There are 216 users in the forums

Here comes the annual late season surge

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Nolan's teams did this too. Start decent, blow the season in the middle with a losing streak, play your way out of the postseason, then play well against crappy teams at the end (usually with nothing to play for) and get us excited about next year. Repeat.

Notice how Matt Leinart lit up Tennesee when we couldn't, or that we scored 20 points against a lousy Jax defense, the Bears debacle? Sorry, I'm not buying this as some turnaround, just more of the same we've seen the last decade or so.
Originally posted by TX9R:
Nolan's teams did this too. Start decent, blow the season in the middle with a losing streak, play your way out of the postseason, then play well against crappy teams at the end (usually with nothing to play for) and get us excited about next year. Repeat.

Notice how Matt Leinart lit up Tennesee when we couldn't, or that we scored 20 points against a lousy Jax defense, the Bears debacle? Sorry, I'm not buying this as some turnaround, just more of the same we've seen the last decade or so.

220 yards and no INTs is not exactly lighting it up
[ Edited by valrod33 on Nov 30, 2009 at 10:29 AM ]
If they play well against Zona and the Eagles and win one of the two, it's not a tipical late season surge.
I understand where you are coming from and it's put up or shut up time.

The offensive game plan used against Jacksonville should have been used in GB and against TN. This team might be 7-4 if they had.

Good for you
I just don't understand why we are giving a new head coach only 1 full season to turn us around?
Originally posted by miked1978:
I just don't understand why we are giving a new head coach only 1 full season to turn us around?

Patience is a virtue; not everyone is virtuous.

this

and now queue the " ive been a fan for 20 years and i dont deserve this",

we are a better team right now with Sing compared to any of the coaches we have had since Mariucci was fired, the niners have a chance to win the division still, im really excited about the team next year once we fix some of the holes in the offseason(draft and free agency), there is still a lot of season left though and we cna make a run

GO 9ers
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Good for you
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

Patience is a virtue; not everyone is virtuous.

Who said anything about firing the coach? The problem is the talent, which is really just average. Although I do think a guy with X/O background could get better results with this type of talent by outscheming people. I also think the ass. coaches are a problem. You don't get cutting edge play design and calling from a 70 year old coach, you just don't. And Manusky is just average. Our blitzes and coverages are vanilla and predictable. I like MS, but he needs to have more creative guys calling plays.

You do realize that we are only two games back on the Cards right now? We have plenty to play for. Vegas odds will have us finishing our last 5 games 3-2. The only question is can we go 4-1? We "should" beat Seattle, St. Louis, and Detroit. We MUST beat Arizona. If we loose to AZ then we need to beat the eagles and hope AZ drops a second game.
All I'm saying is that we have plenty to play for and I hope you are dead right about a late season surge.
The coaches finally let Smith do what he's good at.
Smith made the throws when given time.
VD breaks a record.
Crabtree, Morgan, Walker are very productive.
Gore catches one for the highlight reel.
The defense plays well.
All that and the game (only the second) was televised in the Seattle area.
It was really fun to watch.
I'm sorry Debbie Downer but just enjoy the moment.

Jacksonville did have something to play for. This was not a dead, don't care game.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
play your way out of the postseason

Except that we haven't played out way out of the postseason yet. We're two games back with a game against the Cards at home left.
Originally posted by NorthNiner:
The coaches finally let Smith do what he's good at.
Smith made the throws when given time.
VD breaks a record.
Crabtree, Morgan, Walker are very productive.
Gore catches one for the highlight reel.
The defense plays well.
All that and the game (only the second) was televised in the Seattle area.
It was really fun to watch.
I'm sorry Debbie Downer but just enjoy the moment.

Tied a record hasnt broken it yet.

He will though
Share 49ersWebzone