Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by miked1978:
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Just 2 weeks ago he was a stubborn jackass that had to go. My my how winning helps.

Yeah. I think it's actually time to point out some of the knee-jerk detractors. Football is a 17 Week marathon, not a weekly we lost, fire him sprint.

Fire Mike Singletary! (11/22) - gunslinger8 - Quote: "He doesn't have the players prepared, doesn't know how. To gameplan and the only gametime adjustments he makes stem from being down in the game and having to throw to get back in it. Think his motivational speeches will win any games? I don't."

Singletary gave up 34 points today (11/08) - Mex49 - Quote: I know must of you cant remember your name but just try to think back a few weeks. We get blown out by Atlanta, have two weeks to prepare for Houston, give up 21 points in the first half, and then we loose to the 1-7 titans at home. Whose f**king fault is it? I know you all love HOF titles but grow up boys. We still suck ( some a lot more than others) and it starts at the top. Owner ,GM, HC ,OC, DC, and so on.

Singletary is not the right coach for this team (11/01) - sachie23 - Quote: Good coaches scheme and run a style to fit the players they have. With Alex, Crabtree, Davis, Gore, this team should be spreading the field. We do not have smash mouth players. You can't beat the Colts playing not to lose. There will be 5 all star coaches available in 2010 (if Fisher does in fact leave). Lets get a proven winner. Singletary was a nice story but its starting to look like a lot of smoke and mirrors. Bash me if you want but the NFL today is about teams that can throw the football.

singletary MAKING BIG MISTAKES. (10/22) - SanDiego49er - Quote: I don't see how he is that good. Look at the Denver coach for example. 6 - 0 in his rookie season and his team is always prepared.

Notice how they all haven't posted here this week. They will be back the next game we lose telling us the usual "I told you so"

its how they always are

Actually SanDeigo has been lurking around in the PL.

Yeah but he's staying away from NT until we lose again, hopefully we don't lose again so we dont have to here he's whining.

Actually Sigletary has been pretty flexible. And for that much I must give him credit. He is not STAY THE COURSE NoWin Nolan.

~ Change QB's.
~ Bench Bruce.
~ Play Morgan and Hill.
~ Play Spread even though it kills him. It's not his personality.
~ Try different Guards and Tackles when things aren't working.
~ Try playing to the players strengths instead of their weaknesses.

The longer the season has gone on and I have a full body of work to see the more impressed I am with Singletary. Regardless of whatever our record ends up being I'm kind of impressed with Singletary. Most hard nosed coaches don't change anything. They think their way is the only way. He's flexible enough to play to his players strengths.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Dec 3, 2009 at 11:28 AM ]
Thin line between Flexible and Waffler!
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Actually Sigletary has been pretty flexible. And for that much I must give him credit. He is not STAY THE COURSE NoWin Nolan.

~ Change QB's.
~ Bench Bruce.
~ Play Morgan and Hill.

The longer the season has gone on and I have a full body of work to see the more impressed I am with Singletary. Regardless of whatever our record ends up being I'm kind of impressed with Singletary. Most hard nosed coaches don't change anything. They think their way is the only way. He's flexible enough to play to his players strengths.

And that's why I respect you. Despite your very unpopular views you've shown that you are a some what reasonable person. Sometimes
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

haha, this is true.

I don't think think he is waffling though. He seems to wait until he is pretty sure something is just not working before making a change.

It may be thin but it goes deep and the one thing that clearly defines it is winning or losing.
Originally posted by Esco:

~ Change QB's.
~ Bench Bruce.
~ Play Morgan and Hill.

And that's why I respect you. Despite your very unpopular views you've shown that you are a some what reasonable person. Sometimes

Winning cures everything..even SD

~ Change QB's.
~ Bench Bruce.
~ Play Morgan and Hill.

~ Change QB's.
~ Bench Bruce.
~ Play Morgan and Hill.

To be fair, SD has been quite upbeat recently. Some very positive stuff on Smith, for instance. I was beginning to wonder if his username had been hijacked!

J/k SD. Keep it up, man
Originally posted by djfullshred:

haha, this is true.

I don't think think he is waffling though. He seems to wait until he is pretty sure something is just not working before making a change.

the danger for him is he must never let the player think they can run the team...

Originally posted by English:

~ Change QB's.
~ Bench Bruce.
~ Play Morgan and Hill.

To be fair, SD has been quite upbeat recently. Some very positive stuff on Smith, for instance. I was beginning to wonder if his username had been hijacked!

J/k SD. Keep it up, man

I've always like Alex. I just thought we played the wrong offense for him. Only now after 5 years and multiple OC's and HC's this team realizes that the shotgun / spread offense is best for Smith. They should have been able to see that when he came out of Utah...

I've never trusted the Hillusionists...

~ Change QB's.
~ Bench Bruce.
~ Play Morgan and Hill.

J/k SD. Keep it up, man

I've always like Alex. I just thought we played the wrong offense for him. Only now after 5 years and multiple OC's and HC's this team realizes that the shotgun / spread offense is best for Smith. They should have been able to see that when he came out of Utah...

And Sandiego49er and a lot of people did end up being right about Nolan

Even when it wasn't the most popular view.

On topic, I too am glad that Singletary is showing how flexible he can be. I was starting to get down on him for little bit too... Just need to keep winning
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Just 2 weeks ago he was a stubborn jackass that had to go. My my how winning helps.

Yeah. I think it's actually time to point out some of the knee-jerk detractors. Football is a 17 Week marathon, not a weekly we lost, fire him sprint.

Fire Mike Singletary! (11/22) - gunslinger8 - Quote: "He doesn't have the players prepared, doesn't know how. To gameplan and the only gametime adjustments he makes stem from being down in the game and having to throw to get back in it. Think his motivational speeches will win any games? I don't."

Singletary gave up 34 points today (11/08) - Mex49 - Quote: I know must of you cant remember your name but just try to think back a few weeks. We get blown out by Atlanta, have two weeks to prepare for Houston, give up 21 points in the first half, and then we loose to the 1-7 titans at home. Whose f**king fault is it? I know you all love HOF titles but grow up boys. We still suck ( some a lot more than others) and it starts at the top. Owner ,GM, HC ,OC, DC, and so on.

Singletary is not the right coach for this team (11/01) - sachie23 - Quote: Good coaches scheme and run a style to fit the players they have. With Alex, Crabtree, Davis, Gore, this team should be spreading the field. We do not have smash mouth players. You can't beat the Colts playing not to lose. There will be 5 all star coaches available in 2010 (if Fisher does in fact leave). Lets get a proven winner. Singletary was a nice story but its starting to look like a lot of smoke and mirrors. Bash me if you want but the NFL today is about teams that can throw the football.

singletary MAKING BIG MISTAKES. (10/22) - SanDiego49er - Quote: I don't see how he is that good. Look at the Denver coach for example. 6 - 0 in his rookie season and his team is always prepared.

I think some people take coaches talk way to seriously. Like folks bashing Sing b/c he says Synder is playing well. When we all know he's just trying to keep his confidence up b/c like it or not he's in the rotation for the rest of the season. I mean wouldn't Sing have been a dumbass if before the Jags game he just said yeah we gonna come out in the spread and throw it all around. Or just say the same old same old while the whole time you making the changes during practice and not in the media. And this by know means I think he's perfect b/c i'm still hot about Rossum being cut. How he handles timeouts is still awork in progress. But he's not a terrible head coach, or at least he hasn't coached enough imo for that to be proven.

~ Change QB's.
~ Bench Bruce.
~ Play Morgan and Hill.

J/k SD. Keep it up, man

this actually takes me back to when Nolan was here. He seemed to be the hard-nosed coach as was evidenced by him releasing players that didn't like what he had to say. Nolan didn't adapt well and when Sing said we were gonna be a running team, I think a lot of people had flashbacks to nolan.

I'm glad he's showing us his flexibility and I really like how he's pressuring the players to take over the team. This is something that has sorely been missing.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Good article. I enjoyed it.
Share 49ersWebzone