LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 185 users in the forums

Colts Barely Survived the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The Colts beat the patriots.
The Colts are one of the best teams in the NFL and could win the Superbowl.
The Colts barely survived the 49ers.

The 49ers have beaten the loser of last years Superbowl, Arizona.

The Vikings lead their division and only beat the 49ers on a last second HOF pass.

Basically the Colts and Vikings escaped and Arizona didn't.

Bottom line. This team is better than last year and very close to beating anybody.

And now we can actually put real points on the board where we couldn't the first few games.

Future looks brighter?
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
IBTL

...But I will say that this team is competitive in every game except for the Atlanta game, and that is without a consistent offense. With time, they are only going to get better and they are going to be dangerous for a long time. If they turn the corner offensively, you can forget about the Cardinals being the darlings in the west.
Whatever makes you feel better, bro.

Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:

Any.

Given.

Sunday.

Consistency is the key, and it's something we have not.
  • flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by luv49rs:
The defense can play with anybody in the league.

The offense can lose to anybody in the league.

I dont think so..

I think the Colts just planned to do enough to beat us and NOT blow us out. If they chose to blow us out they could IMO.

I don't think our team can engage in a shoot out with the Colts like the Pats vs Colts game.

Just like the Rams put up a good fight against the Saints last week.

The niners put up a good fight against the Colts. But we are no where near the top of the leauge, IMO.

i feel better knowing that we're choking games away(vikings,colts,titans) then looking the way we did in 03'-06, with bad coaches & players, not being competitive, finishing with 10+ loss & just plainly looking like s**t. choking games is better than not being in them from the beginning. just cause we don't have one of the best records in the league doesn't mean we're not a good team. it just means we're making strides to get where we want the team to be
Originally posted by valrod33:

Their so happy, they just made bank in tithes and offerings. Dance false prophets, dance...
[ Edited by vermonator on Nov 17, 2009 at 12:42 PM ]
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
I dont think so..

I think the Colts just planned to do enough to beat us and NOT blow us out. If they chose to blow us out they could IMO.

I don't think our team can engage in a shoot out with the Colts like the Pats vs Colts game.

The niners put up a good fight against the Colts. But we are no where near the top of the leauge, IMO.

you think the colts planned for their offense to look the way they did, for manning not to throw a TD & for them to have to use a trick play to score their only TD. it could be me but i don't think so.
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
I dont think so..

That is maybe the most ridiculous statement ever posted on the zone EVER!
Share 49ersWebzone