LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 394 users in the forums

To keep or not to Keep: David Baas

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Alright fellas go at it.

I say that we should first try to sigh Dahl from Atlanta or Snee from the Gmen.

If not then we resign him
[ Edited by 49erman5692 on Jan 29, 2010 at 9:36 AM ]
NOPE! One name for ya:

Mike Iupati
Absolutely! Are you kidding me?

For depth!!!

Keep for a one year tender. He'll be cheap and will at the very least add depth.
Originally posted by wailers15:
NOPE! One name for ya:

Mike Iupati

would you spend a First on him???

Because we have two bigger needs than G.

We need a RT and a KR
Originally posted by NinerGM:
As I've said in a War Room thread, it's almost a certainty Baas will be kept at least for depth. No team is going to match Niners offer as a RFA (some team would have to come up with a 2nd) for a OG who has a injury history and not performed consistently well during his tenure. He'll come very cheap. If anyone is expendable it's Tony Wragge who apparently couldn't beat Baas despite poor play at times.

good point but i would rather have an experienced vet come in and dominate
for depth yes, but as a starter no

we need a dominating LG, and Baas has never been close to a dominating LG, steady and reliable yes, but we need some talent at the position as well as RT to solidify the offensive line and allow us to finally run the ball with some damn authority
Yes keep him for depth. but still go out and get a FA to start.
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
Alright fellas go at it.

To be honest I do not think Snee is not going anywhere, he is Coughlin's son in law and the coach's pet. They will most likely resign him.

That being said, Baas won't be a bad option as a backup like the prior posters have said; just not a starter.
Snee is too valueable for the Giants to let go. Plus Snee is the son-in-law of the coach.

Originally posted by ninrzrule:
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
Alright fellas go at it.

To be honest I do not think Snee is not going anywhere, he is Coughlin's son in law and the coach's pet. They will most likely resign him.

That being said, Baas won't be a bad option as a backup like the prior posters have said; just not a starter.

okay so what about former niner Harvey Dahl
Simple, Keep Baas for the RFA tender, a no brainer. If another team signs him to a deal, the niners would gladly take a second round pick for him.

If not, lets see what Solari and Ray Brown can do with him.

To build you need to improve talent, the niners need a RT and KR, a guard would only be replacing not building.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Simple, Keep Baas for the RFA tender, a no brainer. If another team signs him to a deal, the niners would gladly take a second round pick for him.

If not, lets see what Solari and Ray Brown can do with him.

To build you need to improve talent, the niners need a RT and KR, a guard would only be replacing not building.

good point
Share 49ersWebzone