There are 225 users in the forums

Come on Joe

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Joe doesn't like publicity and doesn't do too good with media... not everyone is like Jerry and Steve.

+2

Let's also not forget that its a different ownership regime. If it were Eddie D running the show still and he asked Joe to do something, Joe would do.

Why should Joe have affinity for the Yorks who sided with Paraag over Bill Walsh. Bill and Eddie were like fathers to him. He'd do anything for them.

Joe doesn't owe us or the team anything. He gave everything he had when he was on the field. He has had several post career surgeries and was in the Chronicle article about NFL vets and healthcare. He is passionate about that.

Mostly, he likes his horses and his kids.

I don't care if he sues people or wanted 100K for an appearance.

He never threw a pick six to lose a Super Bowl.

Exactly, what more should we ask of this guy? He mangled his body to an unspeakable threshold (returning from back injuries/concussions most players of today would throw in the towel to).

THE GUY LEAD US TO 4 f**kING LOMBARDI TROPHIES, and it came with a price. It cost Joe his first marriage, tons of years away from his con-current wife/kids, and as you mentioned above, tons of post-career surgeries. -The guy gave his life for the love of the game (not to mention his emotions for the cutthroat ends of business itself), what more does Joe have to give?

In fact I'm happier Joe isn't in the limelight, cause I wouldn't want him to pull this Steve Young "me, me, me" bs where he rants and raves for the 100th time about getting the monkey off his back (seriously Steve, grow up).
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Joe, GREAT QB and the best ever when he played. The game was tougher on a QB back then and he was an absolute champion for us but I liked Steve Youngs personality better and I think from what I have hear Joe is pretty much an arsehole now and has been for a while now. Not being there for Jerry was very small of him. Shows he is not very centered as a human being.

Shows he's not an attention whore....

Shows he is too stubborn to be with and support a great and LEGENDARY teammate. Great QB, certainly..the best.

Go niners!
WTF, i see joe with the 49ers alot, on tv alot, always around. dont know wtf u guys are b***hing about
Originally posted by Ramp19Stoner:
Really? Joe doesn't owe us or the orginization anything! Why do sports fans have such a sense of entitlement? It's the other way around, the fans and the Niners owe Joe everything! Joe should be able to live his life anyway he wants! Especially without getting judged by the fans that he gave a dynasty to! What.........he hasn't done enough for the Niners and Niner fans?

COME ON MAN!!!

~ He doesn't owe us anything.
~ We don't owe him anything either.
The bottom line is Joe Montana is a total d*ck. He's all about the money, if there is no profit for him, nothing is worth his time. He didn't even show up to the superbowl a couple years ago when they were honoring all the Superbowl MVP's because they wouldn't pay him any money. He doesn't care about the fans, or anybody for that matter but himself.
Originally posted by dave1003:
The bottom line is Joe Montana is a total d*ck. He's all about the money, if there is no profit for him, nothing is worth his time. He didn't even show up to the superbowl a couple years ago when they were honoring all the Superbowl MVP's because they wouldn't pay him any money. He doesn't care about the fans, or anybody for that matter but himself.

Sometimes I forget this is a 49er fan site.
He has a family and a life beyond football now. He sold his ranch in Napa and lives in So Cal now so his boys could go to a private school and major in football. Let it be.
Member Milestone: This is post number 900 for 804Niner.
For some reason, whenever I see this topic, I always think we are talking about Joe Cohen...
Share 49ersWebzone