There are 176 users in the forums

Dashon Goldson negotiating extension...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I hate to say it, because I thought he was going to have a huge year this year, but I don't think he'll be coming back.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Originally posted by valrod33:
He needs to go, Reggie Smith and Taylor Mays will be the starters next year

Agreed! He is a free agent right? So he won't be a cap penalty or anything (assuming there is a new CBA).
Originally posted by SJniner7:
He needs to go, Reggie Smith and Taylor Mays will be the starters next year

Agreed! He is a free agent right? So he won't be a cap penalty or anything (assuming there is a new CBA).

Restricted FA I think.

-9fA
Let him walk. We've got plenty of depth behind him at safety.
Eh..... If he had been having the season everyone was expecting, he wouldn't be negotiating. I like him... But I'm not super excited about this.
He needs to go, Reggie Smith and some draftpick will be the starters next year

fixed
i hope we dont resign him, he gets beat deep to much
Originally posted by 49crabtree650:
man this really is some good news we need to lock him up for a long long time.since we drafted this i fell in love with his gameplay, i knew that he was gonna turn out like a beast that he is.

i tried to tell everyone he was mediocre. everyone just said i was a hater. Goldson is a mediocre S at best, and hes proving me right this year. "Goldson is going to the pro bowl next year!"
Dude played well last year, but this year, he's playing like GAHBIDGE
  • jrg
  • Veteran

He's a SS playing at FS...but we don't have a FS so he's our best option for now. I really want him to stay, but with Smith, Mays, and the apparent offseason secondary overhaul, won't be surprised to see him leave

I would rather give the money to lawson then someone who bits on every play fake.Lawson is actually earning a new contract this year.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by diehardnyninerfan:

I would rather give the money to lawson then someone who bits on every play fake.Lawson is actually earning a new contract this year.

I second and third this motion.

Court is adjourned.

• dj43
Originally posted by diehardnyninerfan:

I hope Lawson has not been turned off over the lack of an offer. I somehow get the feeling he won't stick around to listen to an offer after being snubbed the entire year.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:

I hope Lawson has not been turned off over the lack of an offer. I somehow get the feeling he won't stick around to listen to an offer after being snubbed the entire year.

Yeah, he's gonna test the market (if there is one... friggin' CBA) and we won't match the offer he'll get.

Share 49ersWebzone