There are 169 users in the forums

Are the 49ers hungry enough?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It seems that when we play teams that are now striving for playoff contention (Houston, Indianapolis, Green Bay, Tennessee, ...), we don't seem hungry enough to want to win or fight tooth and nail for that victory - we seem to give up. These other teams seem to want to win more than we do. Tennessee is not giving up, have won 4 in a row. Chicago, we fought the whole game, almost lost - but won because we wanted the game more. We don't seem to display that hunger for 60 minutes of football for most of these teams.

Jacksonville has won three consecutive games and is 6-4. They are going to bring everything they have. I just hope the 49ers want to win more than they do.
Hungry enough is not a problem. They have a problem with coaching, scheme, system, formations and lack of continuity. Of course huge O LINE problems and ZERO PASS RUSH.

They don't play to their players strengths.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
It seems that when we play teams that are now striving for playoff contention (Houston, Indianapolis, Green Bay, Tennessee, ...), we don't seem hungry enough to want to win or fight tooth and nail for that victory - we seem to give up. These other teams seem to want to win more than we do. Tennessee is not giving up, have won 4 in a row. Chicago, we fought the whole game, almost lost - but won because we wanted the game more. We don't seem to display that hunger for 60 minutes of football for most of these teams.

Jacksonville has won three consecutive games and is 6-4. They are going to bring everything they have. I just hope the 49ers want to win more than they do.

True, it depends upon how much heart this team has left. -Last time I checked our team stopped putting in the 'extra' effort after the Colts game.
no or we would be 7-3
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:

True, it depends upon how much heart this team has left. -Last time I checked our team stopped putting in the 'extra' effort after the Colts game.

sing can always drop his pants to motivate them. Motivation is not our problem. We are the most motivated team in the league. SCHEME and COACHING and OWNERSHIP are the problems along with the obvious things like a terrible O LINE and ZERO PASS RUSH.
Originally posted by King49er:
no or we would be 7-3

word
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Hungry enough is not a problem. They have a problem with coaching, scheme, system, formations and lack of continuity. Of course huge O LINE problems and ZERO PASS RUSH.

So basically they have problems with every aspect of the team.
Originally posted by sacniner:

So basically they have problems with every aspect of the team.

The punting is very strong.
Yea I guess I am, I kinda want some pizza right now.

Ohhh, you said are the 49ers hungry????

Why the heck are you making so much sense SD49???!?!

Hellava season we got our selves into ya?

But... you forgot to mention the fellow, oh never mind, you know!
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Nov 28, 2009 at 2:27 AM ]

Our players are well fed at the team canteen. They are allow up to 6 items, including 2 meat items. They can purchase additional items at team subsidized prices.

In special cases (petitioned by coach and must be approved by senior management) a player can have up to 8 items.

Tuesday is Salisbury steak day, guys usually lined up 30 minutes before opening.

The ownership has received report from senior management that our food allowance is somewhat comparable to Yahoo but not as ridiculous as Google's where nerds are allowed to eat as much sushi as they wanted.
[ Edited by jed_york on Nov 28, 2009 at 11:04 AM ]
Free alex.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Hunger is not the problem. Lack of talent is the problem.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:

No need to analyze anything else. It's that simple!
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:

you saved me some keystrokes.
Share 49ersWebzone