LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

The only thing left to Salvage

Shop Find 49ers gear online
9ers and Cards is always a competitive game.

Niners win 27-20
Originally posted by djfullshred:
The Cardinals have gotten their sh*t together since that game at the beginning of the season. The 49ers are still in the doldrums, trying to find themselves.

The 49ers beat the Cardinals by knocking Warner around, and winning the time of possesion battle in week 1. If they don't do that again, they are going to get roasted.

It all depends on which Cards team shows up. If we see the week one team, we got a shot. If they play like they did against the Vikings, we will be destroyed.
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by mayo63:
We might not win, but I see another 300 yard passing game for Alex and an exciting competitive game.

not going to happen , they are going to blitz his ass to death !

I can see it happening when he's in the Gun, but just like last game I think he will be primarily out of center having them to account for Gore. If he goes gun, then he has to hit the "Hot" read and he's been successful at it as well, not all the time, but enough.

I hope they do blitz because I expect Billy Davis to do that and expect Alex to counter it well. This is one facet of the game which will determined the outcome. The other is how our D is going to play...4 DBs, 5DBs or 6?

Hmmmmmmm.....
LETS GO NINERS!!!!!!
Warner has thrown for 12 TD's and ZERO INT's in his last three games. Unless someone steps up and drives his old skull into the turf and gives him another concussion, the Niners will not win tonight.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Warner has thrown for 12 TD's and ZERO INT's in his last three games. Unless someone steps up and drives his old skull into the turf and gives him another concussion, the Niners will not win tonight.

Paging Mr. Willis....

Just kidding, wouldn't wish injury on anyone. But I do think the Niners have a better chance than everyone is letting on, it'll be high-scoring but honestly believe we win this one because Arizona doesn't need the win and Singletary will have everyone ready after last weekend's heartbreaker.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
F$ck the Cardinals
NOTE TO SING AND STAFF:

WHEN WE HAVE THE ROCK AND WE'RE UP IN THE LAST 3 MINUTES ON THE 4TH QTR. BE AGGRESSIVE AND THROW THE ROCK FOR 1ST DOWN. PULEEZ DO NOT GIVE THE BALL TO THE CARD'S OFFENSE ON THE FINAL DRIVE.

Then he's overdue for one of his Tard-like performances.

• fryet
  • Veteran
The main thing I want to salvage this season is a non-losing record, i.e. at least 8 and 8. So we can stop seeing that stat where we have the longest consecutive losing streak in the NFL. But it would also be nice to beat the NFC West division leader twice in the same season.

If we had Clements, I would expect a sub-30 scoring game for the Cardinals, since I don't think they have broken 30 since we have had Clements in the lineup. Without Clements, I am really not sure. If Spencer is on Fitzgerald, then I expect Boldin to have a big game.

Incidentally, this game could be the coming out party for Spencer. He has quietly put together a fantastic season. If he can play well against Fitzgerald, I can easily see the MNF announcers singing Spencer's praises and getting him in the talk for Pro Bowl votes - most likely for next year. I remember MNF praising Willis in the early part of his rookie year, and he was nominated to the Pro Bowl. If it weren't for that Monday Night game, I can easily see Willis missing that first Pro Bowl due to lack of name recognition. Let's hope the same can be true for Spencer tonight!

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
i think the cards are gonna smash us. Unless we can get to warner often and early.

I agree. Maybe we can take him out of the game and force Leinert to try and beat us.
Feck the Feckin' Cards. We will win this game, now that there is (nearly) nothing on the line. Same old story...
What we really ought to do is arrange to give Warner another concussion, even if it means one of our players gets thrown out of the game!

One more bad concussion for Warner and he will retire from football, because his family will insist on it.

Once Warner is gone, then the Cardinals will again be a sucky team, and we WILL WIN the division!

Warner is a relic from the past. He is an old man. If we can make him FEEL his age, he will retire!

I am tired of our playing by the rules and getting our asses kicked by bad ref calls, etc. Let's f**k Warner up a lot! Get him out of football!
  • Austin49erFan
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
If Warner has time to throw we're in trouble. He definitely can be rattled.

This is why we need to draft Ndamukong Suh.

Kurt Warner's past 3 played games: 66 completions on 89 attempts (74% accuracy), 828 yards passing with 7 TD passes and 0 interceptions. He's also only been sacked once and lost one fumble.

Alex Smith's past 3 played games: 70 completions on 119 attempts (59% accuracy), 769 yards passing with 7 TDs and 1 interception. He's also been sacked 4 times and has not lost a fumble (or fumbled for that matter).

In my analysis, Warner is obviously playing better, but both are very comparable. Both have one turnover in 3 games, which is a great improvement for Alex. Without those dropped passes, his completions % would be much higher, around 65%. I'm not sure if the Cards have had many dropped passes though. But 74% completion is amazing. We need to get Alex's percentage higher.

All in all, Kurt is not doing much better than Alex. It's the rest of the team. All of the Cardinals are playing like a team getting their jobs done. The 49ers are not. Also, over the past 3 games, the Cardinals (with Warner) have only played the Rams, Seahawks, and the Vikings. The Niners with Alex have played the Green Bay, Jacksonville, and Seattle. In my opinion, the Niners schedule here is a little harder, but not much.

And Warner has thrown for 12 TD passes in 4 games (He had 5 against the Bears), not 3.
Share 49ersWebzone