LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 272 users in the forums

Only 9 Carries?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Frank Gore made a critical mistake when he fumbled on Sunday, but it did not cost us the game. He was attempting to break free from a leg tackle (which should have been blown down, Thank You refs!) when the ball was stripped from his possession. The t/o led to a Seahawks FG that tied the game.I was upset at this play, but then I began to realize that Gore was not given very many chances to help contribute. He was only given 9 carries in our loss to the Hawks, yes ONLY 9! The same guy who gashed the same team in week 2 for 207 YDS! now why wouldnt we at least try to duplicate that success?Since his rookie season in 2005, the 49ers are 15-2 when Gore has 20-or-more carries and 13-4 when he breaks the 100-yard plateau.

[ Edited by prime21 on Dec 7, 2009 at 05:19:05 ]
Some of you around here need to get off Gore's nuts. Seriously. Man is just not all that. Good player but not the "horse" a lot of you around here think he is. Little overrated in my opinion.
Originally posted by VA9erfan:
Some of you around here need to get off Gore's nuts. Seriously. Man is just not all that. Good player but not the "horse" a lot of you around here think he is. Little overrated in my opinion.

Yeah your actually right because any RB in the NFL can gain 207 YDS in one game.
Think you said it best ...........one game........where has he been all the others?
THE ONLY GAME HE WAS GIVEN 20+ CARRIES, WE WON AND HE HAD OVER 100 YDS.
  • lod01
  • Veteran
Originally posted by prime21:
THE ONLY GAME HE WAS GIVEN 20+ CARRIES, WE WON AND HE HAD OVER 100 YDS.

This team is a maojr loser when Frank Gore is not involved.

Let's just go back to the 2007 suckage of that OC, Hostler. Some clown brought in because he knew someone. Gore totally underutilized. Heat is on Nolan who buckles and brings in a consultant before week. After 7 straight losses. Consultant redoes game plan. He directs Dilfer to feed Gore the ball. 11-98 rec. 21-116 rushing and a 37-31 win over Arizona.

Consultant leaves soon after, Frank's utilizations drops over time. Amazing how some of these clowns get employed. Jimmy Raye topping the list.
Everybody wants Alex to air the ball out

Now everybody is b***hing that we don't run enough

Make up your mind people
more gore = win. Problem is, we need to mix it up. once rayle learns that, we'll be okay.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Make up your mind people

I don't think anyone stated that they want to pass the ball at a 5-1 ratio.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Make up your mind people

I don't think anyone stated that they want to pass the ball at a 5-1 ratio.

Nobody was b***hing about it when we played Jacksonville and won

Make up your mind people

The board isn't one giant organism.
He had 9 carries and took them nowhere.

He's had 4 decent runs the whole season.

The run-blocking of this line is just not what it was in 2006.

-9fA
Yes the fumble was his fault and it very much did cost us the game. If you're going to fight for extra yards a least make sure no one can pop the bll out while you're trying to do that. That was an inexcusable play from a veteran like gore in a critical point in the game. He's coughed it up waaay too many times in the 4th quarter during his career here. At the very least a 6 point swing.

[ Edited by AllTimeGreat on Dec 7, 2009 at 08:23:42 ]
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
He had 9 carries and took them nowhere.

He's had 4 decent runs the whole season.

The run-blocking of this line is just not what it was in 2006.

-9fA

I agree yesterday our smashmouth OL didn't give Gore much daylight to work with. Yet they looked stellar in pass protection. Go figure
As happy as I am that Alex is doing well in the spread/shotgun, running the ball 12 times, 9 by Gore, all game is absolutely unacceptable. I agree with Sing in the sense that we need a balance. Or at least SOME balance.
Share 49ersWebzone