LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 189 users in the forums

Looks like al is done.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Foerster better be next.
i dont know about you guys but the departure or (unsigning) of special teams coordinator Al Everest imo is a bad decision on behalf of sing and mcclueless. yeah we didnt do jack s**t in terms of returns but our kickoff cover and especially our punt cover teams were among the best in the league. i felt more and more comfortable week by week with when we had to punt, not giving up big st plays and so forth. also we did block what 3 or 4 field goals inside of 2 years? your thoughts?

[ Edited by montananinerfan on Jan 8, 2010 at 15:12:18 ]
Something had to be done and Sing/McCloughan aren't exactly going to hold themselves responsible for screwing up our PR game this year by letting go of Rossum with no backup, or more importantly not even giving Spurlock a shot.

Everest has always been one of the best ST coaches in the league, just look at our godly kicking game and our coverage units ever since he's been around.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Thats so like 3 days ago.
unhappy with the ol coach not being fired yet!
Originally posted by znk916:
Something had to be done and Sing/McCloughan aren't exactly going to hold themselves responsible for screwing up our PR game this year by letting go of Rossum with no backup, or more importantly not even giving Spurlock a shot.

Everest has always been one of the best ST coaches in the league, just look at our godly kicking game and our coverage units ever since he's been around.

Spurlock was nursing an injury so they could not give him a shot. Just to clear that misconception up.

Everything else I completely agree with.

~Ceadder
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

Spurlock was nursing an injury so they could not give him a shot. Just to clear that misconception up.

Everything else I completely agree with.

~Ceadder

How do you know this ?
when brian jennings was on knbr he said he would really miss everest and he had nothing but good things to say about him. u could tell he didnt agree with the firing without saying as much.

the only part of our st that sucked was the return game for pr/kr and that was due to letting rossum go. we have a pro bowl punter, solid fg kicker, and great coverage on punts and kickoffs. i cant remember the last time we gave up a kickoff or punt return for a TD.

Still trying to figure out who's call was it to get rid of Rossum.

• Mex49
Originally posted by lamontb:

Still trying to figure out who's call was it to get rid of Rossum.

I know it wasn't Everest's.
Originally posted by montananinerfan:
i dont know about you guys but the firing of special teams coordinator Al Everest imo is a bad decision on behalf of sing. yeah we didnt do jack s**t in terms of returns but our kickoff cover and especially our punt cover teams were among the best in the league also we did block what 3 or 4 punts inside of 2 years. your thoughts?

i agree, he was a scapegoat to cover sing from getting rid of rossum.
what has rossum done since he left?
Wasn't Rossum cut due to injury? I do not think the coach should have been fired, we just needed a returner, not a new coach.
what has rossum done since he left?
Share 49ersWebzone