LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 362 users in the forums

Wembley Head Count

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Does anyone know how much the tickets are?
+3
Tickets range from £35 (restricted view) to £399 (club seats w/ hospitality of some sort.)

Realistically, £70 gets you endzone upper, £80 sideline upper, £100 sideline lower. see ticketmaster.co.uk for full details
[ Edited by London9er on Jan 29, 2010 at 8:22 AM ]
Me and the wifey are going. We might as well use this game as an excuse to party in Europe for a week and a half. Count me in +1.
Hei BrianUK, or any other UK WZer's,
With tickets confirmed, I decided to look into
lodging; back-up, just in case my London contact'
flat isn't available. I'd like to book as soon as possible,
and have the matter done save air travel.

At the moment, their (Premier Inn Wembley) offering
for 1 room (2 persons), checking-in Thursday evening
...checking-out Monday, totaled £180/€207. I did a the
reservation-walk-through so to speak, at their website.

I'm more concerned though, about the logistics of travel,
therefore this question - is it better to book a place closer
to the Game-Day venue, and travel back and forth, while
seeing some of London, on Friday and Saturday ?

Or, would I be best served to book more Central London,
and travel The Underground 12 miles to Wembley on Game-Day?

Thanx for any advise/tips, in advance
I used the Tube to get home last season and it was really well organised, there are regular trains back to anywhere within London. There's really nothing to do at Wembley, so my advice would be to stay in town somewhere more Central and then you'll find much more to do on the Thursday-Saturday and if you do want to head to the stadium to have a look around, you can always grab the Tube to Wembley. Prices may be a little more expensive, but worth it in my opinion.
Originally posted by BrianUKNiner:
I used the Tube to get home last season and it was really well organised, there are regular trains back to anywhere within London. There's really nothing to do at Wembley, so my advice would be to stay in town somewhere more Central and then you'll find much more to do on the Thursday-Saturday and if you do want to head to the stadium to have a look around, you can always grab the Tube to Wembley. Prices may be a little more expensive, but worth it in my opinion.

Thank you for the input. Logistics, and ease of movement, plus overall
enjoyment, seemingly win out over cost in this case. Had too ask though;
I was following a link from the TicketMaster website. I figured, wouldn't
hurt any to give it a check.

Can you direct me, toward buying a Metro (Underground combo type)
travel card. Looking for something that allows for Multiple-Transit-Type-
Usage, (like that used by residents), but more short term, and geared
toward accommodating visitors ?
im going + 1

If i fly through Heathrow im staying in a hotel in Paddington, near the center. I would not want to stay in a hotel near the stadium.
Originally posted by Niners99:
i really hope the Americans who are going are making it part of a europe vacation.

unless youre filthy rich of course. even then....i dunno if 13 hours on a plane is worth the trip when the Niners play 7 other perfectly good games locally.

Yeah and you could go to 6 more away games in 13 hours of travel.
I will let you know at 2am on monday. If I get tix, me and wifey will ne there!

I'm coming down from Manchester plus 2. Taking the train the day of the game and probably just slumming around until I can get a train back as hotels are expensive and will most likely be all booked up anyway.
Originally posted by Icelandic49er:
im going + 1

If i fly through Heathrow im staying in a hotel in Paddington, near the center. I would not want to stay in a hotel near the stadium.

What's wrong with hotel by the stadium?
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Icelandic49er:
im going + 1

What's wrong with hotel by the stadium?

Nothing to do I suppose... Its like staying at a Hotel in Milbrae rather than Union Square.
we're going to spain and france for a month this summer. If I hadn't already droped a bundle on that vacation I go in a heart beat.
I lived in the UK from 1989 to 1997, I have both American friends and British friends currently living in the UK. Bonus, my wife is British. Double Bonus, I am a current 49er season ticket holder and I will also be going to the 9 home games. What am I saying here.

I am flying from San Jose, Ca to London on Thursday, arrive Friday morning, partying with Friends the whole weekend, watching the game on Sunday, I have both a General Admission ticket and am going to score a Club seat ticket Also. I'm also going to to get tickets to the NFL's version of trying to throw a tailgate party. Why? Because, it's all part of Life and Adventure! Flying home on Monday! 5 days, airfare, game day tickets, hotels or bum a sleeping place at friends....Priceless!!!!! That's 5 exclamation points for 5 SuperBowl Wins!
Share 49ersWebzone