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

Tailgating at the games

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hey everyone,

So I'm taking my 3 buddies and myself to the 49ers game for their 30th bday. I'm contemplating between the Saints game or the Eagles but I'm pretty sure it's going to be the Eagles.

Anyways. We've all never been to a game and are stoked. However, we want to tailgate and get drunk with everyone. Does the Webzone have a tailgating area? Would we be welcome to tailgate? We'd bring beers and some food. We'd even chip in with some $ too.

Anyone know? Appreciate it
Also, where are the best seats to sit at? I'm down to pay $ for my buddies but we want to be in a "rowdy" area where there is energy.

I took my Uncle to the giants/dodgers game last night and we sat in really nice seats. However, the fans were . . . boring. They def. aren't like the ones in the bleachers.

Where are the best areas for "rowdy" energy but good viewing?
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Of course you're welcome!! Tailgates are usually by pole C by Gate 1 if i remember correctly, in fact theres a map of the parking lot floating around here somewhere with the exact location on it. Stoney333 would know more specific details
Originally posted by luv49rs:
Of course you're welcome!! Tailgates are usually by pole C by Gate 1 if i remember correctly, in fact theres a map of the parking lot floating around here somewhere with the exact location on it. Stoney333 would know more specific details

right on! appreciate the love
Originally posted by montana2rice:
Hey everyone,

So I'm taking my 3 buddies and myself to the 49ers game for their 30th bday. I'm contemplating between the Saints game or the Eagles but I'm pretty sure it's going to be the Eagles.

Anyways. We've all never been to a game and are stoked. However, we want to tailgate and get drunk with everyone. Does the Webzone have a tailgating area? Would we be welcome to tailgate? We'd bring beers and some food. We'd even chip in with some $ too.

you should go to the saints game because it's a Monday night and they're retiring Jerry rice's number, the place is going to be crazy.

Also tailgating is awesome.
I tried to find webzone for last years opener tailgate and couln't find them. I found a random party and got my grill on. They need a better map or better banner at site .
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Originally posted by montana2rice:
Hey everyone,

you should go to the saints game because it's a Monday night and they're retiring Jerry rice's number, the place is going to be crazy.

Also tailgating is awesome.

the saints game is actually my first choice but my buddies cant get the days off and i've a major project due early october so i can't be taking "days off" for that. TRUST ME, i'd really want to go b/c Rice has always been my fav player
Originally posted by foundone:
I tried to find webzone for last years opener tailgate and couln't find them. I found a random party and got my grill on. They need a better map or better banner at site .

i don't know. it is pretty easy. we are right by the VIP parking and right next to the guys with the german flag. and many also will give their cell number to call if lost.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by foundone:

i don't know. it is pretty easy. we are right by the VIP parking and right next to the guys with the german flag. and many also will give their cell number to call if lost.

yes, i totally couldnt find the tailgaters section :(
I'll keep an eye out for the flag this time. I've been a follower of the zone since off- season 08 when I found this gem looking for draft mocks. I registered just to tell ya that finding the tailgating wasn't easy, granted I was alittle tipsy. I still say a huge 49ERSWEBZONE banner is needed.

[ Edited by foundone on Aug 2, 2010 at 09:51:10 ]

If all 3 of you never been to a game you should get a cooler with wheels and walk. Then you can really meet everybody. Start & end at the C pole. Stop by and say whats up to everyone with the Niner Empire @ Pole K. Go up to the front row close to the Players Lot and get a few drinks at Club49. Head over to the Redzone @ Pole R and get your freak on. There's nothing like beautiful women that know their football. since the DJ sets up around 10-11, they all go there to shake their $$$ maker. Don't worry about food so much, you'll get fed plenty along the way.

As far as rowdy sections once your inside, it can be hit or miss. A good rule of thumb will be to go with the cheap seats. Either nose bleeds or end zone. Remember: if your on the 40yd line then the people around you are most likely old school pinkie up drinkers left over from the days of waiting lists for tickets. Winthorp and Humphrey get annoyed when your TOO loud, even if we are on D.
Originally posted by MrRedDogSF:

As far as rowdy sections once your inside, it can be hit or miss. A good rule of thumb will be to go with the cheap seats. Either nose bleeds or end zone. Remember: if your on the 40yd line then the people around you are most likely old school pinkie up drinkers left over from the days of waiting lists for tickets. Winthorp and Humphrey get annoyed when your TOO loud, even if we are on D.

Truth.
I've tailgated many times without a car. If you've got food and/or beer people are friendly...as long as your not dumb enough to show up in Sea-chicken gear. As far as seats I would go to the UR. Even in the end zones on the lower level I've seen people get regulated on for being obnoxious. I've been around some pretty rowdy folks in the upper "Lower East" stands too. We got some looks, but nobody came up to us to ask us to chill. We were talking mad ish about Favre and the Jets that game. We got pretty loud after P. Willy smoked Brad Smith. I wasn't sure he would ever walk again.

We've been crazy in the UR end zone sections and NEVER had an issue other than trying to walk to different sections even in non-sold out games. It could have been our level of intoxication that they didn't want in the section more than anything.

Monday night football atmosphere is more fun than Sunday night if you ask me, but both should be GREAT games. Hope you guys have a good party & get to see the Niners win the game. I'll be at both rooting for our boys.

Look for the canopy, and the WZ sign:

There is a much improved WZ sign in the works. It'll have the WZ logo seen above, as well as a couple more distinguishable items on it. Once the design is complete, I'll post it with an improved map.

If you look at the picture of the canopy, you can see the Gate 1 parking entrance behind. There aren't too many places you can be to see that gate at that angle.

[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Aug 2, 2010 at 13:57:10 ]
  • Happs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Look for the canopy, and the WZ sign:

There is a much improved WZ sign in the works. It'll have the WZ logo seen above, as well as a couple more distinguishable items on it. Once the design is complete, I'll post it with an improved map.

If you look at the picture of the canopy, you can see the Gate 1 parking entrance behind. There aren't too many places you can be to see that gate at that angle.

How do you get the canopy to cover up those parking spots like that? Everytime we have our canopy over an empty parking spot, the cops come and harrass us to take it down.
Share 49ersWebzone