There are 211 users in the forums

Bringing on Nate Davis slowy is the correct thing to do...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If Nate gets q lot of second half preseason reps, then he will be QB number two soon.
I agree,Nate will soon be great!
Originally posted by NorCaL9er:
Im totally in agreement with you.
he's a lowly drafted project qb what else are they gonna do but bring him along slowly
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Sure, bringing him along slowly IS the best approach, but that also means giving him some reps at actually playing QUARTERBACK! They had him playing receiver and who knows what; everything besides QB. And when they had chances to give him some mopup duty, or some series in meaningless games, didn't happen. How the heck is he gonna get some very valuable experience without the actual experience!!?? He's got the tools, just needs the game time. Whether that's in camp, preseason, a few series against weak competition or in games already decided, he just needs the time behind center! Common sense.

I dont remember fully but did Aaron Rodgers get any real reps while Favre was around? Just being on the team and watching the offense is experience. He has a supposed learning disability so I will side with coaches who know what they're doing on this one.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Webzone probowlers:

qb: nate davis
wr's: zeigler and hill
rb: sheets and clayton

49ers Webzone no logic reqired, simply a pulse and a computer

you forgot Taylor Jacobs
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Nate Davis is a 3rd string nothing and a nobody. Never was and never will be. People on the WZ get exited about one Youtube video of highlights against 4th stringers in the preseason. All that while most of those 4th stingers are no longer in the league.

I don't he should be placed in the never will be category yet however as I posted in another thread....

He is a late round developmental QB like hundreds and hundreds of QB's. If he pans out great, if not then it's no sweat off of Scot's balls. I understand that many fans have anointed him as the heir apparent but that does not make it true nor have we been given any reason to believe it to be true.

For every Tom Brady there are hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds of Cody Pickett's, Tim Rattay's and the likes.

He spent a lot of time learning last year and will probably see more snaps this offseason than he did last but I doubt they a have put majority of there eggs in his basket like the OP believes.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by redmanc07:
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Sure, bringing him along slowly IS the best approach, but that also means giving him some reps at actually playing QUARTERBACK! They had him playing receiver and who knows what; everything besides QB. And when they had chances to give him some mopup duty, or some series in meaningless games, didn't happen. How the heck is he gonna get some very valuable experience without the actual experience!!?? He's got the tools, just needs the game time. Whether that's in camp, preseason, a few series against weak competition or in games already decided, he just needs the time behind center! Common sense.

I dont remember fully but did Aaron Rodgers get any real reps while Favre was around? Just being on the team and watching the offense is experience. He has a supposed learning disability so I will side with coaches who know what they're doing on this one.

Yes he did, he ran the 2nd team. He prepared every week like any other backup does.
i'm sure he's developing into a great NFL QB being that the niners have him playing safety in practice for the scout team.
Nate the Great will take the Niners to the promise land in the distance future. Let the kid sponge up all the knowledge for now

its too bad Nate is being "mentored" by Alex Smith and David Carr. Not exactly two QBs who should be offering any advice especially when they can't play the position. Hopefully, they're mediocrity isn't contagious.
idk about you guys, but I thought Davis out shined both Hill and Smith last preseason. I hope he gets his shot to do so again this year.
Originally posted by DesiDez:
its too bad Nate is being "mentored" by Alex Smith and David Carr. Not exactly two QBs who should be offering any advice especially when they can't play the position. Hopefully, they're mediocrity isn't contagious.

Not True.

Great QBs aren't always good teachers and bad QBs aren't always bad teachers.

There is an old saying, "those who can, do. Those who can't, teach." ;-)

Steve DeBerg preceded Joe Montana...that worked out OK. ;-)

Not being able to play the position doesn't mean that you don't understand it. It just means you can't do it while the bullets are in the air.
where is all this nate davis confidence coming from? i want to see him against 1st string players before i start proclaiming him to be the next great 49ers qb...
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
where is all this nate davis confidence coming from? i want to see him against 1st string players before i start proclaiming him to be the next great 49ers qb...

The same place that Cody Pickett is the next Steve Young after going 1 for 1 vs TB in 2005 came from.
Share 49ersWebzone