There are 218 users in the forums

What sideline would you want the teams to be?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What sideline would you want the teams to be?

This maybe a lame questio to some of you, but it just occured to me, the reason it is hard to play in seattle is because of crowd noise, as there place is one of the loudest.

Most fans will want to see the niners on the non clubhouse/suite side so they can see their team and maybe get lucky with an autograph.

However, if the opponents are on the clubhouse suite side they may not be affected as much by crowd noise. I know the teams will be on the field, but as coaches and personnel try to communicate on the sideline, the fans can make it hard on the opponents coaches to hear or say things in their headsets.

How do you think this is going to take shape and what would your preference be?
Either or, as long as we win some games.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Either or, as long as we win some games.

this
With the current design, I think the suite side would get the most amount of noised focused at them. Granted the noise on the field would be what's most important, but if it would help any, I say opponent on the suite side.
Either or, as long as we win lots and lots of games.

Fixed it for ya.
The suite side, which would have the team facing east away from the sun during the late afternoon. It's nearly the same north/south endzone orientation as the Stick.

[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Jun 10, 2010 at 13:17:48 ]
Huh, never thought about this one.
the side without the suites. the closer to the crowd the better for this team.

im hoping they make that one side a little more seats that the pictures, and a little more seating. it looks too unbalanced.
How about in the suites, and have them teleport/subsitutions
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
The suite side, which would have the team facing east away from the sun during the late afternoon. It's nearly the same north/south endzone orientation as the Stick.

^ This would make the most sense, for these reasons :

- 49ers are not blinded by harsh late afternoon sunlight
- presumably closer to the tunnel/lounge through which fans can see them go to the home locker room (should it be on the suite side)
- the vast majority of the fans sitting on the opposite club seating area (as well as the two end-zone areas) will be directly across and see the 49ers sideline

Originally posted by Niners99:

im hoping they make that one side a little more seats that the pictures, and a little more seating. it looks too unbalanced.

actually its probably better that its the VISITING team is on the club-seating side of the stadium, again for these reasons :

- they'll be facing west and therefore the glaring sun during late afternoon (advantage 49ers)
- they'll be more surrounded on three sides by the hostile home 49er fans, who'll literally be right on top of them (which is probably more effective than the opposite theory of crowd noise "bouncing" off the suite structure and down onto the visiting team if they were on the suite side). again, advantage 49ers

Also, in relation to the sun the stadium should benefit both fans in regular club seating and those fortunate enough to afford the suites :

- afternoon sun sinking in the west will gradually cast a shadow from the taller suite structure onto the majority of the fans on the opposite club seating side, a welcome shade during the warmer Aug-October games.

- westering sun won't cast a harsh glare on the glass from the suite structure and also not be a glare to the fans watching from the suites (even though they'll be indoors in a cushy, temp-controlled suite anyways)
Originally posted by BigRon:
Either or, as long as we win lots and lots of games.

Fixed it for ya.

Originally posted by Buonaparte69:

- presumably closer to the tunnel/lounge through which fans can see them go to the home locker room (should it be on the suite side)
- the vast majority of the fans sitting on the opposite club seating area (as well as the two end-zone areas) will be directly across and see the 49ers sideline

actually its probably better that its the VISITING team is on the club-seating side of the stadium, again for these reasons :

- they'll be facing west and therefore the glaring sun during late afternoon (advantage 49ers)
- they'll be more surrounded on three sides by the hostile home 49er fans, who'll literally be right on top of them (which is probably more effective than the opposite theory of crowd noise "bouncing" off the suite structure and down onto the visiting team if they were on the suite side). again, advantage 49ers

Wait-correct me if necessary, which side is the suites on? Isn't it the west? And isn't the club seats and suites on the same side?
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:

Wait-correct me if necessary, which side is the suites on? Isn't it the west? And isn't the club seats and suites on the same side?

My bad, I got the terms confused. By "club seating" I meant to say concourse seating (the regular seating that comprise the vast majority of seats in the stadium). The suites are of course the more expensive private box seating located on the more distinct structure on the WEST side of the stadium.

Allow me to clarify and let you get your bearings :

Actually, it's probably a moot point, since the majority of home teams traditionally reserve the WESTERN sideline/dugout for themselves at their outside/open-air stadium precisely because of the afternoon sunlight/shade factor. Wouldn't expect the 49ers to be any different.
Share 49ersWebzone