There are 253 users in the forums

Why I hope the 9ers make the superbowl next year

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
BTW, I also hate to burst anyone's bubble but teams don't make the Super Bowl without prior playoff experience. I'd like to take things one step at a time and I just pray for a return to the postseason.

A team full of players and coaches who have ZERO playoff experience does not make for a Super Bowl run.

like Arizona
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Okay, yeah, I'm sure everyone wants the 9ers to make the superbowl next year. And it probably won't happen. But if it did? It'd be awesome. But it'd be a little more awesome for me and I'm going to tell you why. A lot of you guys are vets or whatever were fans during the 80s, people in their 30s-50s now. You guys grew up watching the team win superbowls and I didn't. Or you saw them when you were in your 20s or 30s and you guys were starting a family, and I didn't. I'm only 18 unfortunately, but whatever. Anyway, my grandma married my grandfather when she was in germany after WW2, she escaped Hitler regime or whatever and then the Russians after that, then she married my grandfather who was a marine and she moved to America. So yesterday she watched the superbowl, she always does, she turned into a pretty big football fan right? So ever since I was a kid I get to hear about how amazing Montana was(I'm actually a Steve fan myself because as a little kid I got to see his last few years, had his jersey when I was starting school). Then I always get to hear about how amazing Rice was, I got to see him play a little bit too, and then with the Raiders. I got to see more of TO honestly, unfortunately. But my grandmother is 83, and I don't know how much longer she has to live. Her health isn't really bad or anything, but she's still 83 and you never know how much longer an 83 year old has to live. So, I thought it'd be pretty awesome, if in her last year or 3 of life, if for one more time she got to see the 9ers win another superbowl? That'd be pretty special to me, and for her since we've been a crappy team ever since we got rid of Garcia and TO(f**k you Donahue! lol).

So I don't know, you guys might make fun of me or whatever, but I've been thinking about it for a little while now and I figured I'd go ahead and post it. I'm just saying, even though it's unlikely, it'd be rediculously awesome.

Amen brotha! I hope your wish is fulfilled. I understand exactly what you mean. My old man is from Argentina and I just want to see Argentina win the World Cup for him! It would be awesome!!
Isn't the SuperBowl going to be played in the new Cowboys stadium next year?

Winning the SuperBowl in their house would be awesome for both you and your Grandma if indeed that is the case.

Great story! I hope she does get that opportunity!
Originally posted by 49Fever:
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Because I'm a Niners fan!

Yep
i didn't knew there were any other reason than that one
Need a thread for that ? Go figure ...

49ers fans hoping the 49ers make it to the superbowl. What is the world coming to?
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Okay, yeah, I'm sure everyone wants the 9ers to make the superbowl next year. And it probably won't happen. But if it did? It'd be awesome. But it'd be a little more awesome for me and I'm going to tell you why. A lot of you guys are vets or whatever were fans during the 80s, people in their 30s-50s now. You guys grew up watching the team win superbowls and I didn't. Or you saw them when you were in your 20s or 30s and you guys were starting a family, and I didn't. I'm only 18 unfortunately, but whatever. Anyway, my grandma married my grandfather when she was in germany after WW2, she escaped Hitler regime or whatever and then the Russians after that, then she married my grandfather who was a marine and she moved to America. So yesterday she watched the superbowl, she always does, she turned into a pretty big football fan right? So ever since I was a kid I get to hear about how amazing Montana was(I'm actually a Steve fan myself because as a little kid I got to see his last few years, had his jersey when I was starting school). Then I always get to hear about how amazing Rice was, I got to see him play a little bit too, and then with the Raiders. I got to see more of TO honestly, unfortunately. But my grandmother is 83, and I don't know how much longer she has to live. Her health isn't really bad or anything, but she's still 83 and you never know how much longer an 83 year old has to live. So, I thought it'd be pretty awesome, if in her last year or 3 of life, if for one more time she got to see the 9ers win another superbowl? That'd be pretty special to me, and for her since we've been a crappy team ever since we got rid of Garcia and TO(f**k you Donahue! lol).

So I don't know, you guys might make fun of me or whatever, but I've been thinking about it for a little while now and I figured I'd go ahead and post it. I'm just saying, even though it's unlikely, it'd be rediculously awesome.

Everything in bold is similar to me being 18 i've been going to games since the 92 NFC championship game as a lap baby..my grandparents have been taking me to games since we've got season tickets and it would be extremely special to me to be able to share a superbowl victory with my grandparents. fortunately my grandparents are in their late 60's so i've still got 15-20 more seasons (God Willing) to hopefully win at least 1 more. WillistheWall i'm with you bro

Niners 2010!!

Glad you can identify with me, well sort of. I'd be more glad if you got to see the superbowls and stuff, but yeah sort of similar situations. You're lucky though, you probably will get to see the 9ers win another superbowl with atleast 1 of them alive in the next 20 years. We'd have to be Detroit Lions-esque bad not to get atleast close in that time frame. You're also lucky you go to the games, still waiting for my first 9er game. But dang man, I mean the Saints were 8-8, they did it. Why can't we? I mean yeah there are reasons we can't but if the team can overcome them that'd be really special

If we get an O-line and stay healthy i think this team will be very dangerous next year.

Agreed. Might need to beef up the secondary though also. Saints invested a 1st and a 2nd in their CBs(Porter 2nd from 2 years ago, Jenkins this year), signed one of the best safeties in the game in Sharper, and Roman Harper and Jabari Greer are also studs. Year before that Pittsburgh had Polamolu, Ike Taylor, Bryant McFadden, and Ryan Clark. Today with all the teams going 3 and 4 wide we need to be able to cover the 3rd and 4th guys, for the most part Spencer is hella underrated and lockdown but Nate has slipped a bit and TBrown I can't figure out, Lewis is pretty slow too.

OLine and Secondary are the main concerns IMO. Our DLine is one of the best in the league if Franklin keeps it up, LB corp is very talented especially if Brooks continues to grow as a player, QB looks better than it has in the last few years, we got some weapons on O, just need to open holes for Frank and give Smith some time back there.

You're hitting the bullseye with this post. The Saints had one of the worse secondaries in football and now they're deep and ballhawking.

Unfortunately until we replace with Alex a real QB we're not going to be anywhere close to a Super Bowl. New Orleans is going to be prime for a repeat, and Green Bay is rising quickly as the #2 team to beat. We could have the greatest line in the league, but ultimately offense comes down to your QB.
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
BTW, I also hate to burst anyone's bubble but teams don't make the Super Bowl without prior playoff experience. I'd like to take things one step at a time and I just pray for a return to the postseason.

A team full of players and coaches who have ZERO playoff experience does not make for a Super Bowl run.

like Arizona

Kurt Warner was arguably the biggest piece of that Arizona team and he played in 2 Super Bowls prior to that one. Edgerrin came on strong during the postseason that year and he, too, had a wealth of playoff experience. So to refute your argument, yes Zona had some experienced players. Not to mention Ken Whisenhunt won Pitt a Super Bowl as a coordinator Think before you post.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

like Arizona

Kurt Warner was arguably the biggest piece of that Arizona team and he played in 2 Super Bowls prior to that one. Edgerrin came on strong during the postseason that year and he, too, had a wealth of playoff experience. So to refute your argument, yes Zona had some experienced players. Not to mention Ken Whisenhunt won Pitt a Super Bowl as a coordinator Think before you post.

stop making excuses

wha like Baltimore

they were 8-8 just like Arizona the year before they went to the super bowl and they won it with Trent Dillhole
Originally posted by PersonalFoul:

Amen brotha! I hope your wish is fulfilled. I understand exactly what you mean. My old man is from Argentina and I just want to see Argentina win the World Cup for him! It would be awesome!!

yea I hope your wish comes true.....I took my mom to a niner game a month before she passed away from cancer and it's one of the best memories I have of her.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by 49Fever:
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Because I'm a Niners fan!

Yep
i didn't knew there were any other reason than that one
Need a thread for that ? Go figure ...

49ers fans hoping the 49ers make it to the superbowl. What is the world coming to?

like Arizona

stop making excuses

wha like Baltimore

they were 8-8 just like Arizona the year before they went to the super bowl and they won it with Trent Dillhole

I wasn't making excuses at all, I was supporting my argument with facts. You said Zona had no playoff experience. I proved they did. That's all.

Yes, we can always bring up teams that have pulled off the nearly impossible. Yes, the Ravens won with Dilfer and without much playoff experience. But two things:

1. That's an aberration. It's not the norm. In fact, it almost never happens.

2. We all know the reason for that win was a smothering defense that was well on its way to being so good the year before ('99 BAL ranked 6th on D overall). We would need more offensive help, our D just isn't that amazing (although it can be very good).

I'm not making excuses, I'm simply stating that this team is not a Super Bowl contender and will not be next year. Are they a playoff contender? If all things in the offseason go well, I'd have to think they will be. But there's way too many question marks (a huge one being the QB position) to even think about the Niners getting to the big dance.

Thanks for sharing your story bro. I'm right there with you and your Grams.

I've been lucky enough to see all of the Superbowls, and it's really something. Keep the faith, we'll be back there soon! Go 9ers!
Coach Singletary has assured the ownership that Superbowl 45 is ours to lose. The senior management with blessing from the ownership has rewarded coach Singletary with an extra bonus of $75k. Unprecedented in team history. $30k up front and $45k when the ownership raise the Lombardi trophy.
[ Edited by jed_york on Feb 10, 2010 at 2:46 AM ]

Cool story. If we had more stories like this, and presented it straight up to the team as a whole, to basically let them know the faithful believe, and more or less give them a purpose to really strive to make the SB,that would be awsome. Call it "FOR THE FAITHFUL" season. I've been a fan since '88, and I look forward to another SB run soon.

Everything in bold is similar to me being 18 i've been going to games since the 92 NFC championship game as a lap baby..my grandparents have been taking me to games since we've got season tickets and it would be extremely special to me to be able to share a superbowl victory with my grandparents. fortunately my grandparents are in their late 60's so i've still got 15-20 more seasons (God Willing) to hopefully win at least 1 more. WillistheWall i'm with you bro

Niners 2010!!

Glad you can identify with me, well sort of. I'd be more glad if you got to see the superbowls and stuff, but yeah sort of similar situations. You're lucky though, you probably will get to see the 9ers win another superbowl with atleast 1 of them alive in the next 20 years. We'd have to be Detroit Lions-esque bad not to get atleast close in that time frame. You're also lucky you go to the games, still waiting for my first 9er game. But dang man, I mean the Saints were 8-8, they did it. Why can't we? I mean yeah there are reasons we can't but if the team can overcome them that'd be really special

If we get an O-line and stay healthy i think this team will be very dangerous next year.

I agree with you both & can't wait until the 49ers win the Superbowl again!
Tell you what willis...

If the niners go to the superbowl and win you have to go down on a chick till she cums
Share 49ersWebzone