LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 180 users in the forums

Alex Smith 33 starts without a 300 yard passing game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by crzy:
He didn't get it today but no one can complain about his first half performance. It remains to be seen whether or not it was a fluke though.

You say his good performances were a fluke after every game. Isn't it getting old by now?

He didn't get it today but no one can complain about his first half performance. It remains to be seen whether or not it was a fluke though.

No fluke. He had a good game, and should of had another TD pass. He has shown this level of performance out of the spread almost every opportunity he has received. It's nice to watch an exciting offense finally. A lot better than the Hill, "power" offense we had before.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

You say his good performances were a fluke after every game. Isn't it getting old by now?

performances...plural?

What?
I have never seen Alex this accurate. Mike Johnson has done wonders with his mechanics.
Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:
I have never seen Alex this accurate. Mike Johnson has done wonders with his mechanics.

indeed. helping smith reaching his potential. All the offnsive coaches are doing a better job building his confidence.
Originally posted by sacniner:

No fluke. He had a good game, and should of had another TD pass. He has shown this level of performance out of the spread almost every opportunity he has received. It's nice to watch an exciting offense finally. A lot better than the Hill, "power" offense we had before.

Crabtree dropped some passes he HAS to make. Luckily we won this one or else it would be a bigger issue IMO.

performances...plural?

What?

the only bad game he's had has been the titans game this year.
  • iohk
  • Veteran
damn crabs dropped a forsure today
  • ZRF80

performances...plural?

What?

• ZRF80
Originally posted by darkknight49:

performances...plural?

What?

the only bad game he's had has been the titans game this year.

Ummmm........Chicago wasnt exactly a cakewalk for him....

That was Alex's best game of his career.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Fluke huh? Whatever.

I honestly think this was Smith's best game I've ever seen him play. He was accurate, made good decisions and had some passes dropped that would have made his stats even more impressive.

They put the game on his shoulders for the first time and he responded. This is the type of performance that could help him grow exponentially.
I am watching his post-game question and answer right now, and he seems more confident every week when answering. And the columnists are giving him some love. The only thing, the only little thing I would change if I were him... his shirts. He wears the same damn shirt every week after the game. Oh well, lets focus, because we may still have a shot at making the playoffs. Go 9ers!
  • ZRF80

To be honest, this game from him was more of a shock than something expected. I hope he can carry this type of tempo. I guess we'll find out next week.
Originally posted by iohk:
damn crabs dropped a forsure today

That throw was a dime
Share 49ersWebzone