LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 372 users in the forums

Crabtree catch

Shop Find 49ers gear online
anyone have the video of it? multiple angles? please?
BUMP

Yes please
Do you mean the one-handed incompletion?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
that was a catch

the refs screwed us all night
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Do you mean the one-handed incompletion?

yea the one where he dragged both feet in, had possession and it didn't come out of his hands till he was out of bounds

[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Nov 13, 2009 at 16:44:15 ]
not a catch
Originally posted by susweel:
that was a catch

Completely agree! He had possession, tucked in to his body, and both feet in bounds and only lost it when he hit the ground. I'm no ref, but doesn't that constitute a catch? Kinda like "ground can't cause a fumble"? I;m surprised it didn't get overturned in review and that the announcers didn't see it that way and make a comment to that effect. Seemed pretty straightforward to me, and I'm not one of those fans that thinks every call should go our way either.
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for MRNINESEVEN.
it was a ctach. watch nfl network they had the guy from the league on today and he said yes it was a catch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
his shin hit out of bounds then his foot came down

was pretty obvious it was not a catch
Originally posted by Syxton:
anyone have the video of it? multiple angles? please?

Why does it matter, we WON?

Yeah that was a tough call but maybe it would have been overturned had he held on to it but that was a stupid challenge by Singletary. Even if it was a catch it was 1st and 10 big deal no need to waste a T.0. that early.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RonMexico:

Agree! I watched the replay 10 times and you can see his right knee hit out of bounds before his left foot touched the ground.

It was one HELL of a catch though...this kid is going to be our future!
Originally posted by Chico:
Originally posted by RonMexico:

Agree! I watched the replay 10 times and you can see his right knee hit out of bounds before his left foot touched the ground.

It was one HELL of a catch though...this kid is going to be our future!

Agree, Crabtree is gonna be a great WR for us.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Originally posted by susweel:
that was a catch

Completely agree! He had possession, tucked in to his body, and both feet in bounds and only lost it when he hit the ground. I'm no ref, but doesn't that constitute a catch? Kinda like "ground can't cause a fumble"? I;m surprised it didn't get overturned in review and that the announcers didn't see it that way and make a comment to that effect. Seemed pretty straightforward to me, and I'm not one of those fans that thinks every call should go our way either.

You have to maintain possession when you hit the ground for it to be a completion. In order for you to fumble you must already have established possession than lose the ball upon contact with the ground. the catch was his attempt to gain possession. There is the difference.
Did you guys see that shot one of the chicgo guys took on one of our guys after that morgan fumble recovery, two ref were right behiend the action and did not do anything about it, them refs are always screwing us over.
Share 49ersWebzone