LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 204 users in the forums

Re-tooled Q, could this become the best SF Defensive Unit Ever?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I would not put last years Niner defense in the top 10 of all time. Its an insult to Ronnie Lott, Fred Dean, Charles Haley, and the many GREAT defensive players of the 80s and 90s to even think this team is comparable. Hell.. the Niners of the early 70s under Dick Nolan that had Cedrick Hardman , Bruce Taylor, and Tommy Hart were far better as well.
hucklberry you're killing me!
  • Chief
  • Veteran
WTF, how old are you?
This has nothing to do with anything. But its awesome.

Even Reon Kadena is saying no...I think.

If so wtf is the pass rush? In the mid to late 90's it came from two DTs with experienced veteran rush ends corralling any attempt to leave the pocket. They would only rush 4 and have very good sack totals. THOSE were really good defenses. And even they had weaknesses.

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Is Patrick Willis the best 49ers defensive player ever ?

In a word.... NO. Ronnie Lott was the greatest defensive 49er player ever. Let PW win a few titles, play in several pro bowls, and be as feared as Lott before you even try and put him in that category.

He would also have to cut a finger off to compete.
Not even close. This year's defense was middle of the road, at best, with some promise for next year. But in no way does this defense stand up to the defenses from the 80's or 90's.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

Personally, for me, I think this one sums it up best.
Share 49ersWebzone