LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 334 users in the forums

When will the niners give up on smash mouth and open things up?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It is pretty obvious that we are by no means a smash mouth football team. Our O-line is TERRIBBLE!!!! and there is no way we can be a smash mouth football team with such a weak line.

In today's game smith had no time at all to throw the ball in the fist half. It was the most frustrating thing to watch. He would literally hike the ball and have someone in his face. But then when we went to the spread offense we actually started competing.

To me Smith looks fairly accurate when given time but that rarely happens so it only makes sense to have him run more shotgun sets to see the field better and have more time to throw.

So I am just wondering when will Singletary stop with this smash mouth bulls**tt and open things up. We need to come out firing to begin games and not when we are down and pretty much out of the game.

Ahhhhh!!! so fustrated right now
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by ustadbongo:
It is pretty obvious that we are by no means a smash mouth football team. Our O-line is TERRIBBLE!!!! and there is no way we can be a smash mouth football team with such a weak line.

In today's game smith had no time at all to throw the ball in the fist half. It was the most frustrating thing to watch. He would literally hike the ball and have someone in his face. But then when we went to the spread offense we actually started competing.

To me Smith looks fairly accurate when given time but that rarely happens so it only makes sense to have him run more shotgun sets to see the field better and have more time to throw.

So I am just wondering when will Singletary stop with this smash mouth bulls**tt and open things up. We need to come out firing to begin games and not when we are down and pretty much out of the game.

As long as Sing is HC it will never change I'm afraid

Next time we fall behind by 21.
Originally posted by 9ermj:

As long as Sing is HC it will never change I'm afraid

STAY THE COURSE. Let's be a smashmouth running team.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Never as long as smash mouth Sing is HC.

Also Sing will get rid of Alex because he cannot run the style offense he wants.
december 21, 2012---at least i think that is the date for the end of the mayan calendar
You mean like against TEN?

How quick we forget when Alex doesn't play well and we got exactly what we wanted from the play calling.
Share 49ersWebzone