LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

One thing to be happy about

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9erfreak:
Not replacing Singletary, Smith or Raye should make me happy? Makes me want to the more I think about it.

replacing them should make you want to if only you would think about it.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Not replacing Singletary, Smith or Raye should make me happy? Makes me want to the more I think about it.

Ummm wrong keeping Singletary for another pathetic season is a terrible mistake, and I have been forced to think about it every other week as this team is incapable of playing football until the 3rd quarter on numerous occassions this season.

Ummm wrong keeping Singletary for another pathetic season is a terrible mistake, and I have been forced to think about it every other week as this team is incapable of playing football until the 3rd quarter on numerous occassions this season.

Originally posted by 49ers1:
Originally posted by cutbarlow:
We're not replacing Singletary, Smith, Raye, or McCloughan. Good or bad, we're not replacing them. The good thing is, though, even if we don't live up to expectations next year, we still have one heck of a lot more talent on the team than when Nolan first started. We've got a lot of good pieces to build a perennial contender if we make the right moves.

wait, you do know that barlow is gone, right?

Haha
Originally posted by fister30:
We're not replacing Singletary, Smith, Raye, or McCloughan. Good or bad, we're not replacing them. The good thing is, though, even if we don't live up to expectations next year, we still have one heck of a lot more talent on the team than when Nolan first started. We've got a lot of good pieces to build a perennial contender if we make the right moves.

Some things never stop being true or necessary. Barlow should be cut no matter what he is doing in life at this moment.

I know this thread isn't about Barlow. But what happend to that dirt bag after we sent him packing? Is he even still playing? Man, that dude lost it after his rookie year. A thousand yards to just plain ole garbage.
Originally posted by LanceQ:

Some things never stop being true or necessary. Barlow should be cut no matter what he is doing in life at this moment.

I know this thread isn't about Barlow. But what happend to that dirt bag after we sent him packing? Is he even still playing? Man, that dude lost it after his rookie year. A thousand yards to just plain ole garbage.

Quote:
In August 2006 Barlow was traded to the New York Jets for a fourth-round draft pick. He then caused a controversy when he compared San Francisco 49ers coach Mike Nolan to Nazi Dictator Adolf Hitler. Barlow told the Contra Costa Times that Nolan "walks around with a chip on his shoulder, like he's a dictator, like he's Hitler."[1] Barlow quickly called back the paper and apologized for his comments.

Originally posted by chico49erfan:

LMFAO

Well you haven't thought about it enough, or you are incapable of being rational about it. You think firing everyone after one season and throwing every bit of continuity out the window is the answer? After a potential 8-8 season which hasn't been accomplished in 7 years? If you haven't noticed a vast improvement, then I don't know what to tell you, other than maybe you should pay more attention.
  • Envy
  • Veteran

Well you haven't thought about it enough, or you are incapable of being rational about it. You think firing everyone after one season and throwing every bit of continuity out the window is the answer? After a potential 8-8 season which hasn't been accomplished in 7 years? If you haven't noticed a vast improvement, then I don't know what to tell you, other than maybe you should pay more attention.

The glory years are gone and with every season the shadow we once cast over this entire game fades. 8-8 would not have been sufficient in the Walsh era but these are not Bill's 9ers. We must take the small victories when they are presented because to tear it all down again may further push us into obscurity.

Foundations must be made. I don't believe Singletary or Raye will ever return us to our rightful place but we have to build. Only then will luck favour us and, permitting, give us the correct men to lead a TEAM to the play offs once more.

I "think" being satisfied with .500 is not acceptable. I'm not requesting "firing everyone" just the HC who lacks ability to Head Coach.

Vast improvement? We were 7-9 in 2006 and might end up 8-8 this year thats vast improvement? Maybe I should pay more attention to the small accomplishments but in the end doesn't it all come down to wins Vs losses in this league?

All I am saying is there are numerous EXPERIENCED, proven Head coaches available right now and if grabbing one sets us back 1-2 years so we can be competitive and still playing games past week 17 for 10+ years to come than so be it.

FYI I play very close attention to the Niners every year since 1981 so please don't bash me because your opinion differs from mine. I didn't call for your daddy to be fired so don't get so easily offended.

Share 49ersWebzone