LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

Training Camp 2010

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jreff22:
MaioccoCSN

ILBs were up against guards, so those guys - Willis included - didn't fare so well with size disadvantage.

damn it prepare for a downyear with wilis
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
MaioccoCSN

ILBs were up against guards, so those guys - Willis included - didn't fare so well with size disadvantage.

damn it prepare for a downyear with wilis

MaioccoCSN

Each lineman, linebacker, tight end and fullback got 2 or 3 turns in nutcracker drill. Looks as if everyone got out of it healthy. #49ers

beat me to it

[ Edited by valrod33 on Aug 2, 2010 at 10:02:07 ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by valrod33:
mattbarrows

Nutrackers underway. Two early winners: RJF and Khalif Mitchell, a couple of interior dlinemen. Mitchell defeated A. Davis to wrap up drill.

MaioccoCSN

49ers nutcracker ends: David Baas did good work; Kentwan Balmer ... not so impressive with three early jumps in a row.

Differences this year: centers had to snap the ball before going up against opponent. Fullbacks and ILBs got a running (two step) start.

First contact for the rookie....cant win everything

yeah but what the hell is a khalif mitchell?

He looked pretty good at NT in preseason last year. He showed a very good ability to push the pocket.

Yes he did, which leaves me clueless as to why they made RJF a NT.

I've wondered that too. RJF seems built like a DE to me. I'm really pulling for Mitchell to win a backup spot. I think, if Balmer doesn't show up this preseason, it is time to cut losses there.
timkawakami

49ers just finished 15 minutes of Nutcracker. Clear standout is Mike Iupati

Anthony Davis wasn't as dominant. But he was going vs DEs & iupati had LBs
it would be nice to cut people, but I think there are penalties against the cap if we do that at the wrong time...thats the only thing I dont like about how everything is structured. You can't just cut a guy if he sucks...you are penalized and have to pay that guy...

I know this, if you underperform at a job, and you get fired...they sure as heck dont keep paying you!!!
MaioccoCSN

In 49ers walk-through before 11-on-11, David Baas is getting work at center.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
mattbarrows

Nutrackers underway. Two early winners: RJF and Khalif Mitchell, a couple of interior dlinemen. Mitchell defeated A. Davis to wrap up drill.

MaioccoCSN

49ers nutcracker ends: David Baas did good work; Kentwan Balmer ... not so impressive with three early jumps in a row.

Differences this year: centers had to snap the ball before going up against opponent. Fullbacks and ILBs got a running (two step) start.

He looked pretty good at NT in preseason last year. He showed a very good ability to push the pocket.

I've wondered that too. RJF seems built like a DE to me. I'm really pulling for Mitchell to win a backup spot. I think, if Balmer doesn't show up this preseason, it is time to cut losses there.

I'm with you, I'm also pulling for Mitchell. RJF should go back and back up or maybe push for Sopoaga's spot. And let Mitchell back up Franklin. But I understand its a numbers thing, and a 1st round pick will be given every shot to make the team and win a job. But what I don't understand is why they favor RJF over Mitchell, when Mitchell clearly dominated San Diego's and Dallas's 3rd stringers last year in Preseason. i think Mitchell is just the forgotten man on the D-line.
MaioccoCSN

Interesting they are still trying this. Wonder if Baas will beat out Wragge as the top inside lineman backup.

mattbarrows

MaioccoCSN

I'm with you, I'm also pulling for Mitchell. RJF should go back and back up or maybe push for Sopoaga's spot. And let Mitchell back up Franklin. But I understand its a numbers thing, and a 1st round pick will be given every shot to make the team and win a job. But what I don't understand is why they favor RJF over Mitchell, when Mitchell clearly dominated San Diego's and Dallas's 3rd stringers last year in Preseason. i think Mitchell is just the forgotten man on the D-line.

Mitchell was in UDFA, so we can hide him on the PS for a while...no need to rush anybody yet.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
it would be nice to cut people, but I think there are penalties against the cap if we do that at the wrong time...thats the only thing I dont like about how everything is structured. You can't just cut a guy if he sucks...you are penalized and have to pay that guy...

I know this, if you underperform at a job, and you get fired...they sure as heck dont keep paying you!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but UDRFA won't even tickle the salary cap. Isn't the penalty a mere $5,000 or something like that??
alex smiths number yesterday:

Short passes: 14-15

Medium passes: 6-7 including one bad under throw that was picked by Dashon Goldson

Long passes: 0-2

not bad
MaioccoCSN

Interesting they are still trying this. Wonder if Baas will beat out Wragge as the top inside lineman backup.

I think so, which means Wallace will be gone.
  • nooj
  • Veteran
Is there a video featuring last year's nutcracker drill?
Share 49ersWebzone