LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

"The Nutcracker" will be back!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
somebody is going to get hurt.
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by sean610:
Just a plain stupid idea. I don't see what you gain by it, when the players did it last year they had lingering injuries all season. This is not a 4 win team anymore im gonna be pissed if one of our top players go down...

The players don't gain a measurable ability. Singletary has spoke about being physical in all facets of the game and creating leverage on every play. If a player can't handle a physical practice, it's likely he can't handle playing physical in a live game. You simply can't say you'll be physical and then it'll just happen. You've got to practice being physical.

Also, when did you get the idea that the 49ers had lingering injuries all season? Aside from Nate Clements, no 49er missed significant time (more than one game) on the defensive side of the ball.

Agreed. Injuries are a part of the games, practices, contracts, so on... I think the physicality gained last year was responsible for our win in Arizona.
Originally posted by redrathman:
The players don't gain a measurable ability. Singletary has spoke about being physical in all facets of the game and creating leverage on every play. If a player can't handle a physical practice, it's likely he can't handle playing physical in a live game. You simply can't say you'll be physical and then it'll just happen. You've got to practice being physical.

Also, when did you get the idea that the 49ers had lingering injuries all season? Aside from Nate Clements, no 49er missed significant time (more than one game) on the defensive side of the ball.

As much as I would hate to see any player hurt from this drill,
it is hard to argue with your point of view.
BOOOO HOOOO I guess Walt Harris tore his ACL during the nutcracker. Get real all of you b***hing about it probly never played it. It is not that hard of a drill. And it does teach game situaional leverage.
Singletary said the drill might be modified this year but that "it definitely will be in our camp. It's just a matter of we're going to change it up a little bit so we get the most out of it." ... "I will try to explain it to you," Singletary continued. "Tthe nutcracker is a drill where an offensive line coach and a defensive line coach are always trying to talk to their players about leverage, a point of emphasis and where the helmet needs to be and where their leverage is in strong points. When you do the nutcracker, a player has a chance to understand it firsthand. You can tell them a million times, but until they actually do it and go through it, you can't really see it."
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Deez Nuts - Very funny...they should update this model with a few new characters,
and put it back into production
Originally posted by Izyniner:
BOOOO HOOOO I guess Walt Harris tore his ACL during the nutcracker. Get real all of you b***hing about it probly never played it. It is not that hard of a drill. And it does teach game situaional leverage.

Whoa buddy nobody said anything about Walt Harris but since you know everything I figure you would know that Walt tore his ACL in May and never made it to training camp last year. Im talking about Baas and P willis who had to miss time beacuse of it and the fact that veterans spoke up about not being comfortable last year. Singletary is modifying it for a reason.

[ Edited by sean610 on Jun 18, 2010 at 17:59:00 ]
Originally posted by sean610:
Originally posted by Izyniner:

Whoa buddy nobody said anything about Walt Harris but since you know everything I figure you would know that Walt tore his ACL in May and never made it to training camp last year. Im talking about Baas and P willis who had to miss time beacuse of it and the fact that veterans spoke up about not being comfortable last year. Singletary is modifying it for a reason.

Pretty sure he means that injuries can happen any time of the year.
If you guys watched the video on TV49 a bunch said they would want to go against Andy Lee. I guess they haven't seen him come off the field pissed off. He is small but he has fight in him.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
bad idea.

well i know this isnt the thread to post this but watching a segment about singletary on csnba about his family. DAMN are his daughters hot, red bones
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Alex Smith wants to go against Goldson in the Nutcracker:

Quote:
Asked who he's like to go up against in a Nutcracker drill - yes, Mike Singletary will reprise them this year - Smith first said Andy Lee, then changed his answer to Goldson. "He talks a lot," Smith said archly. "I'd like to get a little run at him. I probably outweigh him now."

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/06/mays-shows-stic.html#ixzz0rFHnxlPx

This has bad idea written all over it but it would be cool to see (maybe at the end of the season tho).

that play is what the 2010 49ers are gonna be all about. were gonna have a tough, no holds barred kinda team. still cant believe he dropped a DE like ellis that easy hahaha

Now taking bets....
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:

Now taking bets....

soap reminds me of this guy. and i think Iupati wins
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
well i know this isnt the thread to post this but watching a segment about singletary on csnba about his family. DAMN are his daughters hot, red bones

where can I watch thissssssss
Share 49ersWebzone