There are 154 users in the forums

not that far away from turning the corner..

Shop Find 49ers gear online
1. we are a Brett Favre dagger right through our hearts away from being 5-4
2. we are 1 possesion away from completing the comeback @ HOU to being 6-3
3. we are an aggresive approach on the offensive side of the ball and 4pts away to 7-2
4. we are a couple key stops on Chris Johnson and consistency from Alex away from being 8-1

It is what it is. Instead of putting those games together and being 8-1, we barried our selves 4 feet under and we are 4-5. Now to be completely honest at this point in the season, I think Jimmy Raye is and Singletary have had their struggles, but they still continue on improving, and looking for ways to turn this thing around and get better. Whethere its going more to the pass, playing certain players, and changing the game plan to benefit our stars..

With being 1 game away to being 5-4, and a few heart breakers to being 8-1, we still have some holes and issues. Next season we need..

1. lineman- either through the draft or FA
2. pass rusher- its been years, and we dont have someone that can consistently get to the QB
3. QB- Is Smith the answer?? give him this season and next season to stay and improve in the offense?? or do we go get one in 2010?

we are close guys.. heres to hoping we finish the season strong, if SEA can continue to beat up on the Cards, we are 1 gm away from first!!!

[ Edited by 49ersnum1 on Nov 15, 2009 at 14:40:17 ]
Coulda, shoulda, woulda dude.

We're 4-5, lets just concentrate on going forward.
Originally posted by TheChozen:

I understand what you're saying here, however, I think the OP has a point. The team has been competitive in games that matter this year. Last year it wasn't until the end of the season, in "garbage time" so to speak, that we saw the team play competitive. So while we're not where we would like to be, we are not where we used to be either.

I think you missed the point a little, he's pointing out how much we've improved, not all the things we could have had.

Cause seriously, I don't know anybody who thinks the Nolan generation would ever come close to beating the Colts or Vikings.
Originally posted by 49erFan:

I understand what you're saying here, however, I think the OP has a point. The team has been competitive in games that matter this year. Last year it wasn't until the end of the season, in "garbage time" so to speak, that we saw the team play competitive. So while we're not where we would like to be, we are not where we used to be either.

correct.. its not 2004-2007 where we would lose before the game would start b.c we have no talent, or it would be over in the first half b.c our offense cant score or our defense cant get a stop. We are a complete team, and a few holes to fill away from being a top 10 power house. Even losing games we should lose, we are almost winning. The only game we should have won, that we lose IMHO was v.s TEN, and we let that get away, yet throughout this season we have been anywhere from #10-20 in rankings
Except for one blowout game, we've been in all the others

Here's to a nice run to close it out at 11-5, 10-6 or 9-7

We're 2 behind AZ but we play them 1 more time.

Doable

We know that it will be Alex, VD, Crabs, Morgan, Gore. Add a little Hill. We need some consistency on the OL but I wanna see this O gel these last weeks of the season

I'd rather go into the playoffs on a roll rather than go in all complacent (ala the Sharks, who are on pace for another President's trophy )

If this team gets in at 9-7 and gets hot, anything can happen

Just get in
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

I think you missed the point a little, he's pointing out how much we've improved, not all the things we could have had.

Cause seriously, I don't know anybody who thinks the Nolan generation would ever come close to beating the Colts or Vikings.

My point was that there is no need to look back and say we could be this and could be that. Yeah, we've improved...some. I just don't see how looking back and saying we coulda been this or that is gonna help us going forward. I wasn't slamming on him or even really disagreeing with him. I do agree that we would've been skunked against the Colts and Vikes if Nolan would've been HC.
the niners are a buncha choke artist. once the niners get it out of their system, they could be one of the TEAMS TO BEAT(i'm an optimist too). they've played some of the best teams & have taken the lead into the 4th but then choke the game away. look at the vikings, colts, & titans(they may have a $hiity record but this is the same team that went 13-3 with a 10-0 start). GO NINERS!!! i just wonder if we can catch a hot streak like the ravens did in '00(I think) & have a better ending than the cards did last year. THAT WOULD BE THE $IHT!!!!
Originally posted by calinig4life:
the niners are a buncha choke artist. once the niners get it out of their system, they could be one of the TEAMS TO BEAT(i'm an optimist too). they've played some of the best teams & have taken the lead into the 4th but then choke the game away. look at the vikings, colts, & titans(they may have a $hiity record but this is the same team that went 13-3 with a 10-0 start). GO NINERS!!! i just wonder if we can catch a hot streak like the ravens did in '00(I think) & have a better ending than the cards did last year. THAT WOULD BE THE $IHT!!!!
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

mabad professor 4 tryin 2 get ma point across n not carin if ma spellin o da way i wrote it iz correct. i dot it'z bout the point of da reply. i'll try 2 get da spellin str8 next time. o if u can read, u'll get da basics of what i waz sayin. GO NINERS!!!

Yep, we're 4-5, but we've been competitive in all of them except for the Falcons game. The team is coming around even though I still think next year is when it'll really happen for our team.

yea
one game at a time
you can give those excuses for every loss any team has had. the only loss that we should have a win in is the vikings game. if we were 5-4 i'd be confident that we would be making the playoffs, but i think we have no chance
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

mabad professor 4 tryin 2 get ma point across n not carin if ma spellin o da way i wrote it iz correct. i dot it'z bout the point of da reply. i'll try 2 get da spellin str8 next time. o if u can read, u'll get da basics of what i waz sayin. GO NINERS!!!

Dude, if you knew me, you would know that that gif is actually a compliment, coming from me.

I didn't even focus on your grammar. If I wanted to critique your grammer, I would have done the MC Hammer, Grammer time thing
  • krizay
  • Veteran
we are 6 sacks and another horrible offensive output to the Packers away from you singing a totally different tune next week.
Share 49ersWebzone