There are 200 users in the forums

Chilo At R.T?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
PLEASE don't flame me, BUT when Chilo was first drafted by us, there was talk of him playing at R.T. at some point. Do any of you think he MIGHT play better there at least as a back-up? Could he be better than Synder NOW?
Don't ask us--there's nothing we can do.

Why don't you call Sing up and let him know yourself?
Originally posted by stevenking57:
PLEASE don't flame me, BUT when Chilo was first drafted by us, there was talk of him playing at R.T. at some point. Do any of you think he MIGHT play better there at least as a back-up? Could he be better than Synder NOW?

i would like him at RT someday.
He needs to show he can play guard first imo before we can put him against defensive ends or olb's.

[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Jan 23, 2010 at 19:49:11 ]
Bad feet and no cojones= backup G.
Chilo Rachal is more suited for standing on the sideline and watching. He is the new member of the "Kwame Harris and Jaime Brown" category linemen club.
maybe if he trains for a while but i would perfer himm to play G i think hes a decent RG with lots of upside
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
He needs to show he can play guard first imo before we can put him against defensive ends or olb's.

no s**t! thank you. what a joke of a ?
He has shown bits and pieces of some quality. We won't know for sure until Solari gets a chance to work with him. But moving him to RT, at this stage of his career would not be helpful to him or us. We need quality on the RT. It would be nice to get Davis and Iupati to shore up the line or Davis/Bulaga/Williams and then Carter. Or perhaps Saffold/Carter. I don't really care as long as the make a serious effort to get some serious help on the OLine this draft. But RAchal at RT - No.
too slow, bad feet and instincts, not athletic enough

Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Don't ask us--there's nothing we can do.

Why don't you call Sing up and let him know yourself?
Very insightful! It must have taken you a lot of brain power to think that up! WOW!
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
McCloughan said that Rachal has the ability to play RT and OG.

He also said that Balmer can play Nose Tackle...

Don't buy into all the PR BS McCloughan puts out and small experiments in training camp. Otherwise, we should get Cody Pickett to play RT. Couldn't be worse than Snyder...
Originally posted by smashmouth51:
too slow, bad feet and instincts, not athletic enough

this
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
Chilo Rachal is more suited for standing on the sideline and watching. He is the new member of the "Kwame Harris and Jaime Brown" category linemen club.

Lets not go there yet. Give him another year at least.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
OG is easier to play than OT. Rachal struggled at OG so putting him at tackle would only create a catastrophe out of an already bad situation.

You nailed it .......
Share 49ersWebzone