LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 244 users in the forums

Maiocco speculating that we "could" give up a home game to be played in the UK

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
We get the shaft AGAIN. Come on Jed just say no.

Jed York said that an announcement will be made Super Bowl week about the two teams who gave up home games. He didn't shoot down the rumors
Originally posted by global_nomad:

Jed York said that an announcement will be made Super Bowl week about the two teams who gave up home games. He didn't shoot down the rumors

Jed doesn't decide where we play..

-9fA
if we have a winning record

like 4-1 or 5-1

I wouldnt mind playing a game over there and then getting a bye right after
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Jed doesn't decide where we play..

-9fA

I think his pull as the chair of the NFL International comittee might give him some say.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Esco:
Please no
  • NinerDoug
  • Info N/A
@stupac3uk 2 uk games in '10, with 2 'home' teams agreed.Speculation here SF is 1 of teams.

MattMaiocco: 9ers wouldn't mind giving up game at 'Stick

http://twitter.com/MattMaiocco

I'm not too wild about the idea. It's tough enough traveling to the East Coast. I suppose if we played another Western half of the country team it wouldn't be as bad.
  • Stuuk
  • Veteran
@stupac3uk 2 uk games in '10, with 2 'home' teams agreed.Speculation here SF is 1 of teams.

MattMaiocco: 9ers wouldn't mind giving up game at 'Stick

http://twitter.com/MattMaiocco

Stupac3uk Thats me lol

I asked MM the question on Twitter on Sunday after they announced during the UK TV NFL show that there would be two teams here next year. There is a lot of speculation that the 49ers are one of those teams, but as I said to MM in another Twitter I think a lot of it could be born from John Yorks visbaility amongst the crowds during the Pats/Buc game. He is the Chair of the NFL International Committee which most ppl prob are not aware of.

Although there are some games next year that would appeal to the UK fanbase i.e Cowboys (Hypothetical dependent on teams respective finish) Raiders or Broncos who all have large UK fanbases.

This morning I have also seen something suggesting that Redskins are a probable candidate which makes sense given they arguably have the largest UK fanbase, I guess we will wait and see until they announce something official.
Matt Burrows now reporting on his Twitter feed that there's some legs with this rumour: Niners heading to old country in 2010? http://tinyurl.com/664sfp
I don't get it so for dropping Jets tampering charges and not getting a 1st or 2nd rounder from them we instead get rewarded with losing a home game and have to travel across the world. Sounds fair...
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I don't get it so for dropping Jets tampering charges and not getting a 1st or 2nd rounder from them we instead get rewarded with losing a home game and have to travel across the world. Sounds fair...

I don't think we were ever going to get a first or second round pick to be honest.

I really don't agree with these International Series game, but if we're playing just over 100 miles away I'll have to go and see it even if I think it's wrong.

What I'm really annoyed about right now is I'm starting to plan my holiday next year which will involve coming over there to see a game, also see Cal play and maybe take in the Sharks as well, however, if this Wembley game happens at the wrong time, it could throw a real spanner in the works. :(

Oh and For the Record.

Watching games in the US surrounded by passionate fans of which 99.9 % of people watching understand fully what's going on >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Watching games in England where about 30% of people know exactly what's going on, the rest are just there because it's deemed cool to be there and do the freaking "mexican" wave after drinking 4 pints of watered down gnats piss Aussie lager. (normally whilst the home team are on offense too)
Beautiful.
Matt Burrows suggesting strong rumour in St Louis that the 49ers will "host" either the Cowboys or Eagles in October 2010.
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Fly to london, get our asses kicked, fly back, lose a home game.

f**k this.
If it's the Cowgirls then the crowd will be a 50/50 split, there'll be no homefield advantage at all. :(
Share 49ersWebzone