There are 213 users in the forums

Michael Crabtree 2009 Rookie Season Video

Shop Find 49ers gear online
GREAT video!
AWESOMEE!!

thanks man
Originally posted by smashmouth51:
now if Alex can start bending his front knee(instead of locking it) when he throws Crabs won't need a step ladder to catch 1/3 of the balls thrown to him. He could of had another 100-150 yds.

Alex said that this off season he will devote a lot of time to better his mechanics.
Marvin--great video/good music! I can see you spent some time on this puppy. There can be no doubt that Crabtree has BIG HANDS. He's going to be real special in the years to come--Thanks for sharing
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
now if Alex can start bending his front knee(instead of locking it) when he throws Crabs won't need a step ladder to catch 1/3 of the balls thrown to him. He could of had another 100-150 yds.

Alex said that this off season he will devote a lot of time to better his mechanics.

when did he say this?
I like the point about him playing out of control. I remember when i played receiver I would try to run every route as fast as i could, but that resulted in poor routes and drops. I was thinking to much and trying to hard. Once the game slows down for him and he gets under control look out. I could see us with a pro bowl TE, WR, and RB next year.

Now if the QB can get his accuracy under control. Crabs should of had 700 yds and 5tds
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:

when did he say this?

i read it somewhere maybe from one of the matts. i guess he said since he wont have a new offense to learn next year he will have more time to work on his mechanics. maybe he fixes that bending of the knee thing he has. its funny how everyone on the zone jump on him about it after Jaws pointed it out a while back on MNF.
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
I like the point about him playing out of control. I remember when i played receiver I would try to run every route as fast as i could, but that resulted in poor routes and drops. I was thinking to much and trying to hard. Once the game slows down for him and he gets under control look out. I could see us with a pro bowl TE, WR, and RB next year.

Now if the QB can get his accuracy under control. Crabs should of had 700 yds and 5tds

to be fair, we don't know if crabtree ran the route exactly as smith expected resulting in him being either ahead or behind where he should be.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:

to be fair, we don't know if crabtree ran the route exactly as smith expected resulting in him being either ahead or behind where he should be.

No...it is always Smith's fault...didn't you know this already?

Seriously though, it was a great stroke of luck that the Crypt Keeper has this insane fascination with 40 times. Once he and Smith get it together, I think they will both flourish.
As I recall it, Jaws observation about Alex's locked leg was when Alex was playing with his separated shoulder. It was obvious even to me - but not to Nolan - that Alex was suffering out there. Mechanics was the last thing on his mind then.

This locked leg thing is alot like the old adage "Once you get a reputation for getting up late, it doesn't do any good to get up early."

I studied this highlight piece and I do not see any locked legs. Many times Alex was on the run and had to throw when his legs were going every which way but down.

Originally posted by excelsior:
As I recall it, Jaws observation about Alex's locked leg was when Alex was playing with his separated shoulder. It was obvious even to me - but not to Nolan - that Alex was suffering out there. Mechanics was the last thing on his mind then.

This locked leg thing is alot like the old adage "Once you get a reputation for getting up late, it doesn't do any good to get up early."

I studied this highlight piece and I do not see any locked legs. Many times Alex was on the run and had to throw when his legs were going every which way but down.

Thank you. People need to really stop with this "locking the leg" stuff.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Thank you. People need to really stop with this "locking the leg" stuff.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Thank you. Alex needs to really stop with this "locking the leg" stuff.

-9fA

I was really hard on the kid for the hold out, but he has some serious talent.

Look how easily he gets open. He knows just the right time and place to move to get seperation. He isn't a burner but he times his jumps well and has spiderman like body control. He is going to be very very special. Now we just need a legit number 2.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I was really hard on the kid for the hold out, but he has some serious talent.

Look how easily he gets open. He knows just the right time and place to move to get seperation. He isn't a burner but he times his jumps well and has spiderman like body control. He is going to be very very special. Now we just need a legit number 2.

morgan is close to being a number 2. his hands need to improve.
I hope to see more of Hill and Jones. lets put that speed to good use.
Share 49ersWebzone