Navorro Bowman is a Niner!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
Originally posted by Super5:
Lawson's going to be traded for a 4th or 5th rounder, so Bowman becomes Lawson's replacement!

Oh boy

Guess you haven't noticed but Lawson is a very important and big part of the 49ers D

Gotta love some of the intelligence on the zone....

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/17201/making-sense-of-49ers-lawson

Read the article Douche!

The douche bag is the the FO is they trade him. I dont give a s**t that he isnt a sack artist he helps our D so much he is very valuable

I really like Lawson, don't understand why so many would wanna trade him
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:
the kid is slow as hell... but plays hard

Yeah, ur right! he is plays hard and kinda too slow speed. mehh
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
After watching that video on the first page, i have the UP MOST respect for this kid now. I too did lose my father a few months ago, and being in college as well, I am striving to be what my father wanted me to be, a baseball player. I promise you this kid will have the greatest motivation on the team to strive to be the best and I will be rooting for him 100% of the way to not only make the team but become a starter on this defense. He has the motivation, i promise that.

this kid seems to have a good head on his shoulders and he knows what he needs to do and seems like a singletary type of football player. I love this pick and I hope it works out well in the end.

Go niners

Great point on the intangibles. And my condolences, bro!
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by Super5:
Lawson's going to be traded for a 4th or 5th rounder, so Bowman becomes Lawson's replacement!

Oh boy

Guess you haven't noticed but Lawson is a very important and big part of the 49ers D

Gotta love some of the intelligence on the zone....

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/17201/making-sense-of-49ers-lawson

Read the article Douche!

The douche bag is the the FO is they trade him. I dont give a s**t that he isnt a sack artist he helps our D so much he is very valuable

I really like Lawson, don't understand why so many would wanna trade him

Nobody hates Lawson...but he's just a 1st and 2nd down player for us now and his position requires #1 pass rush #2 run stop (sniff out screens) #3 drop into zone coverage and cover RB's out of the backfield.

He's expendable. Most LB's can play the run and seal the edge. Now he's asking for more money and we have a healthy Haralson, signed Brooks and now LaBoy and Briggs is an up-and-coming player.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by hofer36:

i suspect you may be onto somehing..bowman, like lawson can cover, but doesnt seem like a for 3-4...not a pass rusher

Would have to argue with that one. Bowman has had 3 and 4 sacks in the last two years. Lawson had 6.5 last year and is getting better.

Also, whoever says we gained back our 4th we technically did but it is SD's 4th next year. We won't pick until 173, 182, 206 and 224.

Bowman will be an ILB in this scheme, not an OLB.

I think you're right. Singletary even went on record saying that Bowman can either play OLB or ILB. IMO, he'd be better in the interior.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by hofer36:

i suspect you may be onto somehing..bowman, like lawson can cover, but doesnt seem like a for 3-4...not a pass rusher

Would have to argue with that one. Bowman has had 3 and 4 sacks in the last two years. Lawson had 6.5 last year and is getting better.

Also, whoever says we gained back our 4th we technically did but it is SD's 4th next year. We won't pick until 173, 182, 206 and 224.

Bowman will be an ILB in this scheme, not an OLB.

I think you're right. Singletary even went on record saying that Bowman can either play OLB or ILB. IMO, he'd be better in the interior.

yeah and also cause Spikes is gettin up there in age he feels Bowman can learn from Spikes and Willis. That middle of our defense is impregnable
What are his "off-the-field issues"? Haven't heard any specifics.
Originally posted by foreign49er:
What are his "off-the-field issues"? Haven't heard any specifics.

he ran over a bunch of kittens and then ate some babies and fed trans fats to single mothers, then he gave diabetes to some chimpanzees. but it was just cause he was hanging with the wrong crowd.
Very talented, only downside is he is a bit undersized plus he has off the field issues.

Originally posted by kstolai:
Very talented, only downside is he is a bit undersized plus he has off the field issues.

Undersized? Please explain...
Looks like he's over 6' and weighs 240lb. Pretty typicle ILB body type.
Originally posted by HuntMike:

I don't understand how ppl keep saying he is undersized. I think he's bigger than Willis
Lets give him a shot. I'm bias, his from my hometown in MD. Just like the V-MAN and Josh. Congrats Navorro. Stay healthy and give it your best.

Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by HuntMike:

I don't understand how ppl keep saying he is undersized. I think he's bigger than Willis

hope so, we need someone to replace Spikes and take on blockers, which should allow Willis to keep doing what he is doing
Share 49ersWebzone