LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 329 users in the forums

Not Winning a Superbowl in Your Lifetime...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Yea I've never seen a winning season as a true niner follower. So I guess you could say im a diehard.
I wish i was old enough to appreciate the Niners beating the Chargers in the SB. I was playing Zelda on the super nintendo while my brothers were watching the game.

How do you think i feel
Watching the 9ers since the late 50's and they were always fun. The team alwyas seemed on the verge and then Walsh took over and we Stanford fans really built up hope.

Management has always been the issue...whether good or bad. Teams can't win without direction and leadership. Nolan Sr. was a good learder but never got over the hump. Walsh was...Walsh! After Walsh the only decent Offensive minds were Mooch and Norv. One lost the players and the other found a better job.

Our current leadership reeks of on-the-job training. But, hope springs eternal. Part of being a fan is enjoying the process of sports (not just the victories) and the hope. Heres to the next five!
i'm faithful till the death whether thats 1 or 10 superbowls
Since success in the NFL is measured in decades, im glad this one is almost over.

Heres to the 20-teens
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
unless you were born in 1995, we have all experienced at least one superbowl as a 9ers fan

I was too young to remember the 94 super bowl.
Originally posted by kidash:
Us older fans were spoiled with the Dynasty Years....

I'll keep on believing till we get our Sixth and more.... I'm a faithful till I die!

dats wtf i'm talkin bout GO NINERS!!!
Originally posted by ZRF80:

Just something to think about folks...............

Thanks, I didn't already know we have sucked for a while, good job explaining it in detail.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by kidash:
Us older fans were spoiled with the Dynasty Years....

I'll keep on believing till we get our Sixth and more.... I'm a faithful till I die!

Same here

They have won 5 suberbowls in my life time. 3 of them I watched and really enjoyed, the others I was to young.

We will get back there one day. Sports is like life, it goes in cycles.

Go talk to fans of Lion, Brown, Hawks, Bills, etc they have a different cycle.
Every team goes through its drought periods. There is no team in sports that are consistently good throughout their existence. Look at the 49ers from 1980 thru 2000 we were great. Thats 20 years of winning football.

this is what being a fan is all about though
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by tn9er:
I have seen all 5 championships and went 18 years without seeing this team have a losing record. Right now we are paying our dues for all those years of success, these are trying times we have been through in the past few years, but our team is getting better, young players are growing and developing. The next step is for this team to learn how to win consistently, just imagine how much better this offense will be once some chemistry has been developed. One good off season and we will be in the thick of things. Putting up with the down years is part of being faithful, you have to stick with your team through thick and thin. There will be good times and bad, you have to take them both and not let either get you too high or lay you too low.

We are paying the price for letting a "NON-KNOWING IDIOT" come in and destroy a time proven system because he thought he was smarter than "Bill Walsh".

If you want to blame someone for the downfall of the niners, place the blame where it belongs...Eddie DeBartolo.

With Carmen Policy right behind.
IN the grand scheme of things, it is worse being a Giants fan. They haven't won since they moved out West - 54 years ago?
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Will you guys knock it off you’re making me feel really old.

Jan. 24, 1982 I was four so yeah but love watching the highlights of people getting to the Silverdome in the snow I have a slight memory of Jan. 20, 1985 what really started the fandom was Jan. 22, 1989 ‘The Drive’ My dad was a big Denver/John Elway fan so Jan. 28, 1990 was one of the greatest days of my fanatic life Jan. 29, 1995 I was a Sr in high school and could tell all my football buddies who gave me crap for being a 9er fan to suck it.
  • Hctr
  • Veteran
I have seen all 5 championships and went 18 years without seeing this team have a losing record. Right now we are paying our dues for all those years of success, these are trying times we have been through in the past few years, but our team is getting better, young players are growing and developing. The next step is for this team to learn how to win consistently, just imagine how much better this offense will be once some chemistry has been developed. One good off season and we will be in the thick of things. Putting up with the down years is part of being faithful, you have to stick with your team through thick and thin. There will be good times and bad, you have to take them both and not let either get you too high or lay you too low.

I've seen all five also , I think you said it best , for sure its disappointing not winning or going to the playoffs or beyond . At this time I feel fortunate were not these teams.

Browns
Texans
Jagaurs
Lions
*Saints
Never played in a Superbowl !
*= Might have to take them off this list at the end of year
Share 49ersWebzone