LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

How much do you play Gore in Preseason (all 4 games)

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How much do you play Gore in Preseason (all 4 games)

A series or two in the first two games and then maybe a quarter in the 3rd game and not at all in the 4th game
Seriously, what good will it do us for Gore to play at all this preseason? The only reason most of you want him to play is to fuel your selfish needs of wanting to see our high caliber players during the preseason so you dont feel ripped off when you pay your measley 50 bucks a ticket. Keep the guy fresh for our opener against the team that crushed our playoff hopes last year! Maybe with the long break he will feel a sense of hunger in that first game, think about it Gore....hungry.....against the Seahawks......that would just be sad.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
I don't know if I'm more frustrated that Gore misses 2-3 games every season with a bum ankle, or the fact that we don't have a very good back up RB.

Dude has only missed 5 starts in 4 seasons. Let him get as many reps as he feels he needs in the Pre-season to knock the rust off...
Originally posted by prime21:
Seriously, what good will it do us for Gore to play at all this preseason? The only reason most of you want him to play is to fuel your selfish needs of wanting to see our high caliber players during the preseason so you dont feel ripped off when you pay your measley 50 bucks a ticket. Keep the guy fresh for our opener against the team that crushed our playoff hopes last year! Maybe with the long break he will feel a sense of hunger in that first game, think about it Gore....hungry.....against the Seahawks......that would just be sad.

Easy there sass pants, everybody knows what this time of year is all about. Nobody wants to see the man get hurt in a tune up game and everybody grasps the concept that the odds of him getting injured go way up the more he plays. Fact is: the pre-season's too damn long and injuries are gonna happen but there's no simulating game reps and they're important; particularly this year.

The only reason I want to see em play is because we're installing a new blocking scheme (potentially with a couple rookie lineman), and I think it would benefit all parties involved if they were familiar with it so we can hit the ground running when we play the garbage eating birds.

Frank's a big boy now. He knows when he's knocked off the rust and he knows when the line in front of him is progressing. He'll take himself out when it's time and I'm sure he's on a pretty short leash as it is. I can't see em getting more than 10 series split 3 ways all pre-season and even that's a bit of a stretch imo.
Share 49ersWebzone