There are 242 users in the forums

NEW ALT. UNIFORMS

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Come up with something original not these old meh ones.
remember the new logo they rolled out in the 90s that people did a new coke freakout on?? i liked them, still a infamous picture of eddie posing with the helmet somewhere out there
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

cc forgot to say.. some fans think if we wear retro uniforms. jimmy will become steve young of 94 and the nfl will cower in fear of us
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by cciowa:

cc forgot to say.. some fans think if we wear retro uniforms. jimmy will become steve young of 94 and the nfl will cower in fear of us

Right

It's funny tho they rollout the same old crap from years ago and everybody gets excited.

Try something new
Originally posted by kdoggie:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Hate the shadows

Bruh. I guess you weren't around for that magical 1994 season.

I was around for 1980s more magical moments. 1994 was great, but my heart is in the 80s. Give me the 1988 bengals superbowl jerseys
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Mar 8, 2021 at 12:14 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Yeah, the shadowing on the numbers is getting old - if your going to change it, go back to the shiny pants and simple numbering and 3 stripes on the jerseys.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 8, 2021 at 12:32 PM ]
Hate the shadows

the 85 team and the 89 team would have beat the 94 team. to many fans have no appreciation of what happened before the 94 over rated team that was basically bought unlike other teams before them

This is exactly correct.
Those are 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
always reminds me of this game

i sure did like the new logo they rolled out for three days in 94ish before the fans revolted

That was around Feb 1991...right after the failed 3-peat and when Joe got hurt, and Ronnie Lott & Roger Craig were basically released (left unprotected in plan B free agency). A lot of people were still pissed off from the loss to NYG, so to trot out that stupid redesigned helmet after the traumatic NFCCG was not very well thought out by the PR dept...

...the only thing they kept from the planned 49ers brand-redesign was switching to solid red socks for the 1991 season.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
always reminds me of this game

Great results,,,absolute hideous uniforms

• DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Hate the shadows

the 85 team and the 89 team would have beat the 94 team. to many fans have no appreciation of what happened before the 94 over rated team that was basically bought unlike other teams before them

Ok, boomer

cc said nothing wrong. had to buy young a defense and that led to salary cap hell later

"Had to buy him a defense" lol good lord
norton,. dent who had his leg broke by norton. sanders.. and then our pass rush still sucked. had we not sweet talked tim harris back. we never would have won the super bowl in my opinion. i love young.. i think we just should have kept joe. trade young for derick thomas. that would have fixed the defense and we never would have had to go into salary cap hell

That right there explains the premise of your entire rant. Niners made the right move keeping Young. It kept the dynasty alive until 1998. If Montana remained starter, there were no guarantees.
I'm way more concerned about what's wearing the uniform. I don't care if they're designed by Gucci. If the players aren't good enough then it makes no difference. I wish they would quit screwing around with the uniforms when they already have one of the best looking in the NFL. It's all about mo' money, mo' money.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DrEll:
That right there explains the premise of your entire rant. Niners made the right move keeping Young. It kept the dynasty alive until 1998. If Montana remained starter, there were no guarantees.
you trade young. you get thomas. then the team keeps lott. keeping lott and montana insures you keep haley. then you never would have to bring in tim harris and his car never would have gotten peed on. thomas never would have died. up till 94, young could never win the big game. joe would have. then you groom bono who looked exactly like joe when he dropped back. you never have to buy a defense. and by dumping young... that would have forced the niners to address the running back thing after ricky left... speaking of f**k ups. they let young be the best running back on the team for four years till kirby came along.

Right

It's funny tho they rollout the same old crap from years ago and everybody gets excited.

Try something new

That's literally the purpose every team does throwbacks. Lol
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by DrEll:
Hate the shadows

Ok, boomer

cc said nothing wrong. had to buy young a defense and that led to salary cap hell later

"Had to buy him a defense" lol good lord
norton,. dent who had his leg broke by norton. sanders.. and then our pass rush still sucked. had we not sweet talked tim harris back. we never would have won the super bowl in my opinion. i love young.. i think we just should have kept joe. trade young for derick thomas. that would have fixed the defense and we never would have had to go into salary cap hell

Do you guys remember nothing? Joe was hurt, took time to mend, came back and played, what, one game for us? And then was shipped because it was Young's time. Joe heads to KC, does well, but not Tom Brady--well enough, and loses to the Bills and retires. Woulda, shoulda, coulda, is great and all, but Joe Cool's better days were long over.
Share 49ersWebzone