LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Which coach would you rather NOT lose?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which coach would you rather NOT lose?

If we lost raye it would be a set back but not as big of a set back as if we lost manusky, our defense is a complicated system that is three years in the making. Alot of our players are system players that fit our system and might not be as affective in another system. This would set us back three years instead of one if we lost raye.
aw, just fire em all.
Originally posted by jones49:
Manusky and Johnson I'd prefer to keep but everyone else is replaceable.
Originally posted by 49faithful_sik:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
With the recent news that one of our coaches is being requested for an interview, who would you most NOT like to see leave?

I personally would not like to see Raye leave - it's a hard decision between him and Manusky. If Raye does leave, then I don't think that we're headed anywhere next year. I don't think Johnson is ready to step in as OC just yet.

-9fA

isn't Sullivan WRs?

Yes, good catch. Don't know why I put QB.

-9fA
I'd love to replace Raye with a young, innovative O.C. who knows how to create a passing attack, BUT having another O.C. at this point would just set us back another year...again!
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
With the recent news that one of our coaches is being requested for an interview, who would you most NOT like to see leave?

I personally would not like to see Raye leave - it's a hard decision between him and Manusky. If Raye does leave, then I don't think that we're headed anywhere next year. I don't think Johnson is ready to step in as OC just yet.

-9fA

Manusky easily! Once Nolan left and he had reign over the D the schemes got better, players were put in position to play their strengths ie. I.Soap/A.Franklin/J.Smith.
ITT monday morning quarterbacks....

who can we fire?

who should we keep?

who else can we fire?
either Manusky or Mike Johnson. probably Manusky.

those seem to be our best up and coming position coaches.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
I voted Tomsula, but clearly it's JIMMY RAYE. He gives a better interview than attack oppposing defenses. Remember we are the only team not to score a first drive TD.
The results of this poll surprise me. I personally think Manusky is an "ok" coach, but nothing special. He lacks innovation and imagination in his schemes. Decent coach, but nothing special, and certainly not the coach I would least like to lose. I think Tomsula is more valuable to the team than Manusky, but thats just me.

• jaghetersofie
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by WINiner:
The results of this poll surprise me. I personally think Manusky is an "ok" coach, but nothing special. He lacks innovation and imagination in his schemes. Decent coach, but nothing special, and certainly not the coach I would least like to lose. I think Tomsula is more valuable to the team than Manusky, but thats just me.

I agree. I also think Johnson is valuable to this offense's future. If Johnson is getting a job offer the 49ers should offer him the OC position and keep Raye as an offensive assistant where he can help Johnson but wouldn't directly be calling the plays.
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
Jimmy Raye. I would miss the dazzling three and outs and the stellar 27th ranked offense if god forbid he ever left.

lmao! you got that right! It's one thing to keep continuity with gifted offensive masterminds, then keeping conitinuity with incompetent coaches that doesnt have a direction for the offense or which players should be playing more.

[ Edited by sj49er408 on Jan 20, 2010 at 05:29:22 ]
Share 49ersWebzone