LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 418 users in the forums

1000 X 4 Congrats Gore!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
There is no doubt, Frank Gore is the greatest San Francisco 49ers running back in team history. That is true. And it isn't close.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I uploaded the gif myself

FWANK!!! FWANK!!!

slightly bigger gif
[ Edited by crzy on Dec 27, 2009 at 10:09 PM ]
All gore needs is ONE big ugly that can pave the road and he will run all day long.
Originally posted by okdkid:
There is no doubt, Frank Gore is the greatest San Francisco 49ers running back in team history. That is true. And it isn't close.

come on now
  • Luca
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Thizz415:

x 2.
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
All gore needs is ONE big ugly that can pave the road and he will run all day long.

Remember when we had a slightly washed up Larry Allen?
He is the man!

My buddy (who is a Raiders fan) began a football argument between us with "Frank Gore is not even that good." Needless to say I did not continue the conversation from that point on because he either had absolutely no idea of what he was talking about, or was not taking our conversation seriously.
Congrats to Frank Gore!!! An amazing job despite injuries, OL and play calling. Imagine how many yards and TD's he could have gained behind a better offensive line....... Gore is way too valueable to this team, and I hope those that think we should trade him start to realize that.......
Originally posted by Giggiddy:
Thanks to me... it's cuz I'm wearin his jersey today
Congrats Gore!!

as was i. authentic home, older version.

it may now be out of date, but it still works.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by okdkid:

come on now

I can't really agree with you on this. Frank is good, but we have had some good running backs before. Roger Craig (SB winner), Ricky Watters (SB winner) and Garrison Hearst.

Roger should be in the HOF, but the two fumbles he had against the Giants in the 1990 NFC Championship game is probably being held against him. Those fumbles kept the Niners from a SB "Threepeat". Minus Craig and we may not have won the two before.

Ricky Watters was a butthead, but he was a playmaker. Those that remember him know what I mean........

I really believe that if Hearst hadn't broke his leg against the Falcons in the 98 playoffs, the Niners would have made it to the SB again that year. Hearst was an awesome running back.

IMO Frank is ONE of the best we've had, but not THE best; so far.

He is a great running back and deserves to be recognized as such. 5 years on a s**tty team usually does things to a guy's moral, yet he's managed to show how humble and hungry he still is for the game! I hope he can perform at this level for at least another 5 years so he will get to play in some great playoff games and a championship one day.
Originally posted by BobS:
I think with a 16 game season 1,000 yards is nothing special, that's 62.5 yards a game, BFD.

Okay.

Do me a favor and find the backs in the league who have gone for a grand for four straight years. All of the names you'll find are marquee players. Frank is right there with them.

Better yet, find me a guy that can get a grand with fewer opportunities. Frank has had 15.8 touches per game on average...a full 2.4 carries per game less than the average of all of the backs in the league with 1,000 yards or more.

Still better than that, look at the total carries for back with over 1,000 yards...and you'll find that Frank has 55 carries less than the league average of 261.

Frank is a beast, and that is what it is.
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Originally posted by BobS:
I think with a 16 game season 1,000 yards is nothing special, that's 62.5 yards a game, BFD.

Okay.

Do me a favor and find the backs in the league who have gone for a grand for four straight years. All of the names you'll find are marquee players. Frank is right there with them.

Better yet, find me a guy that can get a grand with fewer opportunities. Frank has had 15.8 touches per game on average...a full 2.4 carries per game less than the average of all of the backs in the league with 1,000 yards or more.

Still better than that, look at the total carries for back with over 1,000 yards...and you'll find that Frank has 55 carries less than the league average of 261.

Frank is a beast, and that is what it is.

Frank hasn't done too bad playing in only 12 of 15 games and in the 3 of the 12 only touching the ball 25 total times. So I look at it as if he has only played 10 games.
Could you imagine how good Frank would be on a real playoff/Superbowl team? What if we put him on the NYG a year or two ago? He is a running backs, running back. He is the definition of SMASH MOUTH FOOTBALL. Nothing pretty, just gets it done. When you consider how slow he really is, Frank must have the best vision of all time....
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Dec 28, 2009 at 9:52 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone