LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Why is it?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I dont know if it is me or is it the scheme we are running. Why is it that the teams that we play seems like they dont make any mistakes against us. We dont get any interceptions or fumbles. Are we the only team that makes mistakes, it seems that every team we play looks good against us

This is very frustrating.
fellow niners show me some light
Originally posted by dwats49:
I dont know if it is me or is it the scheme we are running. Why is it that the teams that we play seems like they dont make any mistakes against us. We dont get any interceptions or fumbles. Are we the only team that makes mistakes, it seems that every team we play looks good against us

OK, here's the light.

THE REAL PROBLEM IS ON THE OFFENSIVE SIDE OF THE BALL.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

OK, here's the light.

The lack of a consistent pass rush is a problem for the D. It's the only thing that's preventing this D from being elite. The offense has a whole 'nother set of issues, like continuity.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

OK, here's the light.

The lack of a consistent pass rush is a problem for the D. It's the only thing that's preventing this D from being elite. The offense has a whole 'nother set of issues, like continuity.

And the lack of consistently stopping the opposing pass rush.
I thought Singletary wanted to have a defense that created turn overs so why is it that our defense hasn't created any turn overs?
Originally posted by backontop:
I thought Singletary wanted to have a defense that created turn overs so why is it that our defense hasn't created any turn overs?

Because they can't generate a pass rush. Its been a problem since Mooch was the coach.

Its a real simple equation

No pass rush=QB having plenty of time=QB not turning the ball over.

you know...i've been thinking the same thing. and we always seem to do a good job on 1st and 2nd downs, but the other team always seems to convert on 3rd down to keep the drive going somehow. even when the pass rush is getting there the other qb usually gets the ball off just in time to make the play...very frustrating.
Originally posted by linkboy:
Originally posted by backontop:

Because they can't generate a pass rush. Its been a problem since Mooch was the coach.

Its a real simple equation

No pass rush=QB having plenty of time=QB not turning the ball over.

Does no passrush also mean they can't force a fumble as well? The passrush is only one problem but the overall information is that the defense does not create any type of turn over PERIOD!

We're not the only team having turnover problems, just look around the NFL. Did you read about the Texans game yesterday?

[ Edited by TXNinerFan52 on Nov 9, 2009 at 19:31:53 ]
Share 49ersWebzone