LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 189 users in the forums

Michael Robinson for PR

Shop Find 49ers gear online
we need to put MRob at PR for the rest of the year. I'm not saying the guy should be our long term answer at PR but I believe he would do an adequte job the rest of the year.

He is a very smart football player we all know he converted from QB in college to RB in the NFL. He is a very good ST player and did ok as the KR.

I don't see MRob doing something stupid like fumbling the ball or screwing up when to call fair catch or get out of the way of the way (ie Jones). I just don't see it.

Battle sucks and fumbles

Jones is clueless

R.Smith scared me when he was back there
I think he should be the starting QB
He looked way to slow...
just keep battle back there.

Unless of course, someone can find that magical, speedy punt returning gem that is hiding on someones practice squad....
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
He looked way to slow...

I know that but at this point who cares? All I want out of the PR spot the rest of the season is no mistakes. Just call fair catch when your supposed to, get out of the freaking way of the way when you supposed to, don't fumble etc.
Move him to FS
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
He looked way to slow...

Yah he is slooooowww
Originally posted by susweel:
He looked way to slow...

Yah he is slooooowww

Yah but the other guys fuuuummmmbbbllllleeeee and don't know what the F they are ddddoooooiiiiinnnnngggggg......so I say put our jack of all trades MRob back there just so we don't lose another game due to our PR spot.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Anyone but B. Jones!! he sucks.
Sometimes I wonder if any of you actually WATCH Michael Robinson on the field. Punt returner? You have to be joking. What in the blue hell makes you think he would be any good? Is it his lack of speed? Lack of agility? Maybe it's the fact he's never fielded a damn punt.

If Battle can't seem to hang on to the ball (and many of you think Battle has GREAT hands, for some reason) what makes you think Robinson can? Due to his lack of explosiveness, agility and speed, punters will boom their kicks as far back as they can without having to worry about giving him too little hang time. He is far from a threat and won't make them pay for it.

I really don't think you understand how the punting game works, on either side of the ball.

Also, I know Battle blows, but we don't have anyone to return punts. They should have thought about that before they cut Rossum.
Not a bright idea.

Why not get someone a little more, oh I dunno, fast?
Originally posted by confusedrhino:
Not a bright idea.

Why not get someone a little more, oh I dunno, fast?

LOL
  • tmg808
  • Info N/A
Keep Battle back there but PR needs to be addressed. IF CJ Spiller fell in the 49ers lap that would be the best thing to ever happen. He gives the 49ers another player who makes big plays on his own. He would be great on kickoff, punt returns, and passing downs.
Lord no. He doesn't belong returning anything.
Share 49ersWebzone