LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 370 users in the forums

Im sick of the Rodgers is > Smith posts....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • tmg808
  • Info N/A
Rodgers completed a lot of dump passes and had plenty of time to do so. A 5 yd pass to Jennings that went for 64. He threw 65 yds to the running back, hitch passes to the WRs that turned into 1st downs, He didn't go up the field. The 49ers Defense made him look better than he was today. Alex Smith went 16/23 last week, difference is the Bears tackled. 49ers played soft coverage and tackled poorly.

To me he is a JT O'Sullivan that doesn't fumble. He has been sacked 10 more times than anyone in the league. He is just a slightly above average QB on a good team. The Packers went 13-3 two years ago. To say he made the 49ers pay is ridiculous, the Packers were a better team than the 49ers today, and it wasn't on Arron Rodgers shoulders.
[ Edited by tmg808 on Nov 22, 2009 at 4:45 PM ]
Another Smith supporter thread!
I think he was impressive. He put up 300 yards in one half, made no mistakes, was decisive and elusive.

I do take issue with the whole "making us pay" thing, though. That whole issue has been blown out of proportion. It was 4 years ago and the media is just digging for storylines
Originally posted by tmg808:
Rodgers completed a lot of dump passes and had plenty of time to do so. A 5 yd pass to Jennings that went for 64. He threw 65 yds to the running back, hitch passes to the WRs that turned into 1st downs, He didn't go up the field. The 49ers Defense made him look better than he was today.

To me he is a JT O'Sullivan that doesn't fumble. He has been sacked 10 more times than anyone in the league. He is just a slightly above average QB on a good team. The Packers went 13-3 two years ago. To say he made the 49ers pay is ridiculous, the Packers were a better team than the 49ers today, and it wasn't on Arron Rodgers shoulders.

dumbest post in history
Rodger's is >>>>>>>>>>>>> than Smith, but I'm not regretting passing on him just yet. He's got that Tony Romo vibe. Great fantasy QB that disappears when it matters.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 22, 2009 at 4:13 PM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Rodger's is >>>>>>>>>>>>> than Smith, but I'm not regretting passing on him just yet. He's got that Tony Romo vibe. Great fantasy QB that disappears when it matters.

I don't agree Rodgers with that 5+ minutes left in the game and we didn't get it back? Not even Romo has done that.
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:

I don't agree Rodgers with that 5+ minutes left in the game and we didn't get it back? Not even Romo has done that.

He hasn't played very well from behind late in games. He's a good QB right now, but there's about 12 guys I would take over him without even thinking about it.

He hasn't played very well from behind late in games. He's a good QB right now, but there's about 12 guys I would take over him without even thinking about it.

really 12? who?

Rodgers is a very good QB. I think might in the near future (with an improved O-Line hopefully next year) Smith will be as well.
Rodgers right now>>>>>"Smith's greatest potential"

really 12? who?

Brady, Manning, Manning, Palmer, McNabb, Favre, Warner, Roethlisburger, Brees, Rivers.

Well 10 guys without question.
Just stop it! Rodgers tore up our defense all day. How can you even think that 344 yds with a 71% completion pct and 2 TD's is not impressive?
He threw for more yards in the first half than Alex Smith has ever thrown in an entire game. If that wasn't impressive then I don't know what can be said about Alex Smith's performance.
Rodger's had little to do with this game. We lost this game because of another inept offensive philosophy of football.
  • DaNiners
  • Info N/A
God there are some real idiots on these posts.
Share 49ersWebzone