There are 192 users in the forums

Taylor Mays is a Niner!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame
Please use this thread. You will also find a thread in the "Draft War Room" if you wish to discuss the 49ers utilization of this pick in general. Additional threads may be locked or merged (and members warned) at the discretion of the moderating staff.
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame
Bump
So we drafted a cheap version of Michael Lewis.
It's not who the Niners wanted, but they got'im and I'm rooting for him.

They wanted Nate Allen.

When Allen was picked Baalke looked up at the ceiling, then did a "damnit" flex...and then the room went into work mode, trying to figure something out. Singletary seemed unhappy as well.

When it came time for the pick, they were not excited, and casually shook hands and Baalke took his sheet from in front of him and crumpled it up and threw it away, disappointedly.

Let's see what he can do.

*edit - and now that I think about it, I don't think Sing left the room because there was nothing more for him to say or because he was upset, but rather to go somewhere quieter to get ready to make the phone call to Mays.
[ Edited by mug0mug on Apr 23, 2010 at 10:30 PM ]
  • MazDanRX787
  • Info N/A
Cool! He's a hard hitter with good physical attributes. But he's not going to start is he. With Michael Lewis and Dashon Goldson. Goldson had a fantastic year and Lewis is consistently pretty good, though he had an off-year statistically.
Originally posted by Leathaface:

You mean the bigger faster version
For a minute folks in the zone were arguing between Berry vs Mays.

and we get Mays mid-2nd round...I'm for it!
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Mays in the mid-2nd round...I'm for it! Value pick

What is wrong with Michael Lewis?

Hate it hate it
This draft is all about the future. Players who won't play right away. It's the Backup Plan of the NFL. Like the movie that's coming out.
The War Room behavior makes sense. All things being equal if the Niners continue to lose Baalke will have more drafts in his future than Sing.

I think they all wanted Allen the most, cept Sing was just willing to trade more picks away to get him....makes sense...he is probably on the hotter seat. What does he care what shape the Niners are in in terms of late round developments when he gets the boot
BPA can't go wrong
Originally posted by ianna:

What is wrong with Michael Lewis?

Basically, he's a 5th LB who plays the run (always in the box) and hasn't defended a pass in 6 years. LOL. And he has serious concussion problems.

Taylor is his younger, faster clone.
Share 49ersWebzone