LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 169 users in the forums

Defense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Stuuk
  • Veteran
It was dissapointing that we didnt learn how to defend the screen pass in the 10 days since the Chicago game. Although it didnt kill us there was a couple of significant plays from the screen notably to Grant.
Way to many missed tackles!(T.Brown, D. Goldson) Man do we miss Clements on run support.
Originally posted by taney71:
The defense has no pass rush. That's the problem.

Exactly!!!!
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Originally posted by NinersFo6:
It's not that our defense is garbage, it's the game plan! This "We don't want to give up a big play" strategy is killing us. We need to attack the qb sooner in the game and get them thinking about where to throw to. Why Patrick Willis is not coming in on blitzes is beyond me. I know he is our best tackler chasing people down, but if he can either put pressure or just get to the qb then we won't have to worry about cahsing anyone down. I am just getting irritated with figuring out an opposing team to late in the game to do anything about. Especially after 10 days to prepare for them!

K, so after failing for the entire game... What happened when they still had a chance to redeem themselves with a stop on GB's final drive??? They failed miserably, and GB had a 5 minute drive to end the game... The defense sucks....

Were they loading up the box to stop the, NO. Did they have their corners play tight coverage on Green Bay's receivers, NO. Why, because their game plan in these situations are horrible. The defense did play a little better in the 2nd half but when it came time to make a big stop they couldn't do it because they were not in the right position to do so. They need to just stop playing scared and impose their will on their opponents.
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Originally posted by NinersFo6:
It's not that our defense is garbage, it's the game plan! This "We don't want to give up a big play" strategy is killing us. We need to attack the qb sooner in the game and get them thinking about where to throw to. Why Patrick Willis is not coming in on blitzes is beyond me. I know he is our best tackler chasing people down, but if he can either put pressure or just get to the qb then we won't have to worry about cahsing anyone down. I am just getting irritated with figuring out an opposing team to late in the game to do anything about. Especially after 10 days to prepare for them!

K, so after failing for the entire game... What happened when they still had a chance to redeem themselves with a stop on GB's final drive??? They failed miserably, and GB had a 5 minute drive to end the game... The defense sucks....

they did spend the whole first half on the field but we have no pass rush
Share 49ersWebzone