LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 228 users in the forums

Mini Camp Thread - (June 17-18)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
speaking of our secondary, this article on the homepage has this guy saying that Spencer is elsewhere because he's not happy with his contract situation. Please tell me this douche has Spencer mixed up with Lawson.
WTF

IIRC, that myth was debunked by MB weeks ago. Spencer is just doing his own thing.
speaking of our secondary, this article on the homepage has this guy saying that Spencer is elsewhere because he's not happy with his contract situation. Please tell me this douche has Spencer mixed up with Lawson.
WTF

Lol yea that article is pure garbage as I was reading it and reading parts from his "insider" it sounded like he was just making it all up lol. I could of literally wrote that and said "according to my insider Brandon Jones has a sprained ankle b/c he has stupid woman ankles" and then post it. I felt like he was making assumptions and then adding according to the insider just to make it seem like he was valid and legit.
so that guy = fail
49ers OTA pictures- June 11

WR Josh Morgan
Originally posted by PTulini:

WR Josh Morgan

Great pic!
Originally posted by tohara3:

WR Josh Morgan

Great pic!

I'm hoping Morgan can make a few more plays than last yr. He never really busted one open like he could have

WR Michael Crabtree
  • GEEK
  • Veteran

WR Michael Crabtree

Can Alex Smith not throw a f**king legit pass to his WRs?
Originally posted by GEEK:

WR Michael Crabtree

Hey, it may have been David Carr for all you know?

Originally posted by NinerGM:
we may live or die with our secondary this year

Don't believe the ProFootball Talk hype.

I think our secondary will be fine. Starters aren't there because they really don't need to be there.

The problem with the defense last season was that they were on the field too long because the offense was one of the worst in the league at 1st down conversions. Just think if we can increase the offense TOP by even 1/3 of what it was last season and convert that into any points?

Our D which is quite accustomed to playing long stretches suddenly find themselves not worn out by Q4.

Looking forward to seeing the offense hold up the defense for once.

I hope so. When I look at our team, I believe we're thinnest in the secondary. The starters are fine, but the depth is suspect. Will James, Paymah...

WR Michael Crabtree

Maybe.

But sometimes you just need guys who can make "legit" catches.

Originally posted by NinerGM:
we may live or die with our secondary this year

Don't believe the ProFootball Talk hype.

I think our secondary will be fine. Starters aren't there because they really don't need to be there.

The problem with the defense last season was that they were on the field too long because the offense was one of the worst in the league at 1st down conversions. Just think if we can increase the offense TOP by even 1/3 of what it was last season and convert that into any points?

Our D which is quite accustomed to playing long stretches suddenly find themselves not worn out by Q4.

Looking forward to seeing the offense hold up the defense for once.

I hope so. When I look at our team, I believe we're thinnest in the secondary. The starters are fine, but the depth is suspect. Will James, Paymah...

Paymah is actually ok. He can make some plays. He did alright for Minnesota when he was in there. Paymah is good depth.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

WR Michael Crabtree

Maybe.

But sometimes you just need guys who can make "legit" catches.

seriously, those QBs throwing those passes must have sucked. I mean just look at how it's not in the receiver's bread basket.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
mattbarrows

Alex Smith goes deep downfield to Crabtree. It wasn't pretty (underthrown), but the receiver ends up with the ball in his hands.
HAHAHAHA. is this thread about ONE throw?? In practice?? We talkin' bout Practice??
Share 49ersWebzone