Frank Gore reach 1000 yards
Stick With Alex at QB
Crabtree get a couple more TDs
Vernon Davis break TD mark for TEs
Niners win last 2 and finish 8-8
There are 691 users in the forums
The last two games of 2009
Dec 21, 2009 at 10:04 AM
- valrod33
- Hall of Small
- Posts: 138,120
Dec 21, 2009 at 10:10 AM
- 228niner
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,630
Originally posted by valrod33:
Frank Gore reach 1000 yards
Stick With Alex at QB
Crabtree get a couple more TDs
Vernon Davis break TD mark for TEs
Niners win last 2 and finish 8-8
That sounds good to me, lol not that we really have a choice
Dec 21, 2009 at 10:12 AM
- 49AllTheTime
- Veteran
- Posts: 72,935
1. better play calling (Ex. Trips bunch on the right of Alex not the left)
2. Play Hard in the First half of the game
2. Play Hard in the First half of the game
Dec 21, 2009 at 10:14 AM
- susweel
- Hall of Nepal
- Posts: 122,136
Im probably going to take some heat for this but its needs to be said.
I want to see Alex Smith fail miserably in these last two games. Only reason for that is because then maybe it will convince the decision makers on this team that we need another QB.
I want to see Alex Smith fail miserably in these last two games. Only reason for that is because then maybe it will convince the decision makers on this team that we need another QB.
Dec 21, 2009 at 10:18 AM
- bigmike55
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,474
Originally posted by susweel:
Im probably going to take some heat for this but its needs to be said.
I want to see Alex Smith fail miserably in these last two games. Only reason for that is because then maybe it will convince the decision makers on this team that we need another QB.
Amen brother. I'm sick and tired of the Alex Smith era. Give him the boot already!
Dec 21, 2009 at 10:18 AM
- 415fan
- Veteran
- Posts: 265
Originally posted by susweel:
Im probably going to take some heat for this but its needs to be said.
I want to see Alex Smith fail miserably in these last two games. Only reason for that is because then maybe it will convince the decision makers on this team that we need another QB.
the only problem with a new QB is another whole year of growing and learning pains. unless we can get a proven vet in FA I don't know if I can wait for another year for this team to re-gell. PEACE FROM THE FAN
Dec 21, 2009 at 10:19 AM
- mickey49
- Veteran
- Posts: 488
All I want to see is eight really good quarters from Smith. Not the occasional nice pass to Davis, or Crabtree. Eight really good quarters where Smith can show he's capable of dominating a game with his passing.
I havent given up on Smith. I think he's a good kid and he's done everything the coaching staff has asked him to do as far as practicing, studying film, even taking a paycut. And he's a much different QB than his rookie year and even his 2nd year. But he he's go to show he's capable of taking that next step.
I havent given up on Smith. I think he's a good kid and he's done everything the coaching staff has asked him to do as far as practicing, studying film, even taking a paycut. And he's a much different QB than his rookie year and even his 2nd year. But he he's go to show he's capable of taking that next step.
Dec 21, 2009 at 10:19 AM
- BodhiPaddlesOut
- Veteran
- Posts: 9,850
There isn't much to gain beating two of the leagues worst teams in the final part of the season with zero playoff implications for any of the teams involved.
I see the last game of the year being a trap.
I see the last game of the year being a trap.
Dec 21, 2009 at 10:19 AM
- Thorhawk
- Veteran
- Posts: 16,622
Originally posted by susweel:
Im probably going to take some heat for this but its needs to be said.
I want to see Alex Smith fail miserably in these last two games. Only reason for that is because then maybe it will convince the decision makers on this team that we need another QB.
Super cool awesome idea dude!!!
Dec 21, 2009 at 10:19 AM
- susweel
- Hall of Nepal
- Posts: 122,136
Originally posted by bigmike55:Originally posted by susweel:
Im probably going to take some heat for this but its needs to be said.
I want to see Alex Smith fail miserably in these last two games. Only reason for that is because then maybe it will convince the decision makers on this team that we need another QB.
Amen brother. I'm sick and tired of the Alex Smith era. Give him the boot already!
Yah man, we gave him another chance and he failed. Its time to move on and hitch our wagon to another horse.
Dec 21, 2009 at 10:27 AM
- LambdaChi49
- Veteran
- Posts: 13,368
Originally posted by mickey49:
All I want to see is eight really good quarters from Smith. Not the occasional nice pass to Davis, or Crabtree. Eight really good quarters where Smith can show he's capable of dominating a game with his passing.
I havent given up on Smith. I think he's a good kid and he's done everything the coaching staff has asked him to do as far as practicing, studying film, even taking a paycut. And he's a much different QB than his rookie year and even his 2nd year. But he he's go to show he's capable of taking that next step.
He had "8 really good quarters" in Jacksonville and Seattle.
I thought he played pretty well in Indy as well.
I thought he showed the "next step" in Seattle. We fvcking had that game. LOL I'm still not over that loss. I expected to lose to Philly to be honest. But we HAD that Seattle game. Smith had a great game..drove us down the FIELD TWICE to win only to have Gore fumble, then VD and Crabs drop game winning TD passes.
Dec 21, 2009 at 10:29 AM
- nvninerfan1
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,601
Originally posted by susweel:Originally posted by bigmike55:Originally posted by susweel:
Im probably going to take some heat for this but its needs to be said.
I want to see Alex Smith fail miserably in these last two games. Only reason for that is because then maybe it will convince the decision makers on this team that we need another QB.
Amen brother. I'm sick and tired of the Alex Smith era. Give him the boot already!
Yah man, we gave him another chance and he failed. Its time to move on and hitch our wagon to another horse.
and who would that be. Some washed up veteran that couldn't crack the starting lineup for another team? I think the Raiders tried that.
Some inexperienced backup QB that another team would let go? Oh yea, we did that with Hill?
Some Rookie phenom that Darth Helmet (Mel Kiper) has been promoting?
Or maybe a former Darth Helmet phenom like Brady Quinn or Matt Lienart?
Let's see about another league vet.....CFL, Yea, Cody Pickett. NO. USFL defunct. AFL, like Warner.? No that ones defunct also. How about NFLE? Oh that's right it folded.
Yea, it just looks like quality QBs are just crawling out of the woodwords like maggots. Let's sign two.
Dec 21, 2009 at 10:48 AM
- mayo49
- Veteran
- Posts: 65,216
Unless Alex throws 20 INTS the next 2 games, he's our starting Qb for 2010. We have no better alternative in the draft or free agency. He'll play out 2010 then we'll decide on the Qb then, but until then it's going to be Smith, so get used to it.
Dec 21, 2009 at 10:48 AM
- SonocoNinerFan
- Veteran
- Posts: 17,610
Originally posted by susweel:
Im probably going to take some heat for this but its needs to be said.
I want to see Alex Smith fail miserably in these last two games. Only reason for that is because then maybe it will convince the decision makers on this team that we need another QB.
If he did fail miserably against the 32nd then the 29th ranked defenses in the league Singletary would have to revoke his weak endorsement from yesterday . . . but I don't see that happening.