LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 299 users in the forums

Our surprise Weapon

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Delanie's no surprise...he just hasn't gotten the ball enough. A lot of us have been saying that for years. As for Miller, I believe this may be his beginning on the roster and Norris' prelude to an exit. In a spread offense, Miller can be effective because he's a fierce blocker (that former LB in him coming out) and he has good hands, which should only improve under "the master" Rathman's coaching.
Delanie Walker is adequate and thats about it. He is only successful occasionaly, and thats only because he is the forgotten man in light of the other weapons on offense. I like having him, but don't think Delanie is a focal point type of guy. If he were, he would be much less effective imo.
[ Edited by WINiner on Dec 3, 2009 at 5:13 AM ]
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheCatch:
Originally posted by insanemike27:
I was saying get rid of moran norris and give this guy a chance after the first preseason game I saw him play in. I'm glad they are finally gonna put him on the 53 man roster and maybe soon he can be put on the active game time roster. GET 'EM BRIT.

Right, other than blocking, Norris never gets that 1 yard we need. Brit impressed in preseason with good hands, and hard to bring down.

Other than Blocking? Moran's main job is blocking. Brit has good hands and hard to bring down. cool but can he pick up a blizt to potect the QB can he lead block? Its a plus if a FB is hard to bring down and has good hands but if you are a FB you MUST be able to pick up the blizt and lead block. I'm no saying Brit can't do those things but before anyone calls fo him to be the teams only FB how about mentioning how he does the things that FBs have to do.

I'm not trying to be a smartass or anything I'm just saying thats like mentioning a QB is a good scrambler but not mentioning if he can throw the ball or read defenses.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
no suprise to most here on the forum... we know DW has some playmaking ability... The suprise is that they are actually giving him a chance to show it!

This
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Lol

everyone is hyping him up already

He's worth the hype!

that's what everyone said about Coffee/Sheets
I think with this spread, Jason Hill will be good for us. He's quick and can act as a Wes Welker type. I'm not saying he is as good but he does have sure hands and he's quick after the catch. In obvious passing downs, against nickel or dime coverage, Delanie will not be quick or fast enough and I can see Jason Hill being effective.
Share 49ersWebzone